WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Replies

• Charm4u76132
    Charm4u76132 Posts: 94 Member
    Very relieved and happy to report. I have NOT gained any weight, as feared. Got brave and made myself weight this am. Have not been tracking or walking due to all the stress. Just did the best I can during the past month. Tried to eat healthy, but had a few indulgences.

This am, cleaned out the frig. Had made a grocery list last night and pre-planned meals for today. Lots of lean protein and healthy, low GI veggies. During lunch break, I ran to Super Target to do a quick return and then bought groceries. Made myself eat the few remaining left overs. Asian salad with broccoli and lean grilled chicken. 1 Tbsp. Maple Grove fat-free, sugar-free dressing (5 calories). Decaf iced tea w/stevia. Yum!

Have a Thrilling Thursday, All! - Nancy in FW, TX
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited August 2015
    Happy Thursday ! ! !

DS and DH are at a Brewers game wearing Padres hats; my little rebels. Tonight I have a going away party for one of the doctors that is getting "her own" Quad Clinic. I will drink 1 lemonade then head for home (no food at party, just salad when I get home).

Sylvia – Hubba Hubba ! ! !

Tina – what the heck is that? An Alligator?

Allison – More Hugs ! ! ! // And prayers. I hope you can keep it all in Gods hands.

Mia – Welcome back. Savor the relaxation, and keep those shoulders as loose as possible. You deserve it !

Pip – You crack me up !

Jane – Hugs for Nathan and all his loved-ones.

Mary – Great pictures ! ! ! Thanks for sharing.

GAW - so sorry about your ankle. I hope it heals quickly for you. It's lonely and scary to be home alone and unable to walk. Hugs ! ! !

The first Cream Puff of the season was NOT savored. Now that I had my first ½, I will savor the rest.

I also plan on walking back to my car after the party. It is in "The Pub", which is about 1/2 mile up the hill from my office. I've never been there so someone is giving me a ride, but the walk back should help with that 1/2 cream puff.

Lots to get done at work again today, so I'll try to check in tonight when I get home. I have a cartoon I tried to post last night that didn't work, so I'll try again (about housekeeping, my worst subject).

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee (where the lion is back, but no one is sure where).
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Lisa from West Texas – My airplane reading for the flight out to Seattle was “This Little Pig”. It was an enjoyable read and I look forward to the next book with Flak in it. “She’s Thinking Out Loud” was the light reading for the return trip home. Laugh out loud funny in places. Fortunately I had friendly seatmates who didn’t mind the maniacal giggling. I would love to meet you in person so that I can hear your voice when I read the next 2 books. As it is, I have a “Lisa” voice in my head as I read and I’m plain nosy to discover if it matches reality.

Heather – I also have “Windows” on my Kindle, but didn’t have time to read it on this trip. That one is next up in my book lineup.

Miriam – I was not a neglected baby or child. However, my mom frequently told me that my first sentence was “I can do it myself!” Apparently that was to become my mantra for the remainder of my life. I have a very hard time remembering that I have many people in my life who would love to give me a helping hand if I would just ask.

Mia in MI

August goals:
    Continue to honestly log food every day
    Continue to meet PT one day a week for strength training
    Get at least one hour a week of aerobic exercise
    Stop Iced Tea overload. 16 oz. iced tea daily plus 48 oz. water

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2015
    Mary from MN - Wowzers. I'm quite sure my naked bones are bigger than that!!!. You look fabulous and what fun in Vegas. Thanks for sharing your pics.
  • janetr7476
    Nancy Ft Worth - good going, gal. Way to plan and take positive steps to move forward with your goals. Proud of you. One day at a time. Hang in there. :)
  • janetr7476
    Mia in MI - kindred spirits. I've always been very "do it myself" also. I'm sure this is much of what has contributed to me being married three times. In my old age I'm much more likely to welcome help.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    w332aijpn985.jpg

Wow! You have transformed yourself. WTG!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Did an hour of Jari Love's Ripped to the Core DVD today. Haven't done that one in a while and I was surprised how much I felt it. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD by Kathe Friedrich her Hard Core Series Low Max.

Tina - that pic gives me the willies. OMG

Welcome everyone new

Lisa - you sure are one powerhouse not to be fooled with. I hand it to you

Toni - you guys went to lunch!!! Where are the pics????? If there are none this month, there'd better be some next month!!! That's all I can say! Like those eating utensils

Totally forgot to mention my mini-NSV yestrday. As I was at the deep water class, my floation belt kept turning over and riding up my back. Turns out that I needed to tighten it! This is my own belt, so I know that the thightness is the same all the time. Now, I suppose its possible that the belt stretched over time.

DJ - Rummikub is a tile game. You can either make runs of the same color with the number 1, 2, 3, etc to 13 or you can make a set of, say, four 1's in different colors. The nice (to me anyway) part is that its not something that you really need to concentrate on. If it were me, I'd probably scrape off the salt and pepper, too. Throwing out food is the only reasonable answer for me. Then again, I haven't bought any ice cream for myself this entire summer. I use frozen grapes.

Alison - I agree with Chris. I've heard so many good things about the fitbit customer service. I know that someone on here got one replaced for them that they'd lost.

