WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Finally, I think I highlighted the correct star. DUH!

Well, ignore my previous post then. LOL! It is a hard little bugger to see. And there is another one. As a matter of fact, it is that other one that you hit to find us again, once you've changed the tiny one to yellow.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Just sending hugs!
    Sciatica pain hasn`t gotten better.Anyone else have this?any suggestions.Dr was like deal with it,it will get better.
    jane
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

MNMargaret, I figured it was a term for a very nice day but just not sure. Thanks.

Nancy, isn’t it really irritating when a service man is just too lazy to do something like unlock a door!! Grrrrr You wonder how he would feel if someone treated his wife or mother that way. Way to go on the cleaning. I know you will feel better.

Sylvia, get in that studio and clean a spot for the girls to make a new mess. bleh.gif That is nice of you to let them do that.

Katla, what a bummer about the bone density, but equally as bad that your doc is gone the rest of the month?? Must be nice.

Pip, hey, I heard you really like dusting???? Wanna come to my house and dust??? You are too funny!!

Sharon0661, welcome. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. Also please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. This is a great place for support so come often.

Heather, about the people getting together, I’m jealous, too!!! Don’t you wish we could all meet up?

Sandi, what in the world happened? Did you have a roof leak? Bless your heart, as we say down South.angel.gif

Pip, I swear, I don’t know how you get those three to sit so nice for a picture? But I love it.

Teri, I don’t know what you are talking about, sounding bossy? I don’t see anything that sounds bossy. You just keep on keeping on, gurl. BIG (((((Hugs)))))

Linda, thanks for the Windows 10 info. smiley-computer002.gif Please keep me informed as you learn anything new about it.

Vicki, welcome back. Read fast if you want to keep up, otherwise just start where we are. smiley-computer004.gif

Heather, very interesting email from DDIL. It is interesting that she “knew” it was going to be something stressful. I’m not even so sure it will be that stressful as much as informational. I know he will be very concerned for you and what you went through but like you said, you aren’t ready to release the book. I hope DGS doesn’t start to smell. Lol

Jane, I feel for you. I have suffered from sciatica over the years. Don’t you just feel like you need to pop your hip to make it go away? Sometimes a Chiropractor can do an adjustment that helps. Feel better soon.

Gosh there seems to be a lot of frustration today. Is there a full moon? Hopefully tomorrow will be better for everyone.

I hope you each to have the best day possible. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:18,000 steps
    three hours of dog walking
    almost an hour on the exercise bike
    a nap with hubby and the pets
    smiley-happy032.gif Sending hugs to all of you with frustrations about appliances, family members, doctors, whatever else....it got to late to comment individually but in keeping with "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good", I'll post a little rather than kick myself for not being able to send a sweet personal message to each of you.

smiley-happy032.gifKatla, I am overdue at getting another bone density scan after the last one showed a loss....it is my way of coping--just ignore the whole thing--there is probably a better solution but I am very resistant to prescription medications.

smiley-happy032.gifI had a visit today from my friend who has lost over 100 pounds in spite of coping with her husband's aggressive cancer diagnosis and her recent knee replacement. She was wearing an outfit that she bought at the thrift shop that fit her instead of being her old size baggy clothes and she looked great.

smiley-sleep012.gif Jake and the dogs and cat are already in bed so I'm just checking in and then finishing my lengthy tooth care routine and heading for bed, too.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,362 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a cardio machine melter workout on the stationary bike. Basically, it's speed changes. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class. Yea, this will be the first day the instructor that I liked will be back.

Exercised then came home and cut the grass. I kicked one of the landscape lights and broke it, Vince had to replace it. Then vacuumed out the spa and the steps, we'll probably put Rover in the pool tomorrow to clean it. Tonight is Mexican Train.

DJ - what a great haircut! Great outfit, too. Love the colors

Welcome everyone new!

Janet OKC - I have a hard time throwing out food, also. But it doesn't bother me to put it away to donate to the soup kitchen. Have you heard any more about BIL?

