Okay...McDonald's...Yes, No, Sometimes?

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I just had a QP w/ cheese and it was nasty. So I'm now on the "ew", but if you want it, eat it bandwagon.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    I'm with the sodium-watching team: even at near my goal weight, I seem to have issues with high blood pressure, so I like to be careful with salt. We did indulge in McD's this weekend and last; I didn't have a clue we were going to do that, so did a lot of improvising that sort-of-kind-of worked. But for me, it isn't really worth it.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    I'm a vegetarian 99% of the time. When I cheat I cheat hard. Every year I have a few cheeseburgers at McDonald's, they are delicious and then they make me physically sick. It's a pretty good system for restraint.
  • Santanico75
    Santanico75 Posts: 76 Member
    I agree with most people here - if you can fit it in to your calories for the day, then why not? I'm trying to look at fast food as a once a fortnight/month kind of thing; if I told myself I can never have a burger, or pizza, or beer ever again, I'd probably just give up right now. I know that as I get fitter I'll want those things less, but I'm pretty sure I will want them - as long as I haven't gone over, or have done a decent work out that day, I'll be fine. This is a lifestyle change, and for me, it's not sustainable if I can't let loose every once in a while.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I just had a QP w/ cheese and it was nasty. So I'm now on the "ew", but if you want it, eat it bandwagon.

I used to have QP with cheese all the time. I would also feel like utter crap after eating it. Then I usually would have to take a crap. I've had one burger from MCDS in well over a year. It was the Angus one. Much better. No feeling of crap or pooping afterwards.

Yeah, I think terrible things might happen in my bathroom very soon. I'll try the Angus next time - in the far, far future.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    yes :)
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    I try to avoid fast food. Too much temptation to eat unhealthy foods
  • tmoser512
    tmoser512 Posts: 28 Member
    I personally avoid most fast food because it makes me feel bloated, retain water and gives me gas, but when I do eat it, I drink lots of water after and adjust my calorie intake accordingly for the next few days.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Lately, fast food for me is to walk into a grocery store. An apple, a banana, and a greek yogurt is less than 2 dollars.

But there are certainly arguments for fast food. Convenience, availability, maybe you have kids in car seats screaming for food... Just log it and move on. There are usually menu choices at most places that can fit in your calorie budget. If not, go for a walk when you get home.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    I go to fast food places sometimes, 2-3 times a month... I cannot stand McD smell, was there once and threw up... :( But go to Panera, which is fast food too. A lot of salt and carbs, but once in a while I can fit it in :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    I go to fast food places sometimes, 2-3 times a month... I cannot stand McD smell, was there once and threw up... :( But go to Panera, which is fast food too. A lot of salt and carbs, but once in a while I can fit it in :)

I just don't like it. But when I was DESPERATE for a PT job in college and was applying around, I had that reaction to White Castle. Sooo much gross.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    I have always enjoyed fast food & am not upset to admit it! However, a funny thing happened when I started logging my food - I realized it often just didn't make sense. I could get far more food with better macros by just cooking myself. So my eating at fast food restaurants gradually just went down. I do eat it occasionally - like maybe once a month. Today, actually, we went to Jack in the Box. I will say my choices there are usually different now! I ordered a Jr Bacon Cheeseburger (no mayo) off the menu and a water. I nibbled some of my kids fries. And that was probably 450 calories or so.

Bottom line: if you like it, just work it in. But don't be surprised if you find more often than not, it doesn't fit in super well. :) Good luck!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I don't eat at McDonald's, BK, Wendy's, or Taco Bell. The smell is putrid and the food doesn't taste good to me. My GI tract doesn't like it either (Crohn's fighter). However, I will eat at Panera, Cosi, and Chipotle.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    I get southwest salads from there often.... they're really good for fast food....
  • Nataysha88
    Nataysha88 Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2015
    There Are So Many Other Options Than McDonalds! If You Have It Once Every Couple Of Months I Wouldn't Feel To Guilty But Try And Stay Away From It As Much As Possible, Your Body Will Love You For It :smiley:
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    There Are So Many Other Options Than McDonalds! If You Have It Once Every Couple Of Months I Wouldn't Feel To Guilty But Try And Stay Away From It As Much As Possible, Your Body Will Love You For It :smiley:

Sure, there are other options, but actually a McDonald's salad or chicken sandwich is lower calorie than most others I could do conveniently if I'm out and can't get home quickly for a meal.

Also, Why Do You Capitalize Every Word?
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Don't care what I have, but I don't really eat McDonald's cause I can get a better and similarly priced burger elsewhere.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    I don't really eat fast good either unless I absolutely have to. Like if my little sister wants to go after church and that's what she considers to be our bonding moment. Also, fast food is gross. Tastes great.. but yeh.

How is it gross?

Lol..probably because it's "fast food".
    When I moved to Chicago I swore I would never eat fast food. The food here in Chi-town is heaven on earth. Who needs ( want ) fast food garbage when there are all these amazing little places to eat in every street corner.
    However, after living here for almost 4 years I have been to McD multiple times.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Anyone that eats fast food is on the fast track to hell.