True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I feel like an awful friend a lot of the time... then sometimes I remember if I'm the only one making an effort, it's not a real friendship, is it?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    tjiddy wrote: »
    I confess that I don't think she likes me how she used to and I'm okay with that

Most people are always looking for the next best thing. It's not you, its them.

I just mentioned this the other day in a conversation. I am afraid that in the future no one will ever be satisfied :'(

It's because the younger generation is growing up to value nothing. Everything is superficial and no one wants to work towards anything.

Yep. It makes me really sad. Like all relationships are doomed. The future is scary

on a long enough timeline, everything/where/one is doomed. being alive is like being on a rollercoaster with no brakes in so many ways. eventually everything goes off the rails no matter if you're wearing a seatbelt or not.

that said, is it any wonder there's *always* going to be people who want to try new experiences with new people and won't ever be satisfied?

For you, that's quite insightful.

Wait.

.... was that passive aggressive?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I feel like an awful friend a lot of the time... then sometimes I remember if I'm the only one making an effort, it's not a real friendship, is it?

Nope, you're 100% correct.

• Motorsheen
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    what's wrong with any generation is a function of what was wrong with the previous generation. We learn relationship skills from our parents.

Yeah! Let's blame them; I like it.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I confess it was a bit weird when some guy walked by at the science centre and said he liked my boots and was funny when the boys teacher turned to me and said well that was weird
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    what's wrong with any generation is a function of what was wrong with the previous generation. We learn relationship skills from our parents.

What I learned from my parents is not jump into marriage. My dad is on his 4th, and he is miserable.
  • synchkat
    Options

Aren't we supposed to blame our parents for everything?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Aren't we supposed to blame our parents for everything?

No?
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    No we are supposed to learn from them...how we interpret the lessons is another matter.
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    i am crazy about yogurt and cereal, i often let my puppy eat some of it and shes crazy about it to :D
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    i am crazy about yogurt and cereal, i often let my puppy eat some of it and shes crazy about it to :D

Everyone should be crazy about cereal
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

Everyone should be crazy about cereal

You mean there are people who aren't? Weirdos.
  • synchkat
    Options
    I confess I don't love cereal cause I don't like milk
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I put cereal in my ice cream sometimes. It's delicious.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I confess that the grammar error in one of the post titles is making me mental.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    relynne wrote: »
    I confess that the grammar error in one of the post titles is making me mental.

Only one?

Ha! It's the most egregious one. And my grammar pet peeve.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I confess that I don't think she likes me how she used to and I'm okay with that

Most people are always looking for the next best thing. It's not you, its them.

I just mentioned this the other day in a conversation. I am afraid that in the future no one will ever be satisfied :'(

It's because the younger generation is growing up to value nothing. Everything is superficial and no one wants to work towards anything.

Yep. It makes me really sad. Like all relationships are doomed. The future is scary

on a long enough timeline, everything/where/one is doomed. being alive is like being on a rollercoaster with no brakes in so many ways. eventually everything goes off the rails no matter if you're wearing a seatbelt or not.

that said, is it any wonder there's *always* going to be people who want to try new experiences with new people and won't ever be satisfied?

The word "satisfied" means different things to different people

Boy..... does it ever!