Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    i confess no one here knows what a confession is

I confess people treated me differently in these forums when they thought I was a completely different person.

Substantially different.

It's almost sickening.

EDIT: It is sickening.

perhaps you re acting differently and therefore that's why you are getting a different reaction?

Would you believe someone accused me of only wanting to be friends with hot headless torsos and would you believe I have none of those as friends? Might that person have felt that they would be treated differently if they hid behind an anonymous profile...would you believe they became fun when they did and when not in hiding weren't my cup of tea?

I have taken that into account. And aside from intentionally changing some very specific grammar quirks I've pretty much maintained the same overall persona. I do appreciate your perspective.

Perhaps those who were mean to you befor have noticed a difference

Other way around. I had some pretty good rapport with several people even multiple open cordial direct message conversations.

It is what it is I suppose.

I still don't know what your other ID was, so I'm just sitting here baffled.

Doesn't matter.

People come and people go.

Remember,

100 years from now, all new people.

.... except for a few random three year olds, and they don't count.

What if we find the fountain of youth and are still here we will have come but never gone

...... then I reckon the carpool lane is going to be pretty crowded
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess that there is one day in my life that plays over and over in my head in vivid memories. I wish that I could go back to that day. I wish my body and mind could feel that way again.

Dang, I remember that day too (mine, not yours; obviously).

Living in the past fosters regret; living in the future, anxiety.

The trick is to be present while remembering, but not dwelling on, the past, while remaining mindful of one's future.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I cry a little when my son wants to snuggle with me because it's so rare. I know he's growing out of it and I miss it already. Such an independent little dude.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I confess I cry a little when my son wants to snuggle with me because it's so rare. I know he's growing out of it and I miss it already. Such an independent little dude.

Aw I am, sorry & even though I, don't have children I understand this due; to my Nephews! It's why when I thought that I'd have them I, planned to try every 5 years until, my child had children because I love the, dependency of; babies!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess that there is one day in my life that plays over and over in my head in vivid memories. I wish that I could go back to that day. I wish my body and mind could feel that way again.

Dang, I remember that day too (mine, not yours; obviously).

Living in the past fosters regret; living in the future, anxiety.

The trick is to be present while remembering, but not dwelling on, the past, while remaining mindful of one's future.

awesome.

i try to use past memories only as learning experiences, to aid in living in the now. it is hard to do, but wishing things to be like a certain time in the past holds me back and can cause pain.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

yes. there are times i wish time would stop so my son wouldn't hit the teenage years.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

Awww.sorry he's not a cuddler. my boy I'd a snuggler. Means he crawls into bed every morning and I get like half an inch cause he needs snuggles
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

Aw I am, sorry & even though I, don't have children I understand this due; to my Nephews! It's why when I thought that I'd have them I, planned to try every 5 years until, my child had children because I love the, dependency of; babies!

I love babies, too! We're hoping to try for another later this year. :) (a big reason why I'm working on getting this weight off of me!)

yes. there are times i wish time would stop so my son wouldn't hit the teenage years.

My kiddo is only a year and a half but it's gone by in a blink. I feel like if I look away for a second he'll be on his way to prom when I look back.

Awww.sorry he's not a cuddler. my boy I'd a snuggler. Means he crawls into bed every morning and I get like half an inch cause he needs snuggles

I'm hoping he'll keep his love of sleepy time snuggles. I get a few minutes every day at nap time before putting him down. Daddy gets the bedtime snuggles at night. The rest of the time he's off and running around like a mini Jack Sparrow and gets fussy if you pick him up.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

I love babies, too! We're hoping to try for another later this year. :) (a big reason why I'm working on getting this weight off of me!)

My kiddo is only a year and a half but it's gone by in a blink. I feel like if I look away for a second he'll be on his way to prom when I look back.

I'm hoping he'll keep his love of sleepy time snuggles. I get a few minutes every day at nap time before putting him down. Daddy gets the bedtime snuggles at night. The rest of the time he's off and running around like a mini Jack Sparrow and gets fussy if you pick him up.

Awww
    Ya my kid is an oddity. He loves climbing into people's laps to read with them or show them stuff. You'd think he see ni affection but I think he's just an overly sensitive child...which is both a blessing and a curse cause but he's sweet and I like him and I'll keep him
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Cherish those moments.
    I have two girls. One is 15 almost 16 and still climbs into my lap occasionally. And even though I seriously can't breathe because she's squishing me I love that she still does this.
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • transphormyn
    transphormyn Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thinking I may be single soon.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Uh oh. :| You know where I am if you want to talk.
  • transphormyn
    transphormyn Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Uh oh. :| You know where I am if you want to talk.

Thank you
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm going to know how to function when I actually have to work in office rather than at home the next two weeks.
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I confess that I let my soul mate go 15 years ago, and I think about her every day.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I confess that I let my soul mate go 15 years ago, and I think about her every day.

I did the same, 20 years ago. And I have regretted everyday since.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I confess the term "soul mate" makes me cringe.