WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Grits! I'm so sorry you had a wreck. I missed that post completely. What page was it on?

Hubby starts classes on Monday and today he finds himself getting sick. It never fails that he gets sick on the first day of class. Poor baby. I think it must be psychosomatic. So, we aren't going to the lake this weekend. We drove out there tonight just to check on the cabin and water the plants. I can hear him getting worse. It's just a cold, I think. I need to go buy more Kleenex.

My older dog, Molly the whippet, seems to be changing her personality. She is normally very aloof, at least toward me, but lately she's been a little clingy, wanting me to pet her more and coming to greet me at the door. I wonder if she's not feeling good, because the only time she wants to be with me is when she's scared or hurt. She's a daddy's girl. But she's been getting up on the table lately too, which she hasn't done in years. Second childhood? She's about 9 years old and physically in very good condition. But maybe I'll have the vet take a look. She's just not herself.

Well, hubby turned off the tv, so he must be really sick. I'd better see to him. Good night everyone.

Sylvia
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Good night everyone .... I am pooped...that little granddaughter ran me ragged...ha ha !!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, has anyone heard from our friend that was visiting her family in New Hampshire and then going home to Northern Denmark (I believe, can't remember for sure). She had the gorgeous gold high heels on when she and her husband attended a State dinner. She posted pictures of her garden and her beautiful mountain and water. I can't remember her name just now, but I keep thinking of her and forgetting to ask if any one has heard from her.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Becca - you put a smile on my face with every post. I'd love to be close enough to you to pal around. You could teach me to swim :) Keep up the good work and I'm so thankful for your participation and quick wit.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Lagopus - Did you make it back home safe and sound? I've been thinking about you and wondering if all is well. Please let us know you are ok. I'm sure you're worn out.

Janetr OKC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    B.u.m.p.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    lisa, hope you can have a peaceful weekend and go back to work on Monday feeling refreshed.

Moira, I was in a plateua for close to a year. So, so irritating. I finally gave myself a good talking to, along with some rather pushy friends :p<3 here and started watching what I ate a little closer, No, a lot closer.Plus I tried to up my exercise. So this week I finally lost 4 pounds. I just hope it doesn't stagnate again. As far as 'finding' your way home again each time you come. I believe it is in the general category of motivation. Go there and find this forum. You need to bookmark us. To do that there is a grey star at far right side of your screen right next to all the numbers. Click on that and it will then turn yellow/gold. You have now bookmarked the forum. So the next time you want to come to the forum, at the very top of the MFP page on the blue line you will see 'community'. Click on that and on the the far right side is a bell, a bunch of numbers, a star and the tool sign. Click on the star and it brings up all your bookmarked pages. if you are like me you only have one thing bookmarked. Click on this groups name and there we are! You are here. Barbie puts a ling to the next months page on the last day of the month. Just click on that link and bookmark that page. Your computer or tablet should take you directly to the last time you posted. If you want to read and not post, just do like Pip does all the time. Make a post with any character, she uses a period, and enter.

terri, I thought hemma was a stain on the skin that stayed there a couple of weeks. Yours look like it has dimension to it like yummy cake icing.

Sylvia, after us seeing the wonderful poster you made of the classrooms pottery they made in your studio, I ca see why you were 'elected' to do all that work. You are good, creative and you get the job done.

MNMargaret, that doily is just exquisite! Is that red 'bow; in the middle part of the doily or added just for fun for framing it. The whole effect is stunning.

terri, our waiter at Bone Fish grill told us that they are doing a big push on coupons right now. They encouraged me to check their website frequently because they always have at least a $10 coupon and sometimes it is more. You are such a great Mom. He is spreading his wings but he still knows that Momma Bird is still close by and it is a comfort to him that he can always fall back on your guidelines. Then when he is old enough to really leave the nest, he will be a much more confident and responsible adult.

Miriam, I think we have had about 5 Honda's in our 43 years of marriage. And we have loved every one of them. But they have priced themselves out of our budget right now.

DJ, we have always said that a waiters job is not over until the patron gets their check and if you pay him/her, that payment has been made. So may times you go in, have great very attentive service until it's time to get that check. Where we eat, it isn't the norm to sit around and get a glass of wine or even a cup of coffee and talk. We want to eat, pay and leave.

Katla, I looked up apicture of your boat. Quite a beauty! So it sleeps two? WE have a friend, one of Charlies Karaoke buddies, that has a really nice boat, not a sail boat. During the summer time he and his wife go out Friday and stay 24/7 until Monday morning.

