30 day shred 21st of June till the 21st of July

Options

Replies

• sugarskull5
    Options
    awww I missed it, that would of been so great for me, I need that extra support
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    awww I missed it, that would of been so great for me, I need that extra support
    I think you can still jump in.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    back on track! Day 3 done! Feeling good today. Still can't fully master the push ups but I did more today than Tues...so that has gotta be something.
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    After taking yesterday off due to my lower back pain... Today I completed Level 1 Day 3.

I actually did every single jumping jack today! I was way proud of that as before I was modifying them, but it seems my new nifty knee brace is helping with that. :happy: Still doing wall push ups rather than trying to do them on the ground. I just can't put that much pressure on my knee (and no way can I do the regular ones). I have a nice yoga mat but I think I am going to look for something with a bit more cusion so that I can get down and try them.

On to day 4! :flowerforyou:

Christine
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Oh my gaa, I feel like Im totally sucking at this! Day one OK, Day 2 OK but sore, Day 3 I was exhausted and couldn't hardly finish any parts of it. Day 4 I took a break! I will be back at it in the morning hopefully feeling stronger!

Have a good day 5!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 Day 4 this morning (I was going to take Th. and Sun. off) because my dd is having contractions and she wants me at the hospital with her. Still no sign of the baby, though, and she's resting in her bedroom right now. We'll just have to wait and see.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Taking a rest day today. Back tomorrow!
  • kaymiller2
    kaymiller2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Ok, I don't know if i am doing the crunches wrong, or what, but my neck is sore! I have never done crunches before, but I follow her instructions to a T. Maybe its cause my abs are so weak from 4 babies? and the push-ups are killer! but am slowly improving. I finished day 4 - WOOHOO!!! I am proud of me, and all of you that are sticking with this!

Day 5 - here we come!!
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    L1D4 complete
  • belkyc
    belkyc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok so I had my softball game and forced myself at 10 pm. 30 minutes later L1D4. Is anyone elses upper back killing or is it just me. Also my monthly visitor just arrived after 4 months of waiting since I stopped the pill. Not to make excuses but a foresee a humongous challenge! Let's keep moving!
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Completed L2D4, I just got Chalean Extreme and added the ab burner routine to my workout today, I feel great !!! I'm ready for tomorrows workout.
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    L1D5 done. I took the day off yesterday, today was easier. Although I can't complete all the moves, my endurance is much improved since day 1.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't know if i am doing the crunches wrong, or what, but my neck is sore! I have never done crunches before, but I follow her instructions to a T. Maybe its cause my abs are so weak from 4 babies? and the push-ups are killer! but am slowly improving. I finished day 4 - WOOHOO!!! I am proud of me, and all of you that are sticking with this!

Day 5 - here we come!!

Your neck shouldn't be sore. Try keeping your eyes on the ceiling at all times. When I was first learning to do crunches I kept my arms crossed on my chest so I wouldn't be tempted to pull on my neck. Concentrate on using just your abs to pull your body upward.

So, today is my day off as I am at the Birthing Center with my daughter and her partner. They are preparing to do an epidural soon. Just waiting for the anesthesiologist. (I may do a walking workout later as I have a lot of those on Realplayer. I know this is going to take some time yet!)
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    L1 Day 4 completed! Now off to play around on the Wii. Did some Wii Fit yesterday and today I went and bought EA Sports Active cause I found Game had it on sale for £19.99! Bargin. :happy:

pmjsmom - Hope that baby come soon.. must be very comfy in there! :tongue: Wishing your daughter the best. :flowerforyou:
  • belkyc
    belkyc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im hurting so much, Took pics last night and my boyfriend helped. Its funny cause I guess Im so used to holding my belly in
    that yesterday during our photo shoot i just let it hang and he said something along the lines of " Whoa". It was funny how
    he hadnt noticed. After that he just smiled and said " You can do it!". Nice save buddy.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Ok.moving along here. Those damn pushups will be the death of me. Handling the 2 min cardio way better now... Still not great with bicycle ab work...not very coordinated I guess. Anyways...day 4 down.
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    After that he just smiled and said " You can do it!". Nice save buddy.

Great stuff!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    * Ps: way to go pmjsmom for posting a link to 30-day shred in full online. My copy is burned from my sister and I burned all my TJ videos for her years ago and recently Chalene Extreme which I bought original still wrapped for $25 on Craigs List - woo!

How do you like ChaLean Extreme? I'm dying to try it but the cost is not in my budget.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    Despite my distaste for Jillian and her boring 30-day shred and my love for Chalene I decided to start a 5:00 am workout regime (and I’ve only worked out at night to Turbo Jam for 4 years now).

I’m pretty bummed at the moment (today is day 1) after logging to see it only burned 166 calories. I guess I’ll give it 30 days but that means I’ll definitely have to stick to a 1200 cal diet and no 2000cal maintenance/cheat Saturdays.
    Also, my HRM says it burns 247 and I don't do the cool-down. I'm sure I'm much bigger than you, but I can't believe you're not burning at least 10 calories a minute?

My HRM says I burned 271 calories doing Shred level 1.
  • SuzanneRogers
    Options
    Ladies I missed your start date. I did day 1 then did my brazilian butt lift sculpting and bum bum workouts the last few days. I will restart the Shred and try to keep up with you all.

HRM says I burn 271, my hr 168 during the cardio parts, low of 137.