True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    I confess that my Christmas tree is still up.
    And I'm avoiding it like the plague.

I lived with two other knuckleheads in Manhattan Beach.

We thought it might be a good idea to put up a live Christmas tree.

It stayed up until April.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Is it real? If so a controlled burn, maybe? If artificial, leave it there.. I might not notice it after a couple of months..
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I lived with two other knuckleheads in Manhattan Beach.

We thought it might be a good idea to put up a live Christmas tree.

It stayed up until April.

My first Christmas in my own place, my roommate and I got a fake tree and dolled it all up. We moved out that June and it was still up. Took it right out to the dumpster, fully decorated and set it there. It was gone within minutes.

when we walked by the tree (we never really got around to decorating it) the needles would fall off from the subtle air movement.

We thought it to be a fire hazard but leaving it up was a lot easier than taking the 90 seconds to drag it outside.

We were busy with other stuff. *shrug
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

Mine too. Husband leaves it up through Jan 6 cuz he was raised Lutheran. It's past Jan 6, and in theory Christmas is coming down this weekend, but we didn't do it yesterday and we're pretty busy today. We'll see what happens, but if it stays up another week or few I don't really mind.
  • Clajoro
    Clajoro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I confess I am a lentil freak. I eat lentils like I breathe air.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Is it real? If so a controlled burn, maybe? If artificial, leave it there.. I might not notice it after a couple of months..

Artificial. The problem is that it's in a room that we have never used before and haven't used since. I don't even think about it until I pass the the door and am like hmm maybe tomorrow

I vote to keep walking by the room till Dec.. just move around ornaments this coming Christmas!
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Artificial. The problem is that it's in a room that we have never used before and haven't used since. I don't even think about it until I pass the the door and am like hmm maybe tomorrow

I vote to keep walking by the room till Dec.. just move around ornaments this coming Christmas!

This is a really valid option. Just go in every once in a while with a leaf blower to dust it off.

That's it.. OR you could throw a sheet over it, but I would hate for you walk by the room at night when its dark and creepy and forget the tree is in there..
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I confess that I never practiced safe sex while I was in the Navy, and as such, I may have children, in their mid-to-late 20's, all over the world.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I always wonder what everyone is actually doing when they post on threads here!

I'm at the club. Waiting to meet my mom, brother, hubs and the boy for brunch then I'll take the boy skating
  • UltraTacks
    UltraTacks Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thursday I night I gave a guy a decent chop to the wrist and it made me feel good when he was in pain
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    UltraTacks wrote: »
    Thursday I night I gave a guy a decent chop to the wrist and it made me feel good when he was in pain

I'll bite. Why did you have to chop him? Did he get handsy with you?