30 day shred 21st of June till the 21st of July

Options

Replies

• ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    SOOOO excited to get started tomorrow! I have a new heart rate monitor that is on it's way to me [hopefully here tomorrow]. Will wait until after the 2nd post arrives to see if I get it. If not I am still going to start tomorrow anyway and just put in a guesstimate of what my calorie burn will be.

:happy:
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    I'd like to join the group. I actually bought the DVD yesterday and started it today. Hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow..lol
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to in too. I'll get up early to do this and then do my other workouts later in the day (when time allows). I have been kind of slacking lately, and I really need to do more strength. Keep me accountable too so I don't slack off on this.

What size weights are you all using? I think I'm going to start with 5s then maybe move up to my 8s later on.
  • eliblish
    eliblish Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I was supposed to be starting 2 weeks ago but my motivation took a nosedive. I'm ready now though! Good luck to everyone!
  • stacy_eckley
    Options
    I just started today. I have a few questions though. I bought mine on apple tv, so I didn't get all the info about the program. Do I workout everyday, or am I supposed to have rest days. Also, someone else mentioned that they did all 3, am I supposed to combine the workouts as I move through the stages. Love the workout. It's really fast and works the whole body.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Got in the first workout this morning. I'm going to post measurements and stuff later today, but my starting weight (ignore my ticker) is 155.6. I've been up a bit lately.
  • Thick80
    Thick80 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My DVD will be here tomorrow. I would love to joing everyone!! Good luck to us all!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I just started today. I have a few questions though. I bought mine on apple tv, so I didn't get all the info about the program. Do I workout everyday, or am I supposed to have rest days. Also, someone else mentioned that they did all 3, am I supposed to combine the workouts as I move through the stages. Love the workout. It's really fast and works the whole body.

According to a question asked elsewhere (I can't remember where right now!), Jillian recommends doing it 5 days a week with the 2 off days NOT being consecutive. So, M-T-W- off TH-F-Sa-off Su, for example. Most people, me included, do each level for 10 days and then move on. Adding the other levels to it is totally up to you but I won't be. I only have time for 30 minutes in the mornings and do other exercises later in the day. Good luck--am now off to start getting shredded!

Edited to add: Level 1, Day 1 done! Great workout!
  • dietsarethedeathofme
    Options
    So I started Day 1 Level 1 last night. I can feel it in my arms arms, (back fat area), and ham strings the most. I have never been able to finish a workout of 30 day shred and I did :-) I might of been drentched in sweat and beet red by the time I was done but I finished I am sooo soo happy! Goodluck to everyone...
    s.w. 217.5
    c.w. 210.5
    g.w. 135.0
  • sarahcscott3
    sarahcscott3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Looking to lose a few lbs for a wedding in July... gotta fit into my dress!
  • eliblish
    eliblish Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Day one down! Wow. Even though it's been a few months since I did this dvd, I wasn't expecting it too kick my butt this hard. My arms are like jello! I am determined to stick with it long enough to see results this time!!!
    Starting weight- 124.4 ( 4.4 pounds up from my last weigh in when I fell off the wagon. :sad: )
    Goal weight- 118

Waist- 27
    Hips- 36
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Day one down! I didn't know what to expect and didn't have any weights so I made it through OK. I will get me a set of weights soon, then Im sure it will be a whole different story! How did everyone do?
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    So I have completetd day one! it is hard but I feel great for completing it! I can really feel my arms though! I think they are my weakest part. The crunches were ok and the cardio got me out of breath! And I did really sweat! I wonder what I'll feel like tomorrow. I look forward to the point when it starts to get easier :laugh:

But for today well done to us all :smile:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I've been debating something. Let me know what you think. I've done the Shred before (and basically made it though once over a year ago). I was thinking about alternating levels each day, meaning I'd do level 1 one day then level 2 the next day then level 3 and start again at level 1. I've heard that you're not really supposed to work the same muscles two days in a row. What do you think?
  • Ms172u
    Ms172u Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Daisy,

I'm in too.. I have the DVD...Are we starting this tonight? I was doing the DVD two to three times a week and it is definitely intense, but worth every minute of it.

How does this all work with all of us doing the workout? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I just joined this website this morning..

Thanks
  • JacciSimms
    JacciSimms Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm ordering my today, but I'm in for Monday.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Hi Daisy,

I'm in too.. I have the DVD...Are we starting this tonight? I was doing the DVD two to three times a week and it is definitely intense, but worth every minute of it.

How does this all work with all of us doing the workout? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I just joined this website this morning..

Thanks
    We are all doing the 30 days of the Shred and telling if we did it daily, I believe. We're keeping each other accountable. :smile:
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Count me in! I bought it a while ago, did a couple days and then lost my mojo. Lets get it done together!

Edit: I'll actually start tomorrow as my evening is already packed with 60 minutes of yoga and 60 minutes of Zumba after work :-) Ill finish behind everyone on 7/2!
  • daniellevietti
    daniellevietti Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was hoping a new group would pop up! I started my Shred today also, the plan is to wake up a little early each day and do it in the morning. I've done it on and off for a week or so just to test the waters but am ready to commit. I'm hoping this will help push me below the 200 mark (203 now)!

I never thought such basic exercises could kill me. Who would have thought jumping jacks were that hard?? Hahaha

Good luck all!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi Ms172u

Yes as it has been said we all just do it daily (if that is what you're planning to do) and then post here daily once it's done. It's just to keep motivated and maybe share results. It just feels good when you've done the shred and then you can come here and share it!

I hope you'll enjoy it :smile: