What did you say "NO!" to today?

Options

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Making a key lime cheesecake. Almost did it. I'm safe now.
  • timhoffg
    timhoffg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I said no to having a slice of toast with butter at breakfast. I wasn't actually even hungry, it just got into my mind for a while.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Having a drink at the bar
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Food wise. Nothing really, I know for some being restrictive works for them but for me I found the road to be rather sucky. Otherwise I been no to alcohol for a month because I felt it was starting to become a problem. Life is short, so I'm going to enjoy it.
  • FitLeahBee
    FitLeahBee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I said no to getting the pricey sushi nearby, I said no to take-out pizza online late at night, but i couldn't ignore my hunger. I ate around 1400 calories (roughly 60 calories under my daily calorie goal) but my obsession over eating something RIGHT AWAY was honestly keeping me up in my bed. I didn't work out at all but I didn't eat alot of "solid" food, and I think that is where my problem with late-night hunger lies. So I said yes to eating, but I didn't go crazy. I ate an organic can of chicken soup (healthy all around) and it was about 160 calories. Im not obsessing over eating food anymore, I feel satisfied and I can actually fall asleep now.
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I said no to skipping my morning break workout of walking the stairs at work. Mental battle on that one every day but so far I'm winning. I also said no to a Bacon and Egg English muffin from McDonald's this morning. The reminder of how bloated I get after greasy food like that, the extra change in my pocket and subsequent calories I can eat later kept me on track. Every day there are struggles and I'm proud to say I'm doing well so far. Even got bacon, DQ cone and beer this week. I am being less restrictive while still staying within my counts!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    sugar and cigarettes
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I said no and keep saying no as I walk by the brownies left over from our open house at work. Just isn't worth it.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Last night.... Ice cream. I watched my husband enjoy a vanilla cone. I had a glass of ice water and the craving subsided. Thankfully. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I didn't say no to deez nuts!
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I had enough calories for Del Taco for dinner (it was a hard day) but found I had miscalculated and couldn't eat all I wanted to. But, I found I'd had enough and am not even interested in the "extra" I thought I should have.
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Making a key lime cheesecake. Almost did it. I'm safe now.

I have a box brownie mix on the counter I keep looking at. My family wants them!
  • jenlo1971
    jenlo1971 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I said no to the homemade Italian cream cupcake that one of my group members brought in. I also said no to the chili cheese Fritos that are like 180 calories for 11 very small chips.
  • CactusFlower527
    CactusFlower527 Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I said NO to buying a bag of Halloween candy (chocolate) today while @ Sam's club. You know, ,I don't really limit myself to what I can eat, just watch portions and count the calories and sometimes have decisions to make. I have done weight loss and dieting in the past and have learned that depriving yourself of what you love, is setting yourself up for failure! The changes you make need to be something you can stick with for life, right?

If you all haven't tried the powdered peanut butter, you must. (You can spoon it into smoothies or mix it with water to make actual PB!) Tastes yummy. 55 calories for 2 TB and only 1.5 grams of fat.... great on celery, apples, a few crackers.. or whatever. You can get a huge tub of it (called PBFit) at Sam's club for $10. A PB lovers paradise.
  • CactusFlower527
    CactusFlower527 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mrsdrshot wrote: »
    I said no to the chicken pillows I made for my kids for dinner (chicken, cream cheese and spices wrapped in dough and baked) and yes to just the chicken, broccoli and a little mexican bean salad.

Try making a lighter version of the chicken pillows for yourself using wonton wraps :)
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    Wonton wrap chicken pillows? Genius!
  • mrsdrshot
    Options
    I said NO to buying a bag of Halloween candy (chocolate) today while @ Sam's club. You know, ,I don't really limit myself to what I can eat, just watch portions and count the calories and sometimes have decisions to make. I have done weight loss and dieting in the past and have learned that depriving yourself of what you love, is setting yourself up for failure! The changes you make need to be something you can stick with for life, right?

If you all haven't tried the powdered peanut butter, you must. (You can spoon it into smoothies or mix it with water to make actual PB!) Tastes yummy. 55 calories for 2 TB and only 1.5 grams of fat.... great on celery, apples, a few crackers.. or whatever. You can get a huge tub of it (called PBFit) at Sam's club for $10. A PB lovers paradise.

I use PB2, and it's also fantastic. Just bought a big jar of it at Costco for the same price (about $5.50) as I'd been paying for a small one at the grocery store. Twice as much!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I said NO to eating the food I brought to work too fast. I wanted my buffalo jerky stick right after my other snack, but I saved it for noon, and then ate my main entrée (homemade oven-roasted potato, parsnip & carrots w/ herbs and olive oil) for a late lunch around 2. Now I know I can wait til 6-ish before I'm hungry again so that after dinner, I'll be less tempted to eat again before bed. For me, it's the timing. If I eat too much too quickly I run out of calories at the end of the day, but then I don't care & overeat anyways. But today I WILL be successful!
    Edited for spelling.
  • AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I said no to arby's!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Movie theatre junk food crap.

I came prepared with my own sugar free bubblegum, popchips and diet coke instead.