True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I confess sometimes I would just like to surround myself with animals...dogs and cats....people confuse me...

I :heart: you so much! :kissing_heart:

We should all take a leaf out of Gary's book ..

He is awesome hey Boo :)
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I confess sometimes I would just like to surround myself with animals...dogs and cats....people confuse me...

Absolutely! As are you, my dear sista! :heart:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options

<3 ya Boo
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options

<3 ya Boo

:heart: you more, most beautiful!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Tonight my dude finally understood that he thinks we could have a future while I know we can't. I've been trying to tell him that that's the case from the get go, but he decided to believe "it's just the beginning, we'll see where it goes" and leaving the door open for something to possibly happen.

I confess that even though one could argue it was him letting himself get hurt after I clearly explained my stance, I still feel awful for hurting his feelings.

I also confess that I'm possibly more sad for me than for him. I've been really happy after being really sad for so long, and I know I'm just going to go back to being sad, and I really am having a hard time with accepting that that's how it'll be again.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    Tonight my dude finally understood that he thinks we could have a future while I know we can't. I've been trying to tell him that that's the case from the get go, but he decided to believe "it's just the beginning, we'll see where it goes" and leaving the door open for something to possibly happen.

I confess that even though one could argue it was him letting himself get hurt after I clearly explained my stance, I still feel awful for hurting his feelings.

I also confess that I'm possibly more sad for him than for me. I've been really happy after being really sad for so long, and I know I'm just going to go back to being sad, and I really am having a hard time with accepting that that's how it'll be again.

But why can't you just see where it goes? If you're enjoying him and having fun why set parameters
  • angelxsss
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

I also confess that I'm possibly more sad for him than for me. I've been really happy after being really sad for so long, and I know I'm just going to go back to being sad, and I really am having a hard time with accepting that that's how it'll be again.

But why can't you just see where it goes? If you're enjoying him and having fun why set parameters

Because he's too old and I'm not attracted to him. And I don't want to waste his time or lead him on because I know he's more serious about me than I am about him. He talked tonight about me meeting his kids. And we've been at this for just short of 3 weeks
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Because he's too old and I'm not attracted to him. And I don't want to waste his time or lead him on because I know he's more serious about me than I am about him. He talked tonight about me meeting his kids. And we've been at this for just short of 3 weeks

What is 'too old'? Your opinion of how old of a person you should be dating or what you think other people will think? You said you are happy and haven't been in a long time so there is something there. Maybe worth exploring if you are truly happy because a young hotty may treat you like dirt. This guy has experience.
    Don't stick around if you will always be looking for something better though

This^^^
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

Honesty can be brutal but I think being honest with him was the best thing you could do.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

What is 'too old'? Your opinion of how old of a person you should be dating or what you think other people will think? You said you are happy and haven't been in a long time so there is something there. Maybe worth exploring if you are truly happy because a young hotty may treat you like dirt. This guy has experience.

IIRC, she said he's my age (like late 40's).
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

What caused the attraction to disappear in 3 weeks? I mean, I assume you were attracted to him at the beginning.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options

You're doing the right thing... It's rarely a good idea to stay in a relationship when one person is decidedly more invested than the other, and yours comes with unique challenges down the road. The age gap is a big deal for your future if you want kids of your own. Finances can be tricky if he hasn't been managing his the way you would. It's harder to befriend other couples. If you're feeling embarrassed, there's going to be a lot of friction when it comes to introducing him to people. These are all things that, IMO, should be discussed/resolved before meeting the kids. (Admittedly, I view meeting the kids is a big step that cements you as Serious Girlfriend. Maybe it's not to him.) If he's looking for something serious and you're not feeling that, you would be leading him on if you stayed with him.

Don't go back to being sad! You've had some fun and gotten real-world confirmation that you're attractive. Go back out there, rock it, and find someone else to have fun with... maybe with a bit more potential to last.
  • angelxsss
    Options

He's 43. The age thing is mostly about what other people will think, but the not really attracted thing is all me. The thing that I liked about him is that he treats me wonderfully, and I know that's hard to find in a guy my age. But at the same time, you're right, I do feel like I would just be waiting for something better to come along.
    jnichel wrote: »

What caused the attraction to disappear in 3 weeks? I mean, I assume you were attracted to him at the beginning.
    The attraction was mainly because he treated me really well, he was smart, he has blue eyes, and he's honest with me. There are just a few things he does that he isn't going to stop doing that bug me, and past his eyes, there's not really much physical attraction at all.

You're doing the right thing... It's rarely a good idea to stay in a relationship when one person is decidedly more invested than the other, and yours comes with unique challenges down the road. The age gap is a big deal for your future if you want kids of your own. Finances can be tricky if he hasn't been managing his the way you would. It's harder to befriend other couples. If you're feeling embarrassed, there's going to be a lot of friction when it comes to introducing him to people. These are all things that, IMO, should be discussed/resolved before meeting the kids. (Admittedly, I view meeting the kids is a big step that cements you as Serious Girlfriend. Maybe it's not to him.) If he's looking for something serious and you're not feeling that, you would be leading him on if you stayed with him.

Don't go back to being sad! You've had some fun and gotten real-world confirmation that you're attractive. Go back out there, rock it, and find someone else to have fun with... maybe with a bit more potential to last.
    Thank you. He knows meeting the kids is a big deal because his are autistic so he's hesitant to introduce anyone new into their lives if there's not going to be staying power.
    And I'll try to not be sad.

• MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You are doing the right thing. 100%. The right person will come along for you. You are being an adult by not meeting his kids and letting things go further than you want.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I confess I catfished myself.

Did you send yourself noodz?

Yes and I like what I saw.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    @angelxsss Don't feel guilty for following your gut. You know what is right and what is best for you. The age difference would eventually would become an issue later on down the road. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true. (Been there done that.)

The right guy will come along when you least expect it.
  • angelxsss
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

Why did you sleep with someone you're not attracted to for 3 weeks? I don't get it.

Because I was lonely and I've never gotten to be in a relationship and I was tired of waiting and I wanted to know what it felt like. I was unhappy (with more than just being lonely) and I needed to find some way to be happy.