True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I confess that I let my soul mate go 15 years ago, and I think about her every day.

I did the same, 20 years ago. And I have regretted everyday since.

I have no soul, so...I'm lucky like that.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I confess that I let my soul mate go 15 years ago, and I think about her every day.

I sold mine years ago. I think I was jipped though.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I embrace my past, it has created who I am today... and will give me the strength I need to overcome my future.
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I confess the term "soul mate" makes me cringe.

Different strokes for different folks.
    I find the phrase extremely reassuring and calming.
    It's that sense of having freedom to be, with the exclusive and intimate trust and knowledge that your 'mate' will only look out for you. Be a guide, a source of support and unconditional care.

• BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

i don't have a problem with "soul mate." but i don't believe that a person only has one. and i don't think that makes any one of the soul mates a lesser soul mate, if that makes sense.
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

It's that sense of having freedom to be, with the exclusive and intimate trust and knowledge that your 'mate' will only look out for you. Be a guide, a source of support and unconditional care.

I confess this made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Like I said, different strokes - different folks!

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

lol Well, I use to.. I can't seem to find it lately.

For clarification, I do believe we have many "soul mates". I think we connect with different people for different reasons but some just seem to fit perfectly. I let my most perfect one go because I was young and not ready to move to Japan then get left alone there while he worked. In hindsight, I passed up an amazing guy and opportunity. We are still friends and check in with each other but it took a few years to get back to that point. I know from our friendship now that we would have had a pretty great life long relationship.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options

I confess this made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Spit or swallow?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I know from our friendship now that we would have had a pretty great life long relationship.

Fun fact, for most people who stay together or in contact it is almost only life long for one of them. Doh!

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I know from our friendship now that we would have had a pretty great life long relationship.

Fun fact, for most people who stay together or in contact it is almost only life long for one of them. Doh!

lol maybe so.. so he is the one that contacts me.. so it must be him! :D:o
  • Tayykisses
    Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I confess that I absolutely hate my job and my boss. The term "hate" being used VERY strongly.
  • werobins2
    werobins2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i confess that I have spent the morning looking at job ads
  • Tayykisses
    Options
    werobins2 wrote: »
    i confess that I have spent the morning looking at job ads

same.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

I'm with you. :)
    but why some believe in love at first sight some in soulmates...to each his own
  • Tayykisses
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    @werobins2 @Tayykisses

I hope you two aren't doing that on work computers.

I am. Cause I just don't care anymore. These people are hateful anyways! :)
  • werobins2
    werobins2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    dont get me all scared istrat115
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »

I'm with you. :)
    but why some believe in love at first sight some in soulmates...to each his own

I believe in lust at first sight, but not love. That makes no sense to me. Love is something that has to be grown and nurtured. Which I suppose also means I don't believe in a soulmate. At least not one that is predetermined.

Totally this. You can't love until you know the person. And what's good for my soul right now in Ten years might not be
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I find "soulmate"cringe worthy too... only because various women in my life have thrust that title upon me (no, not my mom or my sisters). I adapt and adopt that which my significant other requires from a relationship... which they think makes me "mate" worthy... in fact I don't care for the term "mate" unless it's in the context of a couple of blokes offering "that me and me "Mate" here are off to the pub for a couple o' pints".

Hate? life is too short to waste emotional energy on such a pointless "feel". I prefer dislike with extreme prejudice :) Hate is actually a crime...
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    i confess no one here knows what a confession is

Dominus noster Jesus Christus te absolvat; et ego auctoritate ipsius te absolvo ab omni vinculo excommunicationis (suspensionis) et interdicti in quantum possum et tu indiges. [making the Sign of the Cross:] Deinde, ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

You're welcome.

I confess that I understood every word of this!!! Oh, and AMEN!