WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    (and everybody new who may need the help) – At the top of the thread there is an empty grey star. When you click on it the star will turn yellow. Then when you search under “community” and click the top star you can choose this thread. If someone already typed this, or typed it better, listen to them.

Terri-Thanks for the advise. When I click on the grey star, it doesn't turn yellow;it just says I have nothing bookmarked yet. Any further advise from anyone?
    Moira

The grey star is for looking for the threads you have already book marked. To book mark a thread you can go to the top of the page and click on the hollow star, its below the gray star this star will turn yellow to signify that you have book marked a thread, then when you click on the grey star it will show the the threads you have book marked.

hope this helps
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,310 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hoooooraaaaaay! :drinker:
    When I turned on my laptop this morning and went to Word there was a message telling me my doc had been disabled and how to un-disable it! I did what it said, restarted and now it is fine. What a relief! B) Why couldn't it have told me yesterday instead of driving me mad! #×÷%=+@#%=÷×+%=÷×+!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Heather UK

• Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Lillian - I'm glad you had a good rain. It rained here last night but not enough. We thought it was going to rain again today but it never happened. I am praying for the people in Rock Creek.
    A man cold is always worse than anything we might get.

Sharon in Lethbridge.

Sharon - Praying for rain for you guys down there. And for all that need it, so many fires burning everywhere!!
    We checked in with our relatives in Oliver and Keremeos last night, they are safe, they said one house had been lost and it was raining in the north. They did say the fire at Rock Creek was worse.

Well the sun is shinning this morning, forecast is for more rain....but nary a cloud in the sky!! So it is going to be hard to sit at the computer and get my company books done. Good part is the sicky DH will go outside!! Not nice of me but oh well....

Later everyone
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Hoooooraaaaaay! :drinker:
    When I turned on my laptop this morning and went to Word there was a message telling me my doc had been disabled and how to un-disable it! I did what it said, restarted and now it is fine. What a relief! B) Why couldn't it have told me yesterday instead of driving me mad! #×÷%=+@#%=÷×+%=÷×+!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Heather UK

Because the computer gremlins get a huge joy out of frustrating us!!!Bad gremlins...

Glad everything is fine.

Lillian
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    In the car now (hubby driving and daughters in car behind us) and heading to drop off daughter #1/Emma at college. It's only about two hours away and she will be home for Labor Day weekend so I will see her in two weeks. Still it's going to be hard to know she's not asleep just down the hall. But so excited for her. We are moving her in today because she is going to be in marching band and they have a week of band camp before school starts.

Have a good day everyone. I'm planning to burn lots of calories helping haul boxes.

Linda /IA
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    (and everybody new who may need the help) – At the top of the thread there is an empty grey star. When you click on it the star will turn yellow. Then when you search under “community” and click the top star you can choose this thread. If someone already typed this, or typed it better, listen to them.

Terri-Thanks for the advise. When I click on the grey star, it doesn't turn yellow;it just says I have nothing bookmarked yet. Any further advise from anyone?
    Moira

The grey star is for looking for the threads you have already book marked. To book mark a thread you can go to the top of the page and click on the hollow star, its below the gray star this star will turn yellow to signify that you have book marked a thread, then when you click on the grey star it will show the the threads you have book marked.

hope this helps

ops, guess I should read through the entire thread before answering.

DJ- hope you enjoyed the reception

Margaret beautiful doily

Margt- great job at keeping the weight off when you could not exercise , that must have taken meticulous counting

Sharon- looks like you played mom at work sorry

Mary- glad you had fun at the wedding

Lillian - Its so frustrating when people you love do things that are self defeating and with little chance of long term positive results. They will need to learn their own lessons. Best way to be helpful is to is to live your life to the fullest and be a good example.

Meg- I feel your pain. I hate my kitchen to be in an uproar.

Katla- Is that your horse in the profile photo. I'm jealous. I grew up riding horses and loved riding on the beach.
    glad you had a good trail ride

Mimi- love your profile picture. looks like a happy family

Linda - awwwhhh such cute kitties. Its hard finding our babies away.

Mialcada- wow what a transformation, excellent, Im glad you kept the same great smile

Yesterday was such a hard day for me. My way of keeping on track is choosing a meal that I want and planning my day around it. Our boys came home from college for a visit and asked for my home made pizza. I was looking forward to two pieces with lots of veggies. (I grind my own flower to make the crust). My cousin came by at lunch and asked if I wanted to go out to eat. I enjoy visiting with her. Trying to remain true to course I choose a half order of grilled salmon 4oz with 1/2 cup rice and a cup of steamed veggies. Supper I only ate one large piece of pizza which used up the rest of my fats for the day. Really it was enough but as one of my sons said I was only going to eat 2 slices but it was so good I ate my whole pizza. We went to Moms house and she states she wanted to go to an ice cream social to say good by a friend that was moving away. So we took her. At one point I whispered in my husbands ear and said "this is so unfair I have had so many ways I have been twisted with my food diary." He smiled, chuckled and hugged me. I decided to serve mom her ice-cream and enjoyed watching her enjoy it, told myself that since it was not Blue Bell it would be a disappointment anyway.
    I made It through the day with eating most of my earned exercise calories.

