inappropriate question... but i want to know. so please no judging.. if dont like the question just

Options
1234568»

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    smadaris91 wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    The search feature is your friend. A quick search and you'll see this topic has been asked and answered 42,855,812 times in the last month. And the answer is no.

But how are we defining "Weird/hardcore"? Asking for a friend.

idk I guess more like aggressive lol

Could you be more specific

UMM lol idk lol I don't want to get graphic and get flagged lol

This sex sounds awful

no lol nothing weird more like the fifty shades of grey

Poorly written and with a small vocabulary?

I do tend to judge a guy by the size of his vocabulary :wink:
    So you're into a guy who's a cunning linguist?

ROFL
    So glad to see this thread is still going.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    As the owner of cunninglinguists.com, I'm getting a kick out of these replies..

Seriously though, you should see peoples' reactions when I give my email address out.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Haha if you get sore from sex it might be time to hit the gym

You can tell your male lol
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/297695-how-many-calories-are-burned-during-sex/

that's where we found the most info. but idk it says the average 150lb person burns 216 calories in 45 minutes

Nah. That's bull.

It's part of daily activity, therefore included in your activity level.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Things that you can't count extra burns for and stay in a deficit: REM sleep, sex, bowel movements, eating/digesting a big meal, etc. even if you think you put more gusto into it than the average bear.

Now, this is great!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Well, we've pretty well covered the in and out of it.

Does that mean you finished early?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    kecope wrote: »
    so I guess the truth is no one has the answer lol its just an enigma

Sunny Megatron did a segment about this on one of her shows. It was interesting to see the results. If I remember correctly, when compared to the same amount of time spent on a treadmill you do burn less calories than a vigorous sex session.

However, sex would be a lot more fun than the treadmill even though it's not quite the same as far as a workout.

WOW very interesting

Love how you're only taking notice of the posts you agree with OP... Why make the thread in the first place when you don't actually want advice from people?

because I want to know how many calories it burns. not if people should log it????

Really.....doubtful it's enough calories to log, which is why it's included in your activity level already. ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Well, that pretty well covers the in and out of it. This thread is obviously past its climax and there is little need to probe further.

No one leaves until we are all done :laugh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sorry i didn't have any one else to ask so I'm asking MFP community.
    (Not intended to be nasty, just human curiosity, we all do it)
    Google is our Friend
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Well, we've pretty well covered the in and out of it.

Does that mean you finished early?

Maybe that's a little premature, but seems the subject has been well penetrated.

Don't go getting soft on us now.
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ok...stating the obvious but the more people are involved....not sure I should (or need to) finish this.
  • Charliecatesq
    Charliecatesq Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I tweeted MFP asking if i could just put sex down as 30mins of uphill biking and they wouldn't give me a straight answer
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Increased heart rate does not equal increased calorie burn
    Um... your heart is working harder, therefore burning more calories.
    Just like when you walk (as opposed to sitting still) your leg muscles are working harder & burning more calories.

The difference (in slow v. fast heart rate) isn't great, but usually that accompanies other muscular activity, which
    does burn more calories. The heart speeds up (as does breathing) to get more oxygen to those other muscles
    that are working harder.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Just like when you walk (as opposed to sitting still) your leg muscles are working harder & burning more calories.

The difference (in slow v. fast heart rate) isn't great, but usually that accompanies other muscular activity, which
    does burn more calories. The heart speeds up (as does breathing) to get more oxygen to those other muscles
    that are working harder.

except....NO.

when i watch a thrilling movie, my pulse quickens. am i burning more calories? what about when I ride a roller coaster? get pulled over by the police?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »

that are working harder.
    It still does not mean you are burning more calories.

I get nervous and my heart rate gets elevated, therefore I am burning more calories?

I start smooching my beau and my heart rate gets more elevated, therefore I am burning more calories?

I get a really fast heartbeat because of some underlying medical issue, therefore I am burning more calories?

Any working of muscles that is not actual cardio exercise is part of one's activity level. ;)
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I know it's dead, but how many calories did he burn

https://youtu.be/R5pWkKaCrUM