• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess that I find this place less entertaining each day. Several months ago there was a lot of silly stuff and laughing and people knew that it was all jokes, sarcasm and teasing. Now I see posts and everyone is offended, complaining or in an attention horse competition. I roll my eyes and yawn now instead of laughing my butt off.

post reported.

BLOCKED

Dammit!

.... not that you would see this anyway

I only have one person on 'ignore'.

It's me isn't it :(

pffft.... c'mon now, you know your an absolute Favorite!

My heart just skipped a beat :) errrm does this mean I can ask you for noodz now :#

ask and ye shall.....

Waiting.... :p .....

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    I confess I'm nervous about going to the gym in the morning because one of the regulars started sending me sketchy messages on Facebook. He seemed nice at first, but now I'm creeped out.

He offered to mow my yard for me, asked me to go hiking twice, made the comment that my truck looked lonely in the parking lot at work, and said he could "keep me busy if I'd let him. "

The gym has become my happy place and I don't want this to ruin it for me.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    I bluntly told him I'm not interested in dating right now and I'm focusing on myself. I think I hurt his feelings or pissed him off because he didn't reply back.

It will be interesting to see how he acts when I see him again. I'm changing my route home to work in case he is following me.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    I confess I'm nervous about going to the gym in the morning because one of the regulars started sending me sketchy messages on Facebook. He seemed nice at first, but now I'm creeped out.

He offered to mow my yard for me, asked me to go hiking twice, made the comment that my truck looked lonely in the parking lot at work, and said he could "keep me busy if I'd let him. "

The gym has become my happy place and I don't want this to ruin it for me.

That part is *kitten* creepy as *kitten*

Um right? You need to tell him to settle down a smidge.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    I bluntly told him I'm not interested in dating right now and I'm focusing on myself. I think I hurt his feelings or pissed him off because he didn't reply back.

It will be interesting to see how he acts when I see him again. I'm changing my route home to work in case he is following me.

When you have to do things like change your route, that's insane. That's your personal freedom you have to be worried about and it's B.S. That's where protective dad in me kicks in and I'm like... I'll keep
    an eye on him...have a chat if needed.

I appreciate it Daddy-O
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member

When you have to do things like change your route, that's insane. That's your personal freedom you have to be worried about and it's B.S. That's where protective dad in me kicks in and I'm like... I'll keep
    an eye on him...have a chat if needed.

I appreciate it Daddy-O

I'm about to come to WY and teach this guy some manners. I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I'm so proud of you for taking steps to improve yourself and this jacka$$ is making things difficult for you.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member

Oh geez.... Be careful, S. That's insane.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    I baked a Carrot Spice cake for my step-mother's birthday - I licked the bowl.
  • shortgirlsneedlovetoo
    shortgirlsneedlovetoo Posts: 4,592 Member
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    I get annoyed that ppl don't realise that their forced "I'm a straight talking, no B.S, shoot from the hip" kinda person isn't an excuse to be rude.

There is a difference being blunt & to the point and just being rude and offensive. Tough love isn't the only way to be, expand your skill set.

Love this! A @MrStabbems
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    I get annoyed that ppl don't realise that their forced "I'm a straight talking, no B.S, shoot from the hip" kinda person isn't an excuse to be rude.

There is a difference being blunt & to the point and just being rude and offensive. Tough love isn't the only way to be, expand your skill set.

Love this! A @MrStabbems

Agree with all of this. Not sure if this concept is from a management book or if rudeness is just creeping into every part of society. But tough love is certainly not leadership.
  • slimgirljo15
    It seems people would rather have affirmation than information.

Is that a confession?
  • slimgirljo15

Is that a confession?

Yes....I confess I dislike that very much

I see ....probably true..I guess it depends on the information ..
  • slimgirljo15

Is that a confession?

That's not really the point. Not all information is good.....

Who decides if its good or not?
  • slimgirljo15

Is that a confession?

That's not really the point. Not all information is good.....

That's true but i feel like you've missed the point entirely. The point is the delivery.

Extreme example:

A: Your dad's dead. Suck it up and stop using it as crutch.

B: I know your dad's passing had a big effect on you. You know he wouldn't want you to stop doing the things you love.

Some people will need A. Most will need B. Being A all the time makes you an A...

Yep...exactly