I averaged 11,592 steps this week

next I need to work on core training, Suggestions?

I started this early but went for a walk before I finished.

• gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Linda -Which school in Iowa. Marching band is a good place to make life long friends. My daughter loved being in Marching Band in college.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Grits! I'm so sorry you had a wreck. I missed that post completely. What page was it on?

I don't remember, somewhere in the mid-30's.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello folks! :)DH 's new laptop arrived this morning. I want to see how he gets on with Windows 10 and all the transferring of stuff before I get a new one. I'm ok at technical stuff, but I can get very nervous, not to say frustrated, when I've got to learn new things and I have NO patience. But yesterday my laptop and Word were driving me batty. :#
    Hate the process of choosing too. We have got to get some new ceiling lights after the crash of one of the old ones. :sad: I just wish I had a style guru who could go out and get me the perfect ones and fix them up. :ohwell: We have four in total, now three! Our nearest budget lighting store has some that will do, but we are thinking of having the kitchen decorated so now might be the time to have a complete rethink. Decisions - I hate them! :sad: Just present me with the perfect answer - please! :D quote]

@cityjaneLondon - I've heard that Windows 10 has some 'issues' with it and my 'technical team' tells me to wait until they get them fixed before adding it to my computer. I know what you mean about wanting a decorator to come out and tell you what to do. Unfortunately, every time we have bought a piece of furniture from the store, we get 1 free hour worth of decorating and every time - they want me to take the menagerie off the wall, and paint the walls (which are made of pecky cypress) . . . neither of them are going to ever be done. One reason that makes the house look like a hunting lodge. Just find a sofa and two chairs (preferable ones that swivel, rock/glide, and lay back). I know that somewhere these can be found; my BF has 2 of them in her living room.

@cityjaneLondon - LOL! I'm supposed to be getting my 'new' laptop back from HP. Had to send it to them because of 'defective' keyboard. Was having to punch keys several times before the letters would appear; and I could NOT get the stupid battery out of it. Got an email yesterday that they could not get it to do what I had told them was wrong; and they then said they had 'fixed' something I had not asked them about. Got to call them in AM to make sure they have not sent it back and not fixed it. Dammit

@NO_excuses - Cute kitties . . . your Mama Cat looks like my precious TUX; pretty much the same markings as best as I can see. He is so crazy and unlike most cats, he loves purring and being rubbed and held. Spoiled cat. He loves people and he has missed our dog since she died.

@drkatiebug - WOW! Love it!

@miakoda40 - My DDnL is about the size on the left and she has apparently NO discipline and wants a 'magic' pill to be anywhere like the one of the right. She even gets mad if I go to exercise in our 'jointly' owned pool. So I got a good workout yesterday for 2 hours while they were off at a wedding. No telling when they got home. I'm sure my DGDs were 'chewing nails'. I'm sure if it is a 'scorcher' today, they will get in it for a while.

@mollywhippet - Love the clean lines and especially the counter top (what is it made of?).

@jmkmomm - the flooring in our entire house could use a 'new' look. Husband would like to put down hardwood floors; I'm just not so sure how easy they'd be to keep clean. We live on a dirt road and the dust can be bad when we have a dry spell. I'm also afraid it will make the rooms look dark. I have an Oriental rug in the den portion of the great room; and the furniture I would like to replace would be the sofa and two club chairs. Like I said above, whenever a decorator has come out, they want me to paint the 'pecky cypress' walls and get rid of the menagerie which is something I would never do. It is our desire for the house to have the ambiance of being a 'hunting lodge'. When the house was built, the 'stupid idiots' that put in the flooring had put in the kitchen floor first and then 'cut' it when they cut the carpet; and not long ago, I pulled a loose thread at a seam when vacuuming the room (MBR) and it looks like that has been cut as well. But, at this point my glassed-in all year room off the MBR is what I want to finish first. Not too willing to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house to fix the things or change them that I'd like to do. While DH still works, he is a paint contractor, and we never know when he might have to leave it to our son (if that is what he wants to have done). Some is nearly 40; and talks about getting a 'real' job; but, he could make a lot of money if he'd just try to learn what and why DH does things the way he does them. His wife is miserable at her job and supposedly has been looking for another one (with benefits, which she doesn't have now). They work her like a dog and she comes home every day complaining about it. Usually with a giant migraine to go along with it.

