30 day shred 21st of June till the 21st of July

Options

Replies

• Neeti1021
    Neeti1021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm confused....I see everyone joining in but I don't know where to start. Is it too late? I would love to start but I don't know what dvd I need to purchase.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    In spite of being incredibly sore...abs chest butt thighs...I WILL SHRED TODAY!! but haven't yet. Plan is 8ish tonight....Yesterday I did shred then 55 min at 2.8 mph on treadmill...today will be shred only.
  • Thick80
    Thick80 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2 completed....and my legs are BURNING!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I'm confused....I see everyone joining in but I don't know where to start. Is it too late? I would love to start but I don't know what dvd I need to purchase.
    I think you can go ahead and jump in. You need Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred dvd.
  • kaymiller2
    kaymiller2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Level 1 - Day 3 DONE!!! WooHoo!!! I waited till I had done it for three days before jumping in.. afraid of commitment, I guess. But I am here tostay for the rest of the 30 days. I have a love/hate thing wioth that dvd. I am so so out of shape. day 4 - here I come!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    For those of you who don't know what this workout is like, here is a link to the dvd--it is actually the entire video but I only use it in 'emergencies' because it doesn't always play smoothly!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTMxNDMwNzY=.html

I will be taking Thursdays and Sundays off from the Shred.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Had to take the day off....TOM not too friendly today. That's ok...I am gonna work it tomorrow!
  • eliblish
    eliblish Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done! Well, day 2 really because I had to skip yesterday due to a cranky clingy baby. I decided to do level 2 to make up for not doing it yesterday. I'm sure I will pay for that tomorrow. :laugh:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done plus a 30 minute interval jogging workout on the treadmill.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    In spite of being incredibly sore...abs chest butt thighs...I WILL SHRED TODAY!! but haven't yet. Plan is 8ish tonight....Yesterday I did shred then 55 min at 2.8 mph on treadmill...today will be shred only.

Did it...L1D3 down....getting easier...modifying/resting less and less. At this rate I think I will be L1 for full 30....Will be taking time off during vacation next week anyway. Also wend for 1/2 hour walk with hubby and puppy tonight too.

Keep up the hard work Shredders!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 done. Yes, I am logging this at 5:44 am, lol!

Still doing modified push-ups (on my knees) but otherwise still going strong!!

I will probably skip tomorrow b/c I am doing the Relay for Life which means I will be awake 24 hours (hence 5 am work-out won't help). After work from 7pm to 7am Friday night ill be walking for cancer so I'm sure to burn hundreds of calories at that time even at a slow pace (as I'm sure it will get around 2:00 am lol!). I'm bringing Fiber Plus Antioxidant bars I bought in the US (regular Fiber Plus here has more calories less fiber), granny smith apples and dry all-bran flakes along with water, diet Pepsi and 1 5-hour energy I want to try at 2:00 am to see if it really works. Wish me luck staying awake! There is a BBQ at 6:30 but hopefully there is a chicken or veggie option, something I know will be less fat.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the chance to post yesterday but I have done day 3. I wasn't in the mood but I just kept telling myself that it is less than half an hour and then did it. It was ok. I am getting better with the cardio.
    I have done day 4 already. I have done it at 7.30am which is incredibly early for me! It went alright. I am still sweating of course but I felt it is a little less. Also I am much less sore today. Which is great! I was getting worried as I have a 5k run coming up on the 18th of July but I couldn't see myself running during the past few days. I think I go for one more day shredding only and then I'll have a little run in the mornings and shred in the evening....We'll see....

To all the new starters don't get discouraged! It hurts during the first few days but it does really get easier even though it might not feel likely in the beginning!

Keep it up the hard work! Tomorrow is already hal way of Level 1!!!

Daisy
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I will probably skip tomorrow b/c I am doing the Relay for Life which means I will be awake 24 hours (hence 5 am work-out won't help). After work from 7pm to 7am Friday night ill be walking for cancer so I'm sure to burn hundreds of calories at that time even at a slow pace (as I'm sure it will get around 2:00 am lol!). I'm bringing Fiber Plus Antioxidant bars I bought in the US (regular Fiber Plus here has more calories less fiber), granny smith apples and dry all-bran flakes along with water, diet Pepsi and 1 5-hour energy I want to try at 2:00 am to see if it really works. Wish me luck staying awake! There is a BBQ at 6:30 but hopefully there is a chicken or veggie option, something I know will be less fat.

I miss the Relay for Life! I recently moved and didn't get a chance to find a team this year. Next year for sure! Sounds like you have a good plan, too!

I was going to take today off but my daughter has FINALLY started having contractions so I'm going to Shred today because I think I'll have to take tomorrow off! I hope--the baby was due last week!

I've been averaging 3-4 miles with Leslie Sansone every afternoon after work.
  • kendra520
    kendra520 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it also...Im new to this website so if someone can fill me in on what the 30 day shred is and let me know exactly what I need to buy....Thanks!!
  • sarahcscott3
    sarahcscott3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I SO did not want to do it this morning, but I did anyway. I am on day 3 of level 1. Haven't lost any weight yet this week, have actually gained but we will see what the results are after the first week. I need to remember to not get frustrated!
  • sarahcscott3
    sarahcscott3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it also...Im new to this website so if someone can fill me in on what the 30 day shred is and let me know exactly what I need to buy....Thanks!!

Hi Kendra! You'll need to buy the workout DVD Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I found it at my local Target, but here's a link to Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY . You will also need some hand weights - I would recommend purchasing 3lbs. It's a short workout, but it will leave you panting and sweating. It's great if you don't have a ton of time to devote to working out!
  • johnsoag
    johnsoag Posts: 59
    Options
    count me in! I started awhile back and stopped due to lack of motivation! I'm sure this will help! i just need to find that DVD. lol
  • Thick80
    Options
    !
  • Thick80
    Options
    Level 1, Day 3....check! (ouch)
  • Luvilybri
    Luvilybri Posts: 19
    Options
    im in i been doing this on my own im on L1D4