inappropriate question... but i want to know. so please no judging.. if dont like the question just

Options

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    smadaris91 wrote: »
    kecope wrote: »
    so I guess the truth is no one has the answer lol its just an enigma

Sunny Megatron did a segment about this on one of her shows. It was interesting to see the results. If I remember correctly, when compared to the same amount of time spent on a treadmill you do burn less calories than a vigorous sex session.

However, sex would be a lot more fun than the treadmill even though it's not quite the same as far as a workout.

WOW very interesting

Love how you're only taking notice of the posts you agree with OP... Why make the thread in the first place when you don't actually want advice from people?

because I want to know how many calories it burns. not if people should log it????

is there a particular language you'd prefer people to use when they answer this question? because it's been answered in English at least a dozen times now

לא מספיק כדי לכתוב אותם

:D:D:D

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Has OP gone to have a couple of hours of sex so she can eat a pizza?

She's gonna be ripped!

She needs to get a mini trampoline and tell us which one makes you swole faster.
  • HollyD2679
    HollyD2679 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/297695-how-many-calories-are-burned-during-sex/

that's where we found the most info. but idk it says the average 150lb person burns 216 calories in 45 minutes

Who has sex for 45 minutes? After 10, I've got mine - if you didn't get yours, grab a sock and some lotion.

This isn't something I'd log. And IMO the link above has a grossly overrated burn.

• HollyD2679
    HollyD2679 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why stop after "you got yours" especially if it was only 10 minutes! Have you not experienced multiples? A woman can "get hers" over and over until she and her partner can barely move anymore....and seriously what man would want to be with a woman that doesn't want to satisfy him in as many ways as possible? 45 minutes is not a marathon by any means.
  • dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I feel nauseous.

*nauseated
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I'm going in

Make sure to wear some sort of protective clothing.

Like a wetsuit.

It's a sea of insanity in there.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    dogcatac wrote: »
    I feel nauseous.

*nauseated

Get outta here Josie Grossie!
  • dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    dogcatac wrote: »
    I feel nauseous.

*nauseated

Get outta here Josie Grossie!
    lol I"M NOT JOSIE GROSSIE ANYMORE!

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    HollyD2679 wrote: »
    Why stop after "you got yours" especially if it was only 10 minutes! Have you not experienced multiples? A woman can "get hers" over and over until she and her partner can barely move anymore....and seriously what man would want to be with a woman that doesn't want to satisfy him in as many ways as possible? 45 minutes is not a marathon by any means.

Mind your business. We're good over here
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I'm going in

Make sure to wear some sort of protective clothing.

Like a wetsuit.

It's a sea of insanity in there.

Definitely something fishy going on in there
  • DinoChicken
    DinoChicken Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My friend and I call it 'boyfriend squats" I guess it just depends on what/how you "do it"
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Every time this thread comes up, this should be the standard reply:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/05/lovely-sex-tracker_n_7519630.html
  • senecarr
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    The search feature is your friend. A quick search and you'll see this topic has been asked and answered 42,855,812 times in the last month. And the answer is no.

But how are we defining "Weird/hardcore"? Asking for a friend.

idk I guess more like aggressive lol

Could you be more specific

UMM lol idk lol I don't want to get graphic and get flagged lol

This sex sounds awful

no lol nothing weird more like the fifty shades of grey

Poorly written and with a small vocabulary?

I do tend to judge a guy by the size of his vocabulary :wink:
    So you're into a guy who's a cunning linguist?

• LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    wear a heart-rate monitor and use the result as for any other aerobics,
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Is sex a good cardio workout? If it is how many calories would 30mins burn? And how many would 60mins burn?
    And the amount at different rates?
    Slower? (But NOT romantic slooww)
    fast/hardcore? (But NOT wierd hardcore)

Thanks for your answers. Sorry i didn't have any one else to ask so I'm asking MFP community.
    (Not intended to be nasty, just human curiosity, we all do it)

No.
  • COLTMUSCLE97
    COLTMUSCLE97 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The aerobic activity of sex is equivalent of walking up 2 flights of stairs at a moderate rate, which correlates to approximately 5 METs (metabolic equivalent) of exercise. Sex with a new partner generally results in increased energy expenditure.

There are health benefits of regular sexual activity. A 40% reduction of heart attack frequency has been associated with having sex at least twice a week compared to sex less than once a month.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    How long and hard are you going at it? It's funny what people say can and can't be counted, even though you're putting in just as much effort as if you were out running, or at the gym!! If I put in the effort, I'm counting it, I don't care what others have to say.

yea that's what I'm saying! of course I'm not going to be posting my daily sexual activity on here. but I know daily sexual activity makes my muscles sore, like my core muscles and my legs and back lol something has to be getting a workout to create soreness

But you had sex before you wanted to lose weight, no?

yes I had sex before I wanted to lose weight but I wasn't watching my calories or adjusting them with CICO. so the burn of the sex would have been irrelevant at that point.

That's not how it works. At all.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    The search feature is your friend. A quick search and you'll see this topic has been asked and answered 42,855,812 times in the last month. And the answer is no.

But how are we defining "Weird/hardcore"? Asking for a friend.

idk I guess more like aggressive lol

Could you be more specific

UMM lol idk lol I don't want to get graphic and get flagged lol

This sex sounds awful

no lol nothing weird more like the fifty shades of grey

Poorly written and with a small vocabulary?

I do tend to judge a guy by the size of his vocabulary :wink:
    So you're into a guy who's a cunning linguist?

^^^This made me laugh harder than it should have...

ddgdag12vne6.jpg
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    www.sexcalculator.co.uk.
  • senecarr
    Options
    The aerobic activity of sex is equivalent of walking up 2 flights of stairs at a moderate rate, which correlates to approximately 5 METs (metabolic equivalent) of exercise. Sex with a new partner generally results in increased energy expenditure.

There are health benefits of regular sexual activity. A 40% reduction of heart attack frequency has been associated with having sex at least twice a week compared to sex less than once a month.

Based on the non-exercise levels of energy involved, I'm going to say a fair chunk of that 40% is attributable just to the fact that people having sex twice a week are less socially isolated than people that have sex less than once a month.