So much I would 'like' to do, so 'little' time and money. Oh well, I can 'dream'.

Chow!
    Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Joyce: I guess I didn't make myself clear. We don't sleep that many. There are that many places to sleep, but not enough space for luggage. Two to four can be comfortable.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Raymax: I don't own a horse but have always wanted one. The horse in the photo is owned by the beach stable that offers beach rides to tourists. The photo was taken on my birthday last year. The lesson horse I ride now is owned by my teacher. At this time in my life, I don't have what it takes to be a responsible horse owner. I've considered leasing down the road. DH has numerous health issues and even a lease would not work for me at this point.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,645 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

i don't know what i did but my shoulder hurts! i'm going to ask for a horse pill, codeine and tram idol don't do anything. i'll ask for 10 pills. i won't take them when i know i'm going to ride.

gotta go to the gym... lockers weren't available, water wasn't on yesterday, it should be today.

the kids LOVED the water at the park. they had fun swimming!
    type to ya later
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,645 Member
    Options
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics! Which babies are yours? Ru in the group pic? Looks like the pups had fun! Their Mumma is gonna burn calories cleaning up the goldens especially! I have a yellow lab whose almost white and she LOVES to wallow in any mud she can find. Lately we don't even bother winding the hose back on it spool Cuz she's gonna need it tomorrow!
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oops Mindy near Boston
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,764 Member
    Options
    Pugs and Poodles huh Pip? looks like the babies had a great time.. Homer would have a ball at something like that Chester is a scaredy dog...
    I ran errands this morning ,Tom worked on the kitchen...
    picked up some t shirts for him at Walmart for 3 bucks a piece...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,310 Member
    Options
    Happy day!

I managed to write my 2nd prologue to my memoir. Showed it to DH. He said it was very "evocative" and he would be proud to have written it. :) Good start. :) I'm going to intersperse the two prologues with small photos on the facing pages. Hope that will work.

Then my cleaner texted me and said she could make it in tomorrow. (She has a bad back) That is great as we won't be here to do anything. :D We made the bed up to save her back.
    That gave me free time to dye my roots and clear varnish my nails. :D:D
    I have precooked some giant couscous for a salad on Tuesday night and we will barbecue some sheftali that we have had in the freezer for months. (Turkish/Greek herby lamb sausages ) I have a tart in there I can drag out so I am all set. :D
    Then I rang and booked our local pub for Wednesday night, so we are all done and dusted! o:) Phew!

Off early tomorrow after exercising to see my gorgeous grandchildren. <3 Posting a photo of DGD's new shoes. :love:

r2mtsiq4vzfr.png

Heather UK
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Cute dogs; makes me really miss having Shorty around. We might get a dog after coming home from LA; but, it won't be a 'big' one. I'm not sure I want another JRT, Shorty was so smart I am afraid I would somehow compare them. Actually, would like a Mountain Feise; but, nobody around here raises them apparently. I've been checking with out vet, the girls tell me to put a card on the bulletin board. I've been checking it and maybe when I take TUX in for his yearly shots (probably this week) I will actually 'ask' the vet if he knows of someone who has a '*kitten*' who might have a litter ready to sell or give away. I've googled them on computer; but, all I find are ones in other states and I don't want someone else picking out my dog. I want to make sure that 'she' will be a good one and I have certain tests to prove that like laying them over and holding them like babies, and seeing if they come to me when called. And the ones I have seen want $500-$600 or better then they want 'shipping charges'. I'd think 'shipping' a dog somewhere would give them a sense of doom. I don't want that in a dog or puppy.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif I did my weight training routine again today. It took about 55 minutes. Because I'm doing it at home, I can watch something I recorded on my DVR and use the 30-60 second rests between sets to fold laundry. I added some weight to the lifts I'm doing by wearing 5 pound wrist weights. That will do until the adjustable dumbbells I ordered come in. The new dumbbells will be adjustable up to about 50 pounds on each dumbbell...total 100 pounds for a lift. Since the heaviest I am doing now is 40 pounds, they should be good for a long time.

smiley-computer001.gif Heather, When Jake got his new Microsoft Surface Tablet, he downloaded Windows 10 at the recommendation of his computer expert friend. Now he sits at the dining room table next to me and my laptop and fusses out loud at his computer. I can't help him because I don't know Windows 10 and the fussing is very distracting so I've had to go somewhere else and do something else while he works.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington