30 day shred 21st of June till the 21st of July

Options

Replies

• belkyc
    belkyc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess I'm not alone here, but is anyone else having trouble staying motivated to do the Shred all the time? I get kind of sick of doing the same thing over and over again many days in a row or in a week. I know I signed up for this challenge, but I am getting sick of Shredding already. Just wanted to see if I'm alone on this.

No youre not alone. This is when we stick together and fight thru. After day 3 I started muting her voice and just putting my own music. I even watch TV at times. Im looking forward to starting Level 2 today, change of pace.
    I am concerned that I really abused the calories today. I was streating ( stress eating). Picking at random things, anything I could put in my mouth really. a bit upset about that.
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    L3D10 I was going to rest but I'm glad I was able to complete my day! :bigsmile: and finally tomorrow is FRIDAYYYYYY
  • SoliQ
    Options
    I don't get tire of it, it's a challenge every day to be able to finish the workout, actually I can't wait to get home and start my workout and be done to enjoy my family without feeling guilty. Be positive and don't see it like a punishment, enjoy and feel your muscles burning, try different levels, maybe another workout dvd. Don't give up!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I put on a tv show Tuesday when I did the dvd (dvd on computer) in the same room. Maybe I'll do that again. It made it go by faster.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    The Shred is only part 1 of my morning workout so, even if I find it repetitive after a few days, I know I have another workout that is different coming after. And it is only 20 minutes or so--I can do almost anything for 20 minutes!

L1 D 8 done today. Have a good weekend everyone--be mindful of what you eat at all those barbeques and parties!
  • Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done. I look forward to doing the dvd in the morning. It is hard and I definately feel it working but it feels like such an accomplishment when I am done it. I go to the gym 5 days a week (2 x week weight training, 2 x week abs) and 30 to 60 minutes interval training on the treadmill, bike or elliptical each time. I have definately noticed the muscle soreness when I'm lifting the weights now at the gym which I never did before; so that's gotta be a good thing!
  • SoliQ
    Options
    Took day off today but I will continue tomorrow. I'm ready for the weekend
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Day 9 done! Have a great weekend, everyone.
  • Shylin
    Options
    L1D7 done......one week down ! :D
  • SoliQ
    Options
    L3D11 done for the day, have a nice weekend!!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I was going to take today off but decided to finish level 1 instead. I will start level 2 on Tuesday and so my off days will be Monday and Friday now.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

gfourthofjuly5.gif
  • SoliQ
    Options
    Sunday off - family came over the weekend, tomorrow will continue my journey. Don't give up!!
  • Shylin
    Options
    I took yesterday off being the 4th and all and usually it's a day I take off from the gym anyway. I did L1D8 today and then proceeded to watch L2 boy it looks real hard. Seems there are alot of plank moves which are hard for me because I tend not to have much upper arm strength. We'll in a few days I'll be trying L2 and see how it goes.
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    I've completed 10 days of level 1 and done 2 days of level 2. But I don't think the Shred is the right work out for me. It is really too hard on my knees. And it seems like I'm modifying so much I'm not sure I'm getting the most out of my time. So, I'm dropping out of this challenge for now. Maybe after I get below the 200lb mark it I can try again. For now, I'm continuing with my Leslie Sansone work outs for cardio and a new kettlebell work out I found that combines pilates and yoga moves that is much more low impact. Good wishes to all of you!
  • SoliQ
    Options
    L312 back on track and used my new HRM love it!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Level 2, Day 1 done--funny, I have no trouble with plank moves but ALL kinds of trouble with push-ups! Still working on those besides doing my workouts.
  • Shylin
    Options
    I've done L1 for 8 days so decided to try L2 today. Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought.
  • SoliQ
    Options
    L3D13 still lov my HRM, I was very happy this morning, I don't see the scale going down but I can feel that my clothes are getting loose, c-ya manana.
  • belkyc
    belkyc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone Im back. I must say that due to that July 4th long weekend I did terrible. I came across a little piece of heaven I thought was a myth and could not pass up on. For those of you who have tried FRIED OREO will agree it was soooo worth it. I did get very upset later after cookouts and that Oreo, luckily I only ate one so I was determined to sweat my butt off.
    Ive been doing my workouts dilligently, still no days off. So last night I did L2D16, half way there! Havent noticed any more weight loss but can definately tell in my clothes. Level 2 is really hard since the planks require lots of upper strength that i dont have. At times ill do the moderate version which is ok, cause i really push myself. I did wake up with a sore neck today and am dreading working out tonight. I can only imagine what Level 3 will be like. Goodness!
  • Shylin
    Options
    Did L2 D2 today. How is everyone else doing?