30 day shred 21st of June till the 21st of July

Options

Replies

• ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    HRM says I burn 271, my hr 168 during the cardio parts, low of 137.

I only burn on average 150 when doing the Shred per my HRM. With a avg of 136 and a high of 163 BPM.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    L1D5 finished...I too struggle with pushups and the cardio jumping bits (maybe if I had some sport underwear to keep my jiggly parts from jiggling it would be better). Abs are okay...hurt first couple of days but better now...not so tired after either...thinking about taking puppy for a walk...

I don't think I will take a day off for a bit...will be gone July 1 - 5 or longer...so will get my break then.
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    L2D5 and did ab burner from Chalean Extreme, I will go to the aerobics class at the gym tomorrow and will buy a HRM soon. Don't stop even if you are sore.
  • belkyc
    belkyc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    L1D5 down. It seems so much more than that. When do we get a break? Is it two days off per level or per whole 30 day challenge?I'm exhausted and fearing level 2. Those bicycle situps are insane I can never finish them. Night everyone! Stay strong.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I just found this shred thread. I did shred 4 times this week...I am having surgery next Wed. and wanted to get some good workouts before my s. I have to say that I wore a swimsuit yesterday for the first time this summer. I felt "toned" (still need tolose 30lbs.) and hope to start shredding when I recover. I am excited to see that it is working for others. I love Losing it with Jillian...you gotta watch! What is the ChaLean workout?:drinker:
  • clarejacobs
    Options
    Hi everyone

Can I join you all aswell??

Started the 30 day shred on Thursday and now on L1D3. The first time I did it i thought I'm never going to get through 30 days of this but today I did most of the excercises. I'm finding the jumping jacks a little difficult due to big (.)(.) so will be investing in a sports bra over the weekend!!!!!! My 6 year old son also tried joining in some of the moves with me this morning. He said after that I looked slimmer already bless him!!

Been really good on my diet since Thursday so hopefully will have a good weight loss this week aswell.

Take care

Clare xx
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    Of course you guys can join in.. welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I might have to take today off, too, since I need to get back to the hospital. DD had to have a c-section but momma and baby are both doing fine.

It's not a good idea to take 2 days off in a row but I just don't know if I'll be able to get to it today--I hope I will tomorrow, though!
  • kmulhollen
    kmulhollen Posts: 54
    Options
    Crap! I would love to start with you but I'm a little late. I'm gonna try to find it today or order the DVD!
  • Shylin
    Shylin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun. I also have an important event in about 45 days that I would love to look awesome for! Just curious, are there any things you need to buy with this video, like weights, etc? I don't own any at home.
  • sugarskull5
    Options
    Did the first level 2day, Oh my gosh I couldn't believe how difficult it was, but I did it plus another 20 min of another DVD, I feel great
  • sugarskull5
    Options
    Does anybody know how to write it down on the exercise log? I'm adding it as 30 day shred and nothing is popping out, I'm not sure how many calories I'm burning :huh:
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    just found this!! day 4 of level one for me my legs are screaming sore!! i am also doing the 200 sit-up , 100 push ups and 200 squats challanges and im half way thru with that!! if anyone wants to join us its under 200 situp challange i think or you should be able to go under my current topics and link to it there.
    and as for logging 30 ds i put it in as circuit training.......
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    Does anybody know how to write it down on the exercise log? I'm adding it as 30 day shred and nothing is popping out, I'm not sure how many calories I'm burning :huh:

Most people use circuit training but the calories to me seem to be way high on that one. Before I got my HRM I just guessed at 150 and when I finally got my HRM I was in fact burning anywhere between 135 - 150 a session. Since you are changing from cardio to strength your heart rate has a chance to come down. I don't find it to burn that many calories. But everybody is different, I would say just take your best guess but try not to eat all of the calories since it may be wrong?
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    This sounds like fun. I also have an important event in about 45 days that I would love to look awesome for! Just curious, are there any things you need to buy with this video, like weights, etc? I don't own any at home.

Weights are required, most people use anywhere from 3-5 pounds.
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    Okay guys... I'm just going to be up front and honest about this.

I'm stopping the shred. It's not because I can't do it.. it's just because I don't think it is right for me right now. I know it is not all about calories but it is honestly only burning around 130 a session for me (per my HRM). I find myself continuing with some of the workouts after they are cooling down so that I can push myself to at least 150.

Now that I have EA Sports Active I have done that for the past two days and I feel it so much more after 30 minutes of that, and I burn around 165 - 175. Note a huge difference but I just feel it on more places on my body working with it. Plus after I move up to the longer workouts it will be even more.

I also feel it may be for people that are a bit fitter than me and those that need to 'tighten' up areas. I have no areas to tighten up until some of this fat falls off and that can only happen by burning calories.

Plus I am just bored to death watching the same video everyday. I find myself cringing at parts because I know exactly what is going to be said and what is coming next. I know it changes after 10 shreds but what can I say, it bores me. This is my first attempt at a workout video and maybe they are just not for me.

I don't want my dropping out to change anybody else's goal though... I wish everybody luck ! I know you all can do it!

:flowerforyou:
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    L1D6...still not through the vid without cheating a bit...but getting better every day...It does get boring, but I am persistant.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Done day 5 yesterday. I am doing ok with the cardio now which is good as I have to do the 5k run soon. Unfortunately I couldn't so it today which is annoying as I won't do it tomorrow too. I was flying to my home country today and just couldn't find the time and tomorrow it is family do in the morning and then watching the footbal with everyone. I am over here for almost 3 weeks will be a challenge as it feels like holidays but i'll stick to it. so iam back on monday! look forward to it!

great to see that everyone is doing so well....

Daisy
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    Completed L1D6 today. Will be taking the day off tomorrow. Endurance with cardio and abs is still getting better each day but strength was a little tougher today. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    took day off today but will continue tomorrow, I made sure I did eat the right calories for today. :yawn: