Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,525 Member
    Sharon - I like the sound of rain too. It started here last night, after a week of +30's the rain is very welcome.

Well.... DDIL decided yesterday that she will start the Ideal Protein diet on Monday. So...we had a girl in our TOPS chapter that did the Ideal Protein thing, I kept asking her when she would start exercising and she said she was told not to exercise. She had 125 pounds to lose and at 80 pounds down was complaining about the skin hanging on her and was already planning surgery, I thought a little toning wouldn't hurt, but what do I know? So I said to my dear DDIL ... ask why you are not allowed to exercise when on this diet. DDIL loves to play hockey and also likes to jog and has several pieces of exercise equipment in her house. And, why, my friends, do ask - "why does DDIL need Ideal Protein diet" ? Because she doesn't eat properly to go with all the exercise she currently does. BUT ... you know Mother in laws don't know nothing! and being a TOPS person for 22 years - you don't know nothing either!! I have had two very close friends do the Ideal Protein diet and lose up to 80 pounds each.... And guess where they are today? Right back were they started at!!! That is my first rant of the day....

Second rant... sorry girls but some days a person just gets really tired of the crap!! Husbands with colds. Why is it the end of the world when "they" have a cold? DH said - how come you got rid of your cold so fast and why didn't you have a pounding headache and blah blah blah!!! I said - because as soon as I got a sore throat I took 6 Olive Leaf pills a day just like my Naturopath doctor told me to do every time I feel a cold coming on, or when I have been around a person with a cold. I took no chemicals (Advil, Tylenol, Buckley's etc) because they always give me this very big ugly red heat rash. I also got out my diffuser and put Young Living oils - Thieves and RC, into it and ran it in the house as much as possible. My cold lasted 6 days. He won't take Olive Leaf because that is "hocus pocus sh**t" .... Well then SUCK it up cupcake and stop your b****ing!! But the diffuser is still going and I am wiping , with Thieves cleaner, all the doorknobs and everything he touches because he doesn't wash his hands enough.

Thank you everyone ...I am done now.... Going to go get another cup of coffee and head over to FB to check out what all my family around the world is doing before DH and DGD get up.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
    Where the rain is coming down in a nice slow drizzle
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,040 Member
    sluts - just doin my job mam, just doin my job
  • pipcd34
    morning peeps -

today i get to go back to my old gym, the showers and lockers should be updated and the water turned back on now. i'll get to see how it looks and pick my new locker. yeah!! i will now be able to leave some stuff in my locker and not carry it around in the back pack with me. my bag weighed almost 14lbs yesterday!!! my shoulder could tell after the day was done. it didn't feel bad as i was riding at all, but by the time i got to bed i could feel it. woke up and drove kirby to the bus station so he wouldn't have to take the bike. at around 2:30 i got to leave with he kids and pick up some chips n dip and take toys for the kids and treats. gonna go pick him up from work (seattle) and then taken us to a dog park where some of his co-workers are going to meet. hopefully it will be nice enough for the kids to swim. we'll see. gotta go workout and maybe get my nails/toes done, they are due!

type to ya later
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    North Idaho is also having a ton of fires and we need rain. I was supposed to travel yesterday but the fire conditions were to bad so I stayed in town. The town I was supposed to visit was evacuated.

Weight loss is stagnated due to sprained ankle. I have been doing chair exercises but I don't get the same calorie burn as when I work out on my feet.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited August 2015
    Joyce The center is a 3D rose my grandmother was able to incorporate into her design. Laura the framer placed an off white matting underneath so that it would look like it floats and would pop. If the raspberry had been put behind the rose it would have gottern lost. This way the raspberry matting also makes the flower pop. I also like hanging it at an angle like the other one. It also gives it a cross shape that I like.
    50a170tnpuc5.jpg

Joyce sounds like you might have some good compost with all that mulch.

Lenora great job on the weight loss.

Miriam so sorry for the loss of one of your cats. I know they are all special to you.

:heart: MNMargaret[/quote]

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Well greetings and good morning! The tile guy is here and the carpet guy called and is on the way; sure hope the plumber shows up! We didn’t think of this but if the sink is disconnected so is the dishwasher! Now our den furniture is all over the living room and you can hardly walk around.

Someone out there has quartz countertops too…is it true you have to use hot pads under toasters, crock pots, etc? I think that’s a little excessive, but it’s what the care instructions say.

DH is at a “second job” interview to change oil and tires at Walmart LOL. This will give him fun money for his jeep build and us a little extra for bills. He’s getting into some really expensive stuff for the jeep so I said no dice, get another job! The good news is if he gets the job, 10% discount! I think that’s hilarious. We have Walmart stock, so a discount would actually (theoretically) hurt us! 

Barbie: how wonderful to share with your old teacher!

Pip: have the surgery!

Becca: I’ve tried henna before but it never stays on. Yours looks beautiful!

Raymax: you sound like me; easier to get steps at work. I am a nursing professor, so those clinical days really pile on the steps

Katla: we don’t have that dr problem too much here; seems to be mostly seen in the “optional” types of medicine…plastics, etc.

GRIT: glad you are ok!

DJ: focus on having a wonderful time and eat the best you can, but don’t worry about it!

Sylvia: I find that personality changes in my pets always means a trip to the vet. Hope all is ok with your dear baby!

Joyce: no I was at work and hubby was home. What a phone call that was!

Sharon: keeping fingers crossed for no more drama!

Heather kitchen remodeling…noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 

Mary: safe travels!

Lilian: I can never understand men OR women like that. Thank goodness my dh is not that way!

Margaret: what a gorgeous doily!

Well time to get working; I have a test bank to finish up. Keep your fingers crossed for the plumber! I don’t think I can go all weekend without water! Take care, Meg from Omaha
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2015
    Joyce: Our boat usually sleeps two because that is how many of us there are. It can sleep 7. The problem is putting up with 7 people and storing their stuff. The most we have had over night was 6 including ourselves. :noway: You can handle 6 people on a temporary basis, but not 6 people AND their stuff. :laugh:

I missed my regular riding lesson yesterday because my teacher was at a job interview that lasted for hours. I suspect they're really interested in her if they took the time to take her on a ride-along to visit patients in the field. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the fit was good and she lands this job. I think it is a good direction for her. She wants to become a veterinary technician and plans to start school for it some time in the coming months. I realize a job offer could cause changes in her availability to teach. If she can't do both, I'm sure she'll make suggestions for another teacher.

She called yesterday evening and invited me to go on a trail ride today. She advised me to take advil before I get there. :laugh: I am stoked! I spent some time researching etiquette and every article I read said to take my cell phone with me to call for help if necessary. I usually leave it in the car, but not today. There were lots of rules for sharing the trails but this ride will be on private land so I doubt we'll come across bicyclists or hikers. I know what to do in the unlikely event we do encounter them.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

August Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Someone out there has quartz countertops too…is it true you have to use hot pads under toasters, crock pots, etc? I think that’s a little excessive, but it’s what the care instructions say.
    Take care, Meg from Omaha

It's true. We have quartz on the main counter tops and granite on the island. We never set anything directly on either surface. We have large clear tempered glass hot plates under the toaster oven, toaster and coffee maker. Enjoy your new counter tops. :)

Cheri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,124 Member
    smiley-happy063.gifWe are very happy about the rain we got yesterday...it filled the rain barrel so we'll have water for our special plants...we still need more, but I am grateful for every little bit

smiley-happy036.gifPip, good news about getting back to your gym and getting a locker for all your stuff.

smiley-happy052.gifMeg, hearing about all the challenges of your kitchen remodel makes me grateful that we don't have the money to do anything to ours

smiley-sport017.gifMary, I didn't take measurements when I started my weight loss journey, I just noted the NSV of underwear fitting better and buying new sizes (I went from XL tops to small and size 16 pants with elastic waistbands to size 6 with a belt....I'm trying to be open-minded about measurements now...I know that's what a lot of people do. to assess their progress.

:) friend coming soon to take a walk with me and her 3 year old grand nephew....should be interesting.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited August 2015
    Meg - we won't be remodelling, just decorating. It's all fine, just "tired". We tried to have a new tap put in a couple of years ago and all hell broke loose. Abandoned that idea.
    We have black, matte granite and I don't use anything. No need for heat mats. Isn't that the point of granite? The only trouble with it is it's not very forgiving to butterfingers! ! ! ! DH has smashed a few mugs. :ohwell:

My fish curry is all ready to add the fish. Tastes yummy. o:)

DH went to a little, local football match instead of driving all the way up to London and back. He enjoyed it, but it was a lovely, sunny day. His old team drew. :ohwell:

I watched a marvellous French film called " Untouchable " in English. Brilliant and inspiring. About the relationship between a millionaire quadriplegic and his black, street living assistant. True story.

Love Heather x x x x UK
  • pipcd34
    Megblair - I am going to have the surgery, after my bike ride in September
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Just stopping by to say I'm watching Criminal Minds all day on ion
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Another hot weekend.Hugs jane
  • MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Hello to all. I just skimmed through the posts. Heather, I'm glad the glass missed you. I once had a glass I was holding shatter into a million tiny pieces. I feel your pain cleaning up!

:/ How can I get back to this thread without having to wend my way through 20 or more 50+ threads? I clicked the star hoping that would bookmark the thread but no go.

Baby, it's hot outside. Yikes. I'm helping my mom clean out bookshelves. Those trips to the car are killer. (And I'm a big wuss!) The paper forecast 118 for Palm Springs. I should be thankful it's only 100 or so here.

I'm happy to be back and good choices are going well, even though I'm visiting my parents. Making good food choices when I'm away from home has always been a challenge, so I count this as a win.

