True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I confess that I looked in my bank account earlier and my soul almost left my body when i saw the balance, the struggle is real.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made a pasta salad for Christmas. The recipe called for soya sauce and I had none on hand so I substituted with Worcestershire sauce. It turned out well and I forgot all about it. So when my cousins wife asked if the dish was vegan friendly I said yes. Until she was already eating it and then I remembered :#

I don't know why this made me laugh but it did. Oops.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Looking through the Facebook of a friend that was recently killed in a crash. Reading all the things he was excited to do on new years. Everyone knows that you'll die some day, but I don't think many people actually think it'll happen until they're old or they'll see it coming. I don't want to be morbid and think about dying all the time, but when I think about my family and just how damn fast it can happen, it genuinely terrifies me. I see the appeal in being a hermit and not letting anyone close.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    I confess that I looked in my bank account earlier and my soul almost left my body when i saw the balance, the struggle is real.

Aww ..chin up :*
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Looking through the Facebook of a friend that was recently killed in a crash. Reading all the things he was excited to do on new years. Everyone knows that you'll die some day, but I don't think many people actually think it'll happen until they're old or they'll see it coming. I don't want to be morbid and think about dying all the time, but when I think about my family and just how damn fast it can happen, it genuinely terrifies me. I see the appeal in being a hermit and not letting anyone close.

I understand. It is sad. One of the saddest things was seeing my dad's 10 year passport that he had for like a couple of years only. So much more time :(
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made a pasta salad for Christmas. The recipe called for soya sauce and I had none on hand so I substituted with Worcestershire sauce. It turned out well and I forgot all about it. So when my cousins wife asked if the dish was vegan friendly I said yes. Until she was already eating it and then I remembered :#

Damn this makes me not want to eat anything from anyone else ever

Unless it's my mom she'd never do that to me
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have a huge amount of scars - scarring easily and just having had a lot of injuries. I try and project confidence about them but I confess that in many way its just a lie because while I do consider them in many ways beautiful and a part of me knowing so many people hate them in some way or other makes me feel like I should be trying to be rid of them after all.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    In less than a month I'm flying across the country to meet a MFP member.
    Never flown before
    Never even left my state before
    And I'm a pretty shy person
    But I'm not freaked out or worried. Just happy to go and meet him.
  • macmicky
    macmicky Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    Never flown before

hes norman bates
  • Owlie45
    Options
    macmicky wrote: »
    Never flown before

hes norman bates

That's basically what my mother said.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

@km8907 sorry for the loss of your friend, when death comes unexpectedly it really jars our foundation. I can relate to your comment about being a hermit but there has also been a season in my life during which having a friend pulled me away from going the wrong way. Life.....so full of mystery.
  • Owlie45
    Options
    Never flown before

Congrats! And be safe!

☺ thank you
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm becoming more reckless with money as I start to make more. (I.e. I bought 2 $15 board games yesterday as birthday presents whereas when I was an unpaid intern, that would've seemed like a ridiculous price). Or maybe I'm just becoming more accepting that $0 isn't a realistic price for anything.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess I feel like I'm getting sick but I'm going to ignore it cause if I don't acknowledge it it'll go away
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'd love to be whisked away from work right now and "play hookie" for the rest of the day.

Edit because this is not really a confession but more like a want. oops wrong thread.