Mary from MN - yup, the gal repainted the top of the ladybug and I don't know what happened, but that layer of paint really started to chip off. I suspect it wasn't meant to be out in the sun. Anyway, I also suspect part of the reason it came out streaky was because I probably didn't put the paint on thick enough. At the time I was using the blowdryer to dry the ceramic piece between paintings. Now I put the paint on thick and let it air dry so I know that it's completely dry. So we shall see how this works out.

katla - I'm sure your bones are great

Sylvia - I, too, can't imagine how you must feel when you hear your son talk about dying and know that it's imminent. You are one strong lady

Rori - roared at the cat's map

Gayle - solve the problem of having to move between the cats and dogs. We just have a king size bed....lol

Joyce - glad to hear Charlie's infusion went well. So sorry about your friend

Nancy in TX - I know what you'll be doing as soon as you get that washer uopened (washing those clothes!). Hope you get a new recliner real soon (((HUGS))))

Heather - I'd say that a trip with you would be anything BUT boring

Lisa - sometimes I can find high waisted pants. Try finding pants that aren't skinny jeans. I can't wear skinny jeans, so I have a heck of a time finding jeans. Are there any cooking schools near you? Sometimes a student will be looking for work. I usually don't tuck my shirts in mainly because I don't like the looks of my stomach hanging out

Lenora - hope that lump is nothing serious. Keep us informed. I see Margaret Turk answered your question. I knew sometone would. Are you SURE you're clicking on the right star? Sometimes I have to look twice to be sure that I am. It isn't the star by the bell and numbers. It's by itself

katla - so sorry you had to drive all that way to the doctors only not to see anyone. How frustrating!

Heather - you're right. Actually, I go Thurs to get an injection of Prolia for my osteoporosis.

Went to Mexican Train. Had mostly the cherries I brought, some of the marinated vegetable salad I brought, some bean salad, a small (like 1/2 of a piece) of a sandwich (which really wasn't good to me, why do I do this? Next time I'll remember and not have any), a small piece of this hamburger rollup thing, a skewer that had a marachino cherry, a pineapple chunk and 2 cubes of cheese on it. Really, the hamburger thing wasn't good at all, why do I do this? Maybe as a reminder that next time I shouldn't take any of this type of thing.

terri - here a big hug for you ((((HUGS)))))

charmed4u - (((HUG))))

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    STATS FOR THE DAY:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.38min, 16.7amph, 2.9mi = 102c
    spin- 35min, 79ar, 102aw, 11-15g, 13.6mi = 270c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.34min, 12.3amph, 1.3mi = 68c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.52min, 8.9amph, 2.4mi WINDY! = 196c
    636 cal total
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Just bought the GE compact stacking washer & dryer 2-1/2 MONTHS ago. Researched and read many reviews before purchasing. This set was very expensive. Purchased from the new Nebraska Furniture Mart in TX, which has been fabulous. also purchased a 4 yr. extended protection plan on both w&d from NFM.

Unfortunately, must deal with GE on repair since it's covered under 1 year manufacturer warranty. They are absolutely HORRIBLE!!!

I'm VERY upset that the GE Repair guy REFUSED to do an emergency door unlock yesterday because he's too damn lazy and doesn't give a crap that my clothes are being ruined. Today, GE confirmed that the emergency door unlock is a very simple procedure. I have very few clothes that I can wear to work right now. As a result, I've had to wear clothes to work that are too casual.

My clothes are WET and have been locked inside the broken washer for 1 week now. GE repair guy is not scheduled to come back until Monday, Aug. 10. So my WET clothes will have been locked in there for 2 weeks!

Called GE Repair service line again at 5:30 pm local. But was told to wait until Dispatch called tonight--or the repair guy arrived. He NEVER showed up! NFM website is not working. At this point, I just want my clothes unlocked and am seriously wanting a REFUND. Definitely calling GE Repair AGAIN first thing in the morning. Grrr!

It takes a great deal to make me cry and this has really done it. Cried my eyes out over the anger and frustration.

