Replies

• BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I want a rockin', strong body... but I can't bring myself to go to my local gym.... I HATE IT THERE! Also, I find it hard to be motivated all the time without a IRL buddy when it comes to resistance training-I've no one in my circle who understands it and I'm being a coward for using that as an excuse to NOT pick up all the heavy *asparagus* weights...along with certain minor injuries...

Basically, I hate that I can do whatever is needed for anyone else I love, but not for myself...

How about, doing it for; someone you love?

If I thought there was someone that cared about it... but they really don't.... they don't get where I'm coming from in this regard, :disappointed:

Do it for you. I have no one that cares if I work out or not, but myself. I know it's easy for me to say, because I just love lifting and always have, but just do it. You will love the results and being strong. I know you can do it!

Very true.

If you train for the wishes of others, it will be short lived; for sure.

This depends on your personality type I think. Some people get more out of influencing others than doing things for themselves. Feeling like I may let someone else down is 100000 times more motivating than thinking I might let myself down. That is F'd up, I realize that....

Yeah, I can see that.

I was thinking of..... here's an example: If a friend wanted me to train for and run a marathon because they thought it would be fun, I wouldn't be too motivated to put in all of the training for their wishes over my own similar desires.

Yup. I'm doing a sponsored walk at the end of June- 64miles. Never done the like before, yet, I WILL do it- because I've committed to it on others behalf... now, doing something that benefits only me? It feels...unworthy... I really don't know why I have so little faith in myself, yet, I have ALWAYS, given everything to those I love. *kitten* up, right?
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I confess that I get super curious when I see that very prolific posters have deleted their accounts.

I confess that some over the last few months have really bummed me out

Some of the more recent ones have made me sad. :(
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    I confess that I get super curious when I see that very prolific posters have deleted their accounts.

A couple of bannings coupled with a couple of folks deleting accounts has been a bummer.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

A couple of bannings coupled with a couple of folks deleting accounts has been a bummer.

Yep. Snowballed out of control and now it feels very..... different

Thing is, you can only worry about those things that you can control.
    I also post on another site that is an off shoot from a very prominent fitness site. It's impossible to get banned there. What was a bannable offense here, is everyday conversation there.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

I also post on another site that is an off shoot from a very prominent fitness site. It's impossible to get banned there. What was a bannable offense here, is everyday conversation there.

Ya dirty tease ..rub our noses in it :p
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Nah.... there was a bunch of guys and ladies banned from men's health website, so they started their own site.

I wasn't banned from MH, but their site is a whole lot more fun.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Nah.... there was a bunch of guys and ladies banned from men's health website, so they started their own site.

I wasn't banned from MH, but their site is a whole lot more fun.

So now everrrryone wants to know ...what site? ..you are a little teaser aren't you ..
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I confess it felt pretty awesome to win an event at my competition today and that my team coach asked me to skate with her out of all the people she could have. It was also special to have my brother there to watch since he was mt first ever skating partner and it was so sweet how proud my partner's parents were and her grand parents...and it feels pretty awesome when people go out of their way to tell you how great you skated and how they liked your program

Thats awesome you won an event..sounds like it was a brilliant evening ..
    Congrats ..
  • gailsheehan7
    gailsheehan7 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I confess that i love these confessions
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I confess it felt pretty awesome to win an event at my competition today and that my team coach asked me to skate with her out of all the people she could have. It was also special to have my brother there to watch since he was mt first ever skating partner and it was so sweet how proud my partner's parents were and her grand parents...and it feels pretty awesome when people go out of their way to tell you how great you skated and how they liked your program

Congrats!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options

Proud of you!! That must really feel great. Look at your medal! :smiley:
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Today is WrestleMania, and I confess it's treated like a freaking holiday in my house.

Amazon Prime just made available a ton of old 80's and 90's USWA footage. Also a Netflix documentary about GLOW.

gf51l05l78z3.png
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,785 Member
    Options
    True idiocy in the gym......wearing plastic clothing......like fighters do to drop weight....and this was a fluffy persin....not someone getting ready for the fight of their life......please.....i know CPR......dont make me practice!!!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Today is WrestleMania, and I confess it's treated like a freaking holiday in my house.

Happy wrestlemania day
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

I confess that this is awesome! Congrats again!

Thanks to you and everyone else. we realized we should have been in a higher level event which had competitors who were young enough to be my daughters. Funny enough qe would have won it easily as well. Next year I guess
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

That is awesome!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I confess that I love the attention I get now that lost a lot of weight.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I confess that I feel ragey that I can't do back squats or Good Mornings with barbell because of my stupid bicep. I needs dem gainz yo! :s

take it easy and please don't rush it; you're doing great, there's no need to hurt yourself
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess songs are making me cry today.