Okay...McDonald's...Yes, No, Sometimes?

Options

Replies

• DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    No! I think there are healthier options of burgers and fries than Maccas! Even on my treat days, I prefer to eat so that I don't feel crappy later on.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Ewwww on Steak 'n Shake.

Now, OTOH, the Shake Shack....

:drinker:

What is wrong with you?!?!
  • never2old67
    never2old67 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    No Mcd'sfor me! When I used to work there part time in high school by Fenway park 33 years ago (UGH) I used to cram those burgers and fries down like crazy. Could not and would not do it now.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,632 Member
    Options
    ariamythe wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Speaking of burgers that are awful in the calorie count but heavenly on the plate, Red Robin -- just keep me away. Some of those burgers are 1000 calories *on their own*, but they are soooo goooood ...
    Do not make the mistake of even THINKING about ordering the 13 onion ring tower!
    I shared one with two others.
    Definitely an occasion where looking up the calories BEFORE ordering would have paid off!
    2000Cal, without the dipping sauces!
    Been there. In fact, it's scary to contemplate: Get the onion ring tower as an appetizer, the Royal Robin burger w/fries, take advantage of one refil on the bottomless fries ... I would shudder to see the total kcal of that meal! [And yes, I have had that meal before.]
    Hmmmm, Friday June 5?

2335 logged for the meal and that was with the burger lettuce wrapped, dressings on the side, water only, and sharing the onion rings with two others!

But tasty! :blush:
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If itfits, go ahead. I just personally choose not to...it kinda grosses me out.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Ewwww on Steak 'n Shake.

Now, OTOH, the Shake Shack....

:drinker:

What is wrong with you?!?!

:smiley:

Chacun à son goût!

• Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I eat anything that fits into my calories. Fast food. Ice cream. Chocolate.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Oh god, I love Fuddruckers. I was in a wheelchair the last time I went and the server gave me a free brownie. :wink:

I really want to try the elk burger.
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't really like fast food anymore except Carl's Jr., but when I do get fast food, I don't get the meal (just the sandwich or whatever) and I get a water. It's really not usually that awful for you at all.
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I work at McDonald's and eat one to two meals a day, 5 days a week there. I have lost 45 lbs. since I started working there, as well. It's all about choices and sticking to your calories. You don't have to eat a double quarter pounder and a large fry every time you come in. In fact, you don't even need to eat beef every time you come in. You don't have to drink soda, either. I have a burger once in a while, fries, once in a while, usually I eat chicken wraps, apple slices, smoothies, salads, at breakfast I usually eat an egg McMuffin (no butter or cheese and extra Canadian Bacon. It's a very lean meat and only 15 calories per slice.)
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    zoomtech16 wrote: »
    Kid's meals are the best! I cannot give up Mcdonald's and lose weight there is no way it would happen. I would just be miserable.
    bLic8u8.jpg
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm with the if it fits, go ahead. However, personally I had been fantasising about Mud's for a while and when I finally gave in I was really underwhelmed. I think my head was ready for the burger you see in the adverts, the one I got just wasn't that nice! At least that's put me off a return trip for a while!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    i find maccas isnt worth it. but if it fits, eat it.

for me the calories to quanity ratio is skewed in the wrong direction.

you get like a small burger and some chips and you could have like 2-3 times as much of other foods.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Im so glad I got over my mcds addiction except for mmmm coffee! The food now is now so disgusting to me. Its loaded with salt on the meat and after super size me mcds just was never the same! I used to crave the burgers so bad! Especially when they had the angus mushroom cheddar burger it was 1000 cals! Well thank goodness those days are done. I think I ate there once in the past year they got me with the steak mushroom cheddar but it was not good:( it tastes nasty to me now. And it is crap food anyway.
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Personally, I haven't eaten at McDonald's (or any fast food chain) in years... with the exception of coffee (and the occasional small soup) from Tim Hortons. However, that's just me. IMO there's nothing bad with eating at McDonald's as long as it's in moderation :) If you crave it occasionally, then just go for it.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I was so starving that ate 1 quater pound, 1 snack wrap and small fries last Friday.. Yeah I own it like a boss :# !! But then again I ate that at 3:30 p.m and felt soooo fullll that I didn't have anything else until next morning.
    Nothing wrong with McDonalds I just usually just go for the burgers or the snack wrap and never get the soda or fries ( mind last Friday) .

• runner1234b
    runner1234b Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I saw three things:

1. Good for you pairing with water, the sodium content probably made you thirsty..
    2. Next time order it but don't eat the bread or bun and only the protein... Nuggets and burger meat.. Crumble it over a salad or take it home and do you still enjoy it when you put in on a plate or is it the appeal of you "shouldn't have it and need to consume it fast"
  • DennyB1964
    DennyB1964 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Long John Silver's cheese curds, yup

Yeah, that would probably be my kryptonite.

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Most items are priced to reflect their quality and the cost it takes to produce them. I'm not trying to say that that the costs of the two items are related, I am saying that it is bizarre that meat can be produced in such an industrial quantity that living creatures can be sold cheaper than common house-hold items.

McDonald's has built a hugely efficient supply chain, and they sell at a much higher volume than your typical six-pack of Charmin. I'm not saying McDs food is super quality, I'm saying it's false to simply say "It's cheap, so it's bad." Economics are complex.

Yes, and what I'm saying is that it is ethically wrong (as well as the fact it tastes gross, but that's just my opinion :P) - nutritionally it is not 'bad' depending on if you can eat it in moderation and make it to fit your calorie/health/fitness goals, the supply chain McDonald's has built up relies on destruction of the environment and rearing animals in a cruel environment. Being able to buy something so cheaply means people have expectations of rock-bottom prices which perpetuate the cycle. We already have one poster above who says that if he can't find someone to share his meal with he'll throw half of it in the bin. To me, that's pretty shocking, to throw good food away on a whim. Don't think many people will feel that way about fillet mignon, but a whole meal that costs next to nothing? Sure, it's disposable.

Sorry to that poster btw! Don't mean to pick on anyone, really, but I'm always surprised how casually food is disposed of in developed nations, and I think a lot of that has to do with how disconnected we've become with how it's produced.

Aaaaanndd... I've derailed. Sorry x1000, but it's just a topic that interests me as you can see lol

Um. No, actually.

http://americanradioworks.publicradio.org/features/mcdonalds/grandin1.html

But whatever makes you feel smug.

So terrible, industrial agriculture's role in solving wold hunger and improving animal welfare. Should definitely do something about that.