Any other ideas? Please HELP!!! Thank you, Nancy in FW, TX

leave a boss *kitten* negative comment on Yelp and Facebook if they have a page and let them know you did
  • pipcd34
    Options
    boy have i gotta story to tell u tomorrow, i'm too pooped right now, gonna go to bed
  • 4mam
    4mam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so enjoying these posts. I feel at home reading about the frustrations of websites (finding the star at the right of the page), sciatica ( try massage), worries about grown kids, illnesses and cats and dogs in bed. Loved the drawing of a cat designated spots and ownership of human bed.
    Night all. Sleep well.
    MA from the Catskills in NY
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    Options
    Lenora I see you found it. I e-mailed you before I read that you had found the star. I agree it is easy to overlook it. It still takes me a while to get used to it. Now I have a g-mail account and they use a star to bookmark sites, so it should get easier for me to remember one would think. LOL
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yay! Finally caught up on all of the posts.

Just a quick note before heading to bed to say I'm praying for those with troubles with family and cheering for those that have had success in July and and for all of us that are going forward into August.

Got to get the dogs out between the thunderstorms we're having tonight. Quiet right now but just finished a major downpour and another expected within the hour.

Tina in MD
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Yoohoo! DS has a place to live! It is a house in the country, 22 miles from work - a little further than he wanted to commute, but it is very, very private. The last tenant left the place in a mess. There are things that need to be carted to the dump, oven cleaned, whole 9 yards. He negotiated immediate possession, September rent paid in advance, with no August rent due in exchange for cleaning it ourselves. The landlady is currently caring for her stepmother 24-7 (dementia and final stages of cancer) and doesn't have time to take care of it, she jumped on the deal. My mother and I are going to do most of the cleaning. DS will haul the stuff to the dump and take care of the yard. Ex: they left a mattress on the living room floor. There is a ton of potential for cuteness. It has two bedrooms, two baths, living room, laundry roo, kitchen and pantry. Huge front and back porches the length of the house. I'll post a pic of the outside and take before and after of the inside after we get the power turned on. nrx8kr31ylnb.jpg
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Skimming along here.

Nancy ... Others have given you great suggestions... I'll just give you a hug!

Pip ... Continue to heal. You know yourself best!

Rori ... Son's musical talent comes from his paternal grandfather who played 13 different instruments and made is living for awhile in the early 50s with a touring band. Neither I nor my husband are gifted that way.

YannieJannie ... My DH 's sister and her husband live in painted post just outside of Corning ... BIL was a patent lawyer for them ... He grew up in Watkins glen and even raced there for awhile!

DJ ... Love putting a face to a name. You look as amazing as I thought you would!

Younger son will be a senior this year ... Not quite 18 ... And has been looking for a part time job. Spent an inordinate amount of time online filling out an application and taking a virtual "job test" ... Good grief! The questions were incredibly confusing. I realize there's some psychology behind the questions, but we really had no idea where they were going. He wants a part time job stocking shelves ... Not responsibility for corporate success! And this is somehow easier than talking to a kid!

Well, we have been horrible here with our eating plans. Son has appointment with weight loss doc and hasn't lost anything in a month. But we're going. He plans to fess up and start over.

A sad day today ... Church members son died ... Leukemia .... Only 20 yrs old. He had been doing well too ... Just got up this morning and then dropped ... Paramedics unable to resuscitate.

Sigh.

Beth in WNY

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Michele - Thanks for inquiring about my BiL. I don't know if you saw the post earlier today, but I have not heard anything since then. No one has even confirmed that my sis actually went home yesterday, they just said she was "supposed" to. Ugh, Its just frustrating.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited August 2015
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    boy have i gotta story to tell u tomorrow, i'm too pooped right now, gonna go to bed

Pip, you are such a TEASE!!! Tell us early in the day so I don't have to be in suspense :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited August 2015
    Options
    mamalkine wrote: »
    I'm so enjoying these posts. I feel at home reading about the frustrations of websites (finding the star at the right of the page), sciatica ( try massage), worries about grown kids, illnesses and cats and dogs in bed. Loved the drawing of a cat designated spots and ownership of human bed.
    Night all. Sleep well.
    MA from the Catskills in NY

MA - We're here for your entertainment :) Well that and support and encouragement and listening and shoulders to cry on and a safe place to vent......whatever you need. Jump in and let us know about your day when you feel comfortable. Glad you have joined us.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Drkatiebug - The house is terrific. I wanna live there. Away from EVERYTHING. Maybe I could just come and sit and rock on the front porch when your DS is at work. Ha! So glad you found it.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I apologize in advance because I am just going to vent today. I read all the posts since my last one last night and my heart goes out to everyone. Seems like we are having a bad day today.