Cheri, I can't imagine living somewhere that you don't need to have a car.

Melinda, I am one of those Fitbit users but I only have a couple of friends from here as buddies on it. HINT! So please, any one who has a FitBit, add me! I really need some one who can be some competition to encourage me. I have a face book that accepted a work week challenge and her step count hasn't changed all week. Why would you accept a challenge if you aren't going to do anything???

Meg, I thought kids got high on glue not a headache! WOW, were you there when the guy had his heart attack?

Barbie, what a special day for a special friend.

dim4mom, WOW, only 4,000 steps? I am like you. I would have thought a busy day in a large hospital would have more steps than that. When I was an RN, our nursing unit was two very long hall ways. Then of course a person goes off unit many times, plus walking to and from car.

Janetr, that was Penny at the pole. And no, I haven't seen anything here from her in a while. I can't remember when she was leaving to go back home. Sure miss her.

Had a good long talk with my daughter tonight. She apologized that when her husband opens up Face Book in the morning and read all the notifications, he sees I have written something and doesn't tell her. I really wanted to talk to her about all the feelings I have been having this week but Charlie picked up the phone in the kitchen and talked also. I couldn't say no, you can't talk to our daughter. But He did kind of hog the conversation and he loves to get on his political tanges. We all know his view points and we all agree with him on them. It's jsut that we don't dwell on them ALL day long. There is life outside our political views. I need tot lak to her at a time when he isn't there but that wouldn't be nice to him.

Tomorrow night we have our 1st Annual Northeast Park's got talent show!!! I know I could have sang something but I really don't know anything that is non religious and I would have wanted to do that. My Dad did this thing when we were kids telling us about his pet flea Algernon. Algernon would start out jumping form one hand to another, then do a single, then double , then triple flip. On the triple flip, he misses and you can't find him. Then he goes to look in some ones hair and thinks he found him then says 'that's not Algernon'. Kids groups at hurch loved it, the youth group loved it. When Christina was in college and knew Mom and Dad were going to see my brother and would stop at the college, Christina was so thrilled. She asked him if he would lead the Bible study and bring Algernon. So I am going to introduce him to my church tomorrow night. so far I have just been telling everyone that they have to come and see my invisible friend. Then Sunday afternoon Michelle is going to come over and we are going to see what we can do with all this excess mulch in our back yard. I would imagine it is a good 12 inches deep. It truly is a mess.

Nite nite, Joyce, Indiana

• janetr7476
    Options
    Joyce - "Janetr, that was Penny at the pole. And no, I haven't seen anything here from her in a while. I can't remember when she was leaving to go back home. Sure miss her."

I looked it up and she said she would be going home August 11th, so its been a few days now but I'm sure she was worn iyt and had a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully we hear from her soon. I love her posts and pictures of her adventures. Thanks for reminding me of her name. Nite :)

Janetr OKC
  • margf
    margf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.......It amazes me that after 8 weeks of sitting and not much else, my weight has hardly altered! Obviously, I haven't walked or done any other exercises!!! At 62, I thought I would have stacked on weight while incapacitated.......but as far as I can tell its only about 1 kilo...just shows I guess that I can cut down when I need to..I have been so worried about gaining weight... Its obvious that if I keep counting and worrying about keep the total down I may actually lose some weight when I get going again. :)
  • margf
    margf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I really like your post, Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon..............

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

I live one hour north of Melbourne in Victoria Australia.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Grits - Awesome weight loss. Keep doing what you are doing, it works.
    I some how missed the post about your wreck. I am glad you are okay.

Terri - Thanks for the photo. Pixies are all up in your business? Lol. Guess your DH likes the original you.

Chris - Glad the vacation is going well. Enjoy Mexico.

Becca- Thanks for sharing your henna photo. DD practices on me occasionally.

dim4mom - It's good to have a few activities in your arsenal. Would it be possible to buy a bike an take a few tennis lessons?

