30 day shred 21st of June till the 21st of July

Options

Replies

• clarejacobs
    Options
    L1D5 complete. Had a day off yesterday as was too tired when I got up! Also have a new treadmill but only managed 7 miuntes. Will try for more later!

Keep going

CLare xx
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    Robin--Good job!!! I don't modify the jumping jacks, but I know you could. Just do side step outs (one leg at a time) while doing the arm motions. You don't want to screw up your knees. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I've lost 0.5 pounds. I am up a bit from my ticker, but hopefully that won't last long.

Thanks so much for your encouragement. And thanks for yours too Kathy. I did the modified Jumping Jacks and was still able to keep my heart rate up in my target range with out all the knee pain! Yea! L1D8 complete:happy:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    L1 D6 done. It's good to be back on track!
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    I forgot to log in yesterday...Finished L1D8 and like I said before...there is no way I am going to be ready for L2 on D11...but that is okay. It is going to be a struggle to shred today. I am at work until 9 ish, so planning on a walk at lunch. If I manage to get home before 8:30 I will try to convince myself to do it.

I am tired...my knees ache. I know I should take a day off, but not sure if I can keep my calories in line if I don't exercise.

Tomorrow I leave for Family Reunion. It is going to be tough to find time to exercise there (except golf tourney) and to control my eating and alcohol. I have been thinking about taking my DVD with me and sneaking off to my mom's (10 minutes away) and shredding every day...would that be weird? Or should I just take the weekend off exercise...try to control eating/drinking...and not worry about it?
  • Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Did L1D3. My whole body felt achy this morning so I know it's working! I decided to cut down to the 3 pounds weight today too. I think starting with 5 was overly ambitious LOL. It always feels good when I get thru the whole thing though. I'm still working out in the gym in the evenings too but this is kicking my butt! :D
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    L1 d7 so tired today not feeling too swuft at all.. think i might give my body a break and not walk tonight give it a chance to catch up i guess... but i did walk 2 miles yesterday
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    L1 D6 did not go very well for me. I was hoping that by now i would be able to get through most of level 1 without stopping but today I started feeling like I was going to puke. Not sure why but I got mad and turned it off when there was about 5 minutes left and took a shower. I'll get back at it again in the morning and hopefully start feeling stronger soon. I'm not going to level up to 2 till I can get through all of 1 without stopping. I havne't watched level 2 so I have no idea what's in store.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Did Level 1 tonight a few hours after my 4.7 mile run. :smile: That's day 7 for me.
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    L3D8 had to stay late at work but... as soon as I got home I did my workout and feel like new, I will make sure I eat all my calories to burn my unwanted fat. Can't wait till tomorrows workout. :smokin:
  • SoliQ
    Options
    Level 2 is not that bad, actually it was better than level 1 for me, good luck tomorrow and don't give up.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi all

It is so great to see that everyone is doing so well! I have been so naughty and haven´t done the shred for the past three days. I am on holidays at my family and it is hard to find the time. I should be doing it tonight..also I will start running again tonight as I have to train for the 5k which coming closer and closer....but well done to all you!!

keep the good work up!!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    For those of you having difficulty with level 1--The first time did this, I did level 1 twice and then found that (for me, anyway) level 2 was actually easier than level 1! Jillian says to not move on until you're ready but maybe you should give level 2 a try if 1 is proving difficult--maybe you'll find it easier, too.
    Going to Shred now. L1 D 7.
  • belkyc
    belkyc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Last night I got home at 10pm and after losing my first 5 lbs I was determined to workout considering how exhausted I was.
    I also measured my body but didnt notice much loss if not any. I completed last night L1D9 and I still have to stop in some
    places. Modified push ups, Im using 3lb weights. I know my neck is not invited to the party LOL, but it does hurt a bit. Maybe I
    slept wrong or something. Those bicycle crunches at the end are my nightmare. I will be doing day 10 today, trying to get
    thru it without much difficulty and start level 2 tomorrow. I have not had a day rest since Im doing this cold turkey and do not
    want to fall off the wagon. Feel free to add me on as a friend since I need all the encouragement possible.
    Thanks! Keep up the good work guys!
  • belkyc
    belkyc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :happy: Shylin ......113 Lbs, thats amazing!
  • Shylin
    Options
    :happy: Shylin ......113 Lbs, thats amazing!

Thank you! I just did L1D4 felt a little easier than yesterday.
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    L1D9 completed today...thank god! Tomorrow is supposed to be my day off, but think I'll go ahead and do it, then take Friday off before starting level 2. Even though I had to modify the jumping jacks, I can definitely tell a difference from when I started day 1.
  • SoliQ
    Options
    L3D9 done!! be back tomorrow
  • clarejacobs
    Options
    L1D6 complete. Might try L2 tomorrow!
  • Shylin
    Options
    L1D5 done. Felt much easier today.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess I'm not alone here, but is anyone else having trouble staying motivated to do the Shred all the time? I get kind of sick of doing the same thing over and over again many days in a row or in a week. I know I signed up for this challenge, but I am getting sick of Shredding already. Just wanted to see if I'm alone on this.