True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, hearing of other peoples' happiness depresses me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    I've eaten nothing but a healthy breakfast, chocolate peanut butter brownies, Nilla wafers and a turkey sandwich today because I spent the day cleaning my girls' room. Seven....SEVEN bags of trash and three bins of toys. I still have to go through the clothes tomorrow. If I find anything on their floor and it's not picked up by Friday's, I'm throwing it away. This is IT!

Do you have the kids help clean or is it easier to just do it yourself?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I've eaten nothing but a healthy breakfast, chocolate peanut butter brownies, Nilla wafers and a turkey sandwich today because I spent the day cleaning my girls' room. Seven....SEVEN bags of trash and three bins of toys. I still have to go through the clothes tomorrow. If I find anything on their floor and it's not picked up by Friday's, I'm throwing it away. This is IT!

Do you have the kids help clean or is it easier to just do it yourself?

Normally I make them responsible for their own areas but this was out of control for too long so I had to step in.

Takes me back to when my kids were smaller ..I'd sit on the bed and tell them what had to be done, point out what had to be picked up and where it had to go. Ensured it was done the way I wanted it but without me actually doing it ..I loved it :D ..

They refer to it as slave labour time :D
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I put on Titanic in the background while I was grading. And then this morning I still had a couple hours of grading to do, and I was too lazy to look for a new thing to play in the background. So I replayed Titanic. Now I'm too invested to turn it off though. So I'm currently sitting on my couch watching Titanic for the second time in two days.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    Yesterday I put on Titanic in the background while I was grading. And then this morning I still had a couple hours of grading to do, and I was too lazy to look for a new thing to play in the background. So I replayed Titanic. Now I'm too invested to turn it off though. So I'm currently sitting on my couch watching Titanic for the second time in two days.

I have done this EXACT same thing. But I wasn't grading papers and it wasn't the titanic. I was matching socks and it was spongebob.

Spongebob > Titanic

any day of the week
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Sometimes this site makes me want to punch myself in the face

Funny. I was just thinking the same thing.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a gift today...shopping for others is hard
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I confess I would like to throat punch my boss. I was just informed we will not be getting any days off for Christmas or New Year's.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I confess I wish I had a suit of armor.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    i try to be off from december 19th to january 8th, for reasons of public safety. but alway am off december 21st to january 2nd... so some years the public is not as safe. only once has my solstice holiday bonfire, left untended, became a wildfire that consumed more than 20 acres of trees