Yvonne in TX - so sorry you spent so much time in the ER. Have a great weekend

pip - Floyd looks so cool, thanks for sharing and putting a smile on my face (many times, I might add)

Well, we got a new runner and matching small rug for in front of the refrigerator. Threw the old one out. It had worn to the point where the backing was showing thru. Vince sprayed it with Scotch Guard, cleaned the floors REAL WELL, did vacuuming. Tomorrow Nancie has asked me to take her to Charlotte for an eye checkup. I admit I did tell her at her last appt that if she needed me to I would be glad to take her. Honestly, I didn't think she'd take me up on it since it has been a few weeks since the surgery. But she was honest and asked me to take her mainly because of the finances (money needing to spend to drive to Charlotte). I don't think I'm going to offer again. I realize that she's struggling financially, but to my way of thinking some of it is her own doing. Her father is a neurosurgeon, I know that she went to a pretty elite private high school. I'm sure her father could have and probably would have afforded to send her to a college to get a good degree, but I think she chose not to go that route. If the only place she can go for her eyes is the place in Charlotte that accepts the Obamacare, that's probably something that she needs to deal with herself

g - if I were you, I'd go to the ER with your ankle, or at least an orthopaedist who will probably x-ray it. Then you'll know what you're dealing with

Mary - you look so trim in those shorts. You hubby sure is a cutiepie. ohhhh...that ice cream! Impressive lifting numbers. I could never wear the short shorts, they need to be about 5: from the crotch. I just don't feel comfortable in short shorts.

Michele in NC

why am I having so much trouble uploading my pic of the bisq duck? It doesn't seem to want to upload for me.

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Mary, you look fantastic! I haven't worn shorts that short since high school. How did you get started in the Stronglift thing? I must check into that.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member

terri_mom - that's what i was thinking, an alligator????

well kids. today I go to Costco to pick up some pain med that SHOULD be there, they are tramadol, I will let u know if they are worth anything.

• terri_mom
    Pip - Good luck with the tramadol. 1/2 puts me to sleep, but I'm such a lightweight with medications that 1 benedryl puts me to sleep. You deserve relief and a good night. I look forward to hearing the results.

We were going to leave "on time" tonight for the party, but a lady whom has threatened me in the past just called, so I can't be left alone now. Stupid (but caution is good).

DS and DH are on their way home after the baseball game. I guess front row wasn't enough to catch a game ball today.

Tomorrow we start getting ready for bowling season. No rest for the wicked.

Terri
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Mary, you look fantastic! I haven't worn shorts that short since high school. How did you get started in the Stronglift thing? I must check into that.

Sylvia - thanks! I found a couple of threads on MFP about heavy lifting. It showed pictures of the results. The people also told how they did it. Most of them mentioned strong lift 5X5. I googled strong lift 5X5 and downloaded the app. I have been faithfully lifting since March 2. I do it every other day. I started very light with just a 12.5 pound bar for the squat, overhead lift, bench press. I put on a 5 pound plate on each side of the bar which made it 17.5 pounds for the dead lift and the barbell row. I just added the sumo squats which works on where your legs meet your hips on the outside. Those are supposed to give you a serious butt lift. I am not getting bigger only tighter. so I am still losing inches. I have not weighed myself in a long time. I can eat a lot more. I do still try to stay with in 1460 calories and eating back about 200 calories. I do however go over 2000 on Occasion. I did not buy that huge chocolate bar LOL although I seriously thought of jumping on that chocolate statue! I love lifting. I only have to exercise 3 to 4 hours a week instead of 21 to 24 hours. I have so much extra time now to do other things.

Mary from Minnesota
  • panamakelly
    panamakelly Posts: 4 Member
    Hi my name is Kelly and I am 52 years old. live a very active life. I go to the gym about 6 days a week. weight training.
    So far i lost 21 lbs. Began this journey since march. I was 180 lbs now I am 159 lbs. feel very good.
    My goals for August are:
    to continue to work out 6 days a week including cardio.
    Planning healthier meals to achieve my goals.
    To complete T- 25 workout ( 3 months) Alternating with the Brazilian Butt video. (both videos are awesome)
    To go every other weekend kayaking something I do love to do. Calm waters by the way.
    learn more about nutrition.
    To try something new.

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited August 2015
    sorry, duplicate post.

• janetr7476
    edited August 2015
    Pip/Terri - Hubby said it's a crocodile. He worked for Forest Service in Florida many years a go. He grew up in FL.

Janetr OKC
  • terri_mom
    Yikes on that crocodile.
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Mary you look amazing. I enjoyed Vegas when I visited in June.
    Nancy- find out who above them you can call. Ask for a supervisor. Stay calm and state what happen and what you expect to happen and your expectations. Or can you return it and get a new one. This is in unacceptable in customer service. Is it possible for you to record the conversation to have their commitments to report to the supervisors.
    Terri- I grew up going to Padre games. I am from San Diego
    My husband just came home and I am going to try a get an apt with my clinic. Just called tomorrow at 4 pm. I hope it feels better and I can canx the appt.
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Oh and welcome to everyone. I took a pain med and kind of flying
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Mary, you look fabulous!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    edited August 2015
    Gawworthington/Miriam - thanks! Still a long way to go. Anything is possible with the help and support of everyone here!

Mary from Minnesota