I found out that my sister started back with MFP the same day I did. Hurray! I love being able to share the journey.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Mimi, just read the posts you wish, then mark your spot with a comment. Or a smiley face....or a blank spot....HOW DO YOU DO THAT PIP????????
  • pipcd34
    it's not a blank space annr, it's actually a period.
    stats for the day:
    expresso bike trail- lost valley, extreme trail- 1hr.5sec, 112aw, 11.5amph, personal best beat me by 7 sec
    534cal total
  • Annr
    MY BELLY IS ON FIRE...well its warm anyways. I put more cayenne pepper in my soup! I took my simple bean soup and AMP'ED it up with 7 oz of cubed zucchini from a neighbor, and 3 oz of cubed celery. I saut'ed them with olive oil, 1/4 cup royal rice (three different types of rice) and of course MORE spices! Then I just mixed the leftover bean soup in it. My belly is warm HAPPY!! I am soo a SOUP QUEEN!! It was 499 calories, but well worth it! Plus I am rev'ed for the rest of the day. Tonights dinner is just a bit of whole wheat noodles, spinach and a bit of spaghetti sauce.
    I have yet to feel deprived on this eating plan I seem to be on. I did have a moment a couple of nights ago. It was last Thursday, after my Wednesday weigh-in at TOPS, after my sister crisis moment. I know what I was doing, but still just wanted to "fill the void". So after my having yogurt, with berries for dinner....(I know that was my first mistake), at 8pm I had the rest of the yogurt, then I had all my cherry tomatoes from the counter, THEN I had the first bowl from a FAMILY BOX of Honey Nut Cheerios. I was dying the rest of the night......well until I burped and went to sleep... At least I didn't inhale really BAD stuff, and the next morning I was the same weight. I blinked at the scale thinking...."Wow I stressed over NOTHING...silly me".
    Becca (under a cayenne pepper high)
    In Oregon
    On the coast
    Under cloudy skies
    Above....hum....oh my downstairs neighbor..duh
    :wink:
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Short but sweet ladies...here is a sample of how my day went at work and at home. Counter top remover guys came and took off countertops, backsplash, stove, and sink. Plumber came, had heart attack, and got carted out of my house on a stretcher. Imagine that phone call at work. Counter tops on, no sink til tomorrow when the emergency back up plumber is coming. Dust everywhere from cutting the quartz, even inside drawers. Massiv headache from countertop glue. GAAAAA going to bed! See you tomorrow!!! Meg from dusty, stinky OMaha
    Annr wrote: »
    MY BELLY IS ON FIRE...well its warm anyways. I put more cayenne pepper in my soup! I took my simple bean soup and AMP'ED it up with 7 oz of cubed zucchini from a neighbor, and 3 oz of cubed celery. I saut'ed them with olive oil, 1/4 cup royal rice (three different types of rice) and of course MORE spices! Then I just mixed the leftover bean soup in it. My belly is warm HAPPY!! I am soo a SOUP QUEEN!! It was 499 calories, but well worth it! Plus I am rev'ed for the rest of the day. Tonights dinner is just a bit of whole wheat noodles, spinach and a bit of spaghetti sauce.
    I have yet to feel deprived on this eating plan I seem to be on. I did have a moment a couple of nights ago. It was last Thursday, after my Wednesday weigh-in at TOPS, after my sister crisis moment. I know what I was doing, but still just wanted to "fill the void". So after my having yogurt, with berries for dinner....(I know that was my first mistake), at 8pm I had the rest of the yogurt, then I had all my cherry tomatoes from the counter, THEN I had the first bowl from a FAMILY BOX of Honey Nut Cheerios. I was dying the rest of the night......well until I burped and went to sleep... At least I didn't inhale really BAD stuff, and the next morning I was the same weight. I blinked at the scale thinking...."Wow I stressed over NOTHING...silly me".
    Becca (under a cayenne pepper high)
    In Oregon
    On the coast
    Under cloudy skies
    Above....hum....oh my downstairs neighbor..duh
    :wink:
    Hi Ann..why was having yogurt w berries a mistake? I have been having that for breakfast w 1/4 cup granola...is that bad?
    Melinda aka mindy

• Annr
    Well Mindy, it was a stressful day, and I had the yogurt, wheat bran cereal and berries in it, at 5pm. By 7pm I was on a hunt for something else. Thats when I ate my tomatoes, the rest of my yogurt, and the bowl of cereal. Its been a while since I have gone to bed with a full belly like that, and I was reeeeeally not a happy camper. I do so much better when I eat a larger lunch, a small dinner, then sip some peppermint tea before I go to bed. That guarentee's that I will eat a great healthy breakfast the next day. I like the forward momentum I feel on a schedule like that.
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Annr wrote: »
    Well Mindy, it was a stressful day, and I had the yogurt, wheat bran cereal and berries in it, at 5pm. By 7pm I was on a hunt for something else. Thats when I ate my tomatoes, the rest of my yogurt, and the bowl of cereal. Its been a while since I have gone to bed with a full belly like that, and I was reeeeeally not a happy camper. I do so much better when I eat a larger lunch, a small dinner, then sip some peppermint tea before I go to bed. That guarentee's that I will eat a great healthy breakfast the next day. I like the forward momentum I feel on a schedule like that.

Ohhhh, I thought it was the yogurt/berries was a bad choice! Yes I agree it's important to develop a healthy eating schedule. I have a lot of problems w that...I work second shift so I get up late my first meal sometimes isn't until noon. Then "lunch" at break and supper when I get home around eleven. I do get more noshy late too.