Today was interesting - 2 separate lectures on communication from 2 men who are terrible at it. Really it is not my job to translate what someone means for you and why wouldn't I think a certain someone would have included this stuff in his notes. I think it's interesting that I am the one getting the flak for this and the one who is picking up all the slack. I feel like communicating with my fist but my luck I would only break it.
    DH thinks I should tell him what the plan is for DD's birthday tomorrow. !st off, I don't know and 2nd, he can phone DSIL as easily as I can. I didn't tell him who all will be at the BBQ on Sunday at my friends. I don't know because I didn't do the inviting. Why aren't spouses invited? Probably because it is work friends and some of them have no spouses. It's just the girls. Will be drinking wine? Probably. All this from a man who when I asked him what he was going to Merritt for replied, "It's on a need to know basis". To me that translates to I just bought something and I don't want to tell you. He says it's just a joke but....
    DD did a great job of window painting at the Ex. I will have DGC on Monday as she will be setting up the tent, lights, etc. Tues is the parade and then she will be face painting for the rest of the week. Grandma better take her vitamins. I'll be working in the morning and hanging out in the afternoon. So proud of how she is growing her business.
    DS is back in BC after being at a tattoo convention in PA. He is still upset that his equipment got held up in Customs. I'm not clear on whether it reached him in time. He did buy some.
    "She" has taken my DGD for a holiday back in Ontario. I am hoping there are no more tricks or surprises. It is hard for us not to be nervous given what "She" pulled last time. DS says not to worry because there is a court order where the police will get involved and she would lose her rights were that to happen.
    I wanted to mention how good the word rain sounds to me right now. The fires close to where we lived in the Okanogan are out of control. They have closed at least 2 highways down. Here it is like we can see the change in the river daily. Out on the reserve the high school burnt to the ground. They believe it was set and the suspicion is that it is because it was previously a residential school.
    I wouldn't mind a good old 2-3 day soaker.

Sharon in Lethbridge
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,292 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello folks! :)

DH 's new laptop arrived this morning. I want to see how he gets on with Windows 10 and all the transferring of stuff before I get a new one. I'm ok at technical stuff, but I can get very nervous, not to say frustrated, when I've got to learn new things and I have NO patience. But yesterday my laptop and Word were driving me batty. :#
    Hate the process of choosing too. We have got to get some new ceiling lights after the crash of one of the old ones. :sad: I just wish I had a style guru who could go out and get me the perfect ones and fix them up. :ohwell: We have four in total, now three! Our nearest budget lighting store has some that will do, but we are thinking of having the kitchen decorated so now might be the time to have a complete rethink. Decisions - I hate them! :sad: Just present me with the perfect answer - please! :D

Having my favourite Avgolemono for lunch as I have some real chicken stock I want to use up. Greek rice, egg and lemon soup.
    Dinner will be Thai fish curry. Last time I made it just for me it was delicious, but #×÷÷=# hot! DH doesn't like it too hot, so I will have to change it a bit.

Lots of love to all, Heather UK.
    27681614.png
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sharon, maybe the two men with poor communication skills are wanting you to learn how to mind read!

Margaret, gorgeous doily! I just saw a table runner made out of doilies on Facebook. The person had dyed some white ones to complement her colored ones. The only problem was the dye was too intense for my tastes. And it would not be washable (Rit dye fades with each washing and can bleed on to other sections of the runner). Anyway, you are making me want to pull my collection out of the attic and use them again. I did buy a large doily that had been poorly framed with paper backing that was loose, from a garage sale, with the intention of redoing it. Somehow it has sat in a closet since then. But I don't have any with the sentimental value that yours has. Mine are all just garage sale finds. I am blown away that people don't value their grandma's time and effort in making these and sell them for just pennies. So I want to "save' them all from being tossed! LOL (or HaHa if LOL is too out of fashion for you!)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,614 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,144 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! We are off to a wedding two and a half hours away. My nephew is getting married. We will be spending the night and returning tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @dreamwriter and @mollywhippet - my post regarding my wreck was somewhere between pages 33 and 35 - don't remember. Part of the C.R.S. I have because of it.

Thanks @pipcd34 for telling me how to make a post that 'looks' empty so I can go back to where I left off. That helps me from re-reading posts that I have already read. <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    We'll see if the weight loss with still 'be there' on Tuesday when I go to my regular weigh-in. Tonight DH decided we needed to go eat "Mexican" so I am saving up my calories until late afternoon. Only at 1 scramble egg, 1/2 piece of sausage patty, and 3 cups of coffee. Coffee is one thing I have to watch. My cup holds 12 ounces and I have to remember whether I drink 1 or 2 of them (w/sugar).
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    @Annr - I agree, the soup looks wonderful and sounds like it is easy to make, even for just 2 people or less.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options