True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• tracidcooper
    tracidcooper Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I confess that I could eat the rear off of a horse right now and this 1,200 calorie a day diet sucks!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I confess that I could eat the rear off of a horse right now and this 1,200 calorie a day diet sucks!

Focus on nutrition and cut the empty and liquid calories.

Best of luck.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I talk too much, assuming that person gives a rats *kitten*. I guess since I'm genuinely interested in people I think others are too.

And I overthink everything. It's exhausting.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »
    Sometimes I talk too much, assuming that person gives a rats *kitten*. I guess since I'm genuinely interested in people I think others are too.

And I overthink everything. It's exhausting.

Right there with you, sister. Every day, all the time.
  • cjarmstrong1234a
    cjarmstrong1234a Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've haven't done any housework and left it all for my husband because I've been too absorbed in my meal planning & food prep. I also confess that I usually don't do housework anyway. :) My husband treats me like a queen and does most of it. :)
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I confess I've felt like the world's worst mom since leaving the pediatrician's office yesterday. My son is growing like he should (he's a giant!), but I had to explain the bruises on his legs from running around outside with other, bigger, kids and dogs while we were out of town for my grandfather's funeral. I felt like I was being judged for letting my kid play. Then, she told me that while he is measuring 'advanced' for problem solving and gross motor skills and 'average' for fine motor skills, he is in the "watch" area, meaning potentially delayed, for speech development. She said if he's not improved in 6 months, she'll be referring us to a speech therapist.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I've felt like the world's worst mom since leaving the pediatrician's office yesterday. My son is growing like he should (he's a giant!), but I had to explain the bruises on his legs from running around outside with other, bigger, kids and dogs while we were out of town for my grandfather's funeral. I felt like I was being judged for letting my kid play. Then, she told me that while he is measuring 'advanced' for problem solving and gross motor skills and 'average' for fine motor skills, he is in the "watch" area, meaning potentially delayed, for speech development. She said if he's not improved in 6 months, she'll be referring us to a speech therapist.

While she may be an expert, you still know your kid better than anyone. Don't dare feel like a bad mom.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I confess that a lot of what I read in these forums I find absolutely ridiculous, and lately have found it increasingly hard to bite my tongue......if I said what was on my mind most times I'd be the biggest D nozzle on the board

Thanks for showing restraint..as must we all , for fear of joining the banned ones :D
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I think I graduated to adult level 3. I quite like it.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    I think I graduated to adult level 3. I quite like it.

How many levels are there?
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    _dixiana_ wrote: »

While she may be an expert, you still know your kid better than anyone. Don't dare feel like a bad mom.
    lstrat115 wrote: »

He is an only child and by the sounds of it he doesn't have much interaction outside of you and your husband. I know you don't live in a highly populated area, but look into play dates or kid activities. Make him ask for things. Dont assume what he wants or allow him to nod his head for answers. Encourage him to "use your words" and limit electromic usage for everyone in the family so that there is a lot of verbal communication going on. He will be fine, even if he ends up having to have speech therapy. You shouldn't let someone make you feel like a bad parent if you are doing everything you can for him. All kids progress at different stages.

Totally normal. Many times kids who are advanced in fine motor skills may be a bit delayed in gross motor skills. I wouldn't worry about it at all at this age.
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »

Don't worry about it. He's a normal little toddler who has a wonderful mom <3

Thanks y'all. He's been doing better with words lately... He asked for his banana this morning for the first time. And his language comprehension is obvious. I'm hoping his verbal skills will improve like his comprehension did. That seemed to happen overnight.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I'm baking homemade chocolate chip cookies as a method of seduction.

Can you tell me how well it works? I usually go with lasagna.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

I went with coconut meringue pie. Homemade crust, filling and perfect meringue. Really I just made it to seduce myself with. So far, it's working.
  • FeraFilia
    Options

I went with coconut meringue pie. Homemade crust, filling and perfect meringue. Really I just made it to seduce myself with. So far, it's working.

Anything with meringue would seduce me! Sounds yummy. I am so bad at meringues.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Both of my girls had speech therapy. They are thriving now and know words I don't lol he's a normal little boy, it's clear u and yr husband dobt on him. Never feel like a bad mum, you're amazing!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I confess that a lot of what I read in these forums I find absolutely ridiculous, and lately have found it increasingly hard to bite my tongue......if I said what was on my mind most times I'd be the biggest D nozzle on the board

Let her rip tater chip.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I confess, my ex was extremely horrible (again) via email over the weekend and has put me back to square one. Blamed me for my last relationship being abusive because I'm a *kitten*. Sick of feeling sad and used :-(
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I confess I'm no good at making friends. I like people but when I have to talk to them privately I never know what to say... This also goes for messages. So I just don't reply or I'll just start doing something that doesn't require any interaction.
    People have mistaken this for arrogance but honestly it's insecurity. I'm not ignoring them, I just don't know how to be personal or close to people.

I feel the same way. Except I do like talking via message, it's kinda my favourite thing.
    Sometimes when I do talk to people I just start rambling on and don't even remember what I say.