You know I have been really trying to up the amp on my exercise. I am so sore and so tired, I just couldn't do much today. I tried to see if riding my recumbent bike here at home would work instead of my walking through every commercial. It was still quite an effort so I reduced the resistance level to 0 and that did help. My day started out with us getting up at 7:45 AM. For those of you here that know me well enough know that that is way early for me. You notice I put AM because many times it is PM before we get up but we go to bed around 2 or 3.I did try to get in bed earlier last night but because of all the walking I do by the time I go to bed, it takes my muscles and my feet to relax so I can get to sleep.And my precious Melatonin hasn't been my wonderful friend this week. So I am so physically, mentally and emotionally tired. Well this Mr. Tree removal man was supposed to be here at 8. When he had not arrived by 8:30, I called him, He called back about 15 minutes later and told me they were having some equipment problems and were trying to order the part. If it came in this morning he would be over as quickly as he could, if not it would be tomorrow morning. So I watched so you think you can dance from my DVR then got ready to go to the funeral home. That brought on another huge set of emotions. Mom and this lady were Sunday School teachers in the same class for years, the same for Bible School. They both had cancer, both went to the same VNA inpatient hospice and died there. They were even in the same room. Although it was wonderful to see her kids, especially the girls, it brought back so many memories of my childhood. I have never been hugged as tight as I was with these 3 girls at a funeral home as I was today. The Dad is just emotionally drained. They were married for 62 years and were almost as god as my own parents. I sent a face book request to one of them last night and it was accepted so today I spent a lot of time looking through her pictures, looking at all her friends to see if she had any of the people from that church I might want to send a request to. Her Mom was on facebook and I never even knew that. I just cried to think of all those years I could have been in contact with and never did. Yes, I had her phone number. I was the one who called them so they could pass it around their church to let them know that Mom was so sick and had just days left. But I didn't. I didn't take any second out of my boring life to call a good friend.

I have been sneezing all evening and have a HUGE pounding headache. My blood pressure isn't to bad so I know it isn't that.Could be exhaustion, stress, stewing about not loosing any weight, stewing about all this stuff we have going on trying to do some much needed work at home, Charlie not budging an inch about a professional painter instead of a handyman. And now this comes up that this guy today didn't even have the professionalism to call his client and say he was running late and may not make it. I called him this evening to ask him to let us know if he was coming tomorrow. It has rained tonight, not a whole lot and Charlie is worried about his equipment ruining our yard if the ground is really soggy from the rain. All I can remember is the guy who we contracted to do our family room complete remodel. He was late the first day without a call. He did a terrible job and is now in prison for fraud. so is this guy going to be just like that other guy?

I can't believe it's a little after 11:00 PM and I'm ready to go to bed. It's been many a year since that happened. Well it did at Disney World but that is an exhausting place. Love you guys. You guys help me get through each day. So sorry I didn't comment on anyone's pot for today.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    SHE'S Here!!! My new little granddaughter came into the world last night, we are going to see her tomorrow and then I can post a picture for everyone.

Pip - Your dogs look so lovely. My dog got into trouble with something yesterday. Very possibly the coyotes, they were chirping off and on all night and maybe Hemi thought he should protect the chocolate lab.... He has several scratches on him and he was very lethargic, much better today ... he followed me everywhere I went instead of just watching from the deck or the front step.

Must go to bed ...very tired and it will be a long day tomorrow

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Happy August,

I've been out of town for the last couple of weeks and I'm only back in town for a couple of days and then away again for a bit. Unfortunately when I'm away I only have access to dial-up so I only manage to log in to keep my streak going and sometimes that is nip and tuck. I'll post my goals for August when I get back into town for more than a day at a time.

Wishing you all a successful month,
    Carey-Edmonton