What did you say "NO!" to today?

Options

Replies

• Anna334
    Anna334 Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I said NO to soda :) I only treat myself to it on the weekends. Hopefully one day I won't drink it at all but for me it's a comfort drink. I know I will get there one day.
  • emily_fox
    emily_fox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I said no to an entire tray of assorted dessert "shooters" from Olive Garden.
  • JenkinsCrew04
    JenkinsCrew04 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pizza!!!
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I said NO all day to bad stuff, and then went to the church picnic tonight and ate everything. Ugh.
  • jftypes
    jftypes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Donuts!!
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake... No don't look at me, cause I'm much more interested in fitting into that bikini for my vacation B)
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I said no to the thoughts of failure and how much work I still have to do to lose these last bit of pounds that creep into my head. I said no to seeing an insurmountable obstacle. I said no to quitting. For today, I said YES to seeing the progress I have made and how my healthy choices have changed my body. I said YES to valuing myself enough to put the effort in. I said YES to allowing myself to change slowly over time.

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I said no to the thoughts of failure and how much work I still have to do to lose these last bit of pounds that creep into my head. I said no to seeing an insurmountable obstacle. I said no to quitting. For today, I said YES to seeing the progress I have made and how my healthy choices have changed my body. I said YES to valuing myself enough to put the effort in. I said YES to allowing myself to change slowly over time.

<3
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    I said no to tortilla chips with the nachos I made for dinner with family and friends, but yes to all the yummy stuff in between.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    My husband is sitting next to me eating 3...I repeat 3 donuts from the bakery. I on the other hand, have a cup of cantaloupe, 1/2 cup blueberries and Greek yogurt. I win! I use to eat those 3 donuts and not blink. Now I could not even imagine eating those.
  • beaky1980
    beaky1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Homemade Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies. Ohmygersh, those were good though.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I said, "No, I'm not driving to work today" and I opened my laptop, sat on my couch, and worked.

Food and nutrition? I said yes to everything. I don't believe in "no" when it comes to food. That's what most peoples problem is. People think dieting, or "eating right" is something different than what they do today, when all it really is is reducing the amounts. Most people don't have to change what they eat all that much. They have to change how much of it they have become accustomed to eating, which is usually ridiculously too much.

I have to respectfully differ. Most of us here have to say no to lots of things we want to eat.

If we love food and are addicted to sweets and fatty fast food that is what got us here in the first place. Of course we can have tastes of these things but we have to say no to overeating them. That is still a no. Really a hell no.

I have been eating healthy for 3 years now and I still have those emotional cravings for comfort food and chocolate. But I cannot give in to the volume of those that would lead me to be out of control. I never have as much as I would like of these foods.

I just know that saying no to large portions is great for my health and fitness. That is still a NO. We just cannot eat all we want. Maybe you don't have the same problem I do.

And I am not dieting. I am eating healthy and will have to log forever if I don't want to overeat. Just a new lifestyle.
  • Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I passed by some Ben and Jerry's cinnamon bun ice cream--soooo delicious!
    But I was busy shopping for vegetabes, beef, and chicken. so I opted not to get any.
  • sheafferlynn
    sheafferlynn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Today I said no to the Cheesecake Factory even though I was given a $25 gift certificate to it
  • Braydensmommy415
    Braydensmommy415 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I said no to having a bite (which would have turned into another bite) of a Starbucks chocolate chip cookie that I I got for my son while getting my coffee this morning.
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    I said no to having a bite (which would have turned into another bite) of a Starbucks chocolate chip cookie that I I got for my son while getting my coffee this morning.

That is a really big deal. That first bite may be almost nothing, but it can lead to over-doing it so fast. Good for you!
  • mrsdrshot
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • mrsdrshot
    Options

I have to respectfully differ. Most of us here have to say no to lots of things we want to eat.

If we love food and are addicted to sweets and fatty fast food that is what got us here in the first place. Of course we can have tastes of these things but we have to say no to overeating them. That is still a no. Really a hell no.

I have been eating healthy for 3 years now and I still have those emotional cravings for comfort food and chocolate. But I cannot give in to the volume of those that would lead me to be out of control. I never have as much as I would like of these foods.

I just know that saying no to large portions is great for my health and fitness. That is still a NO. We just cannot eat all we want. Maybe you don't have the same problem I do.

And I am not dieting. I am eating healthy and will have to log forever if I don't want to overeat. Just a new lifestyle.

I totally agree with this. While I'm not officially taking any food off the table - per se - I also know that if I say YES to certain trigger foods, absolutely no good will come of it. This might sound overboard, but for me there are certain things that would trigger just like a severe alcoholic having a drink. We all have to know our own limitations and that comes through trial and error.

I look at logging forever and heave a heavy sigh, but I know that it's the only way I'll stay accountable. And staying accountable is the only way for me to be healthy (at this point.) Maybe some day I'll be strong enough and have changed enough to never go back to how I used to eat, but honestly I'm not holding my breath.
  • NeonStrikeVi
    NeonStrikeVi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I said no to a takeaway which would've consisted of a large pizza, large portion of chips and two cans of sugary drinks. Had a protein shake instead, saved £10 and (I believe) way over 1500 calories! Joined this site and reading some of the stories motivated me not to order out :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Breakfast