Keep gaining weight but doing everything right

Options

Replies

• DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT I'M DOING IS RIGHT BUT IT'S NOT WORKING SO TELL ME WHY IT'S NOT WORKING BUT GOD HELP YOU IF YOU TRY TO SAY I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you're gaining weight over time, you're eating over maintenance level.
    ^^ this
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Ok. I didn't really read this since all these "why am I gaining weight" threads are the same, but are we sure this is for real. Is there really such a thing as Pro Badminton? That's actually kind of funny. I'm sure this is offensive, but in my mind badminton is in the same sports category as ping pong.

Except there's pro ping pong so...

I didn't know that. See MFP. No day you learn something is wasted. I just keep thinking of that Balls of Fury movie.

(edited to fix my dyslexic typing)

:laugh: Forgot about that movie!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but curling is also an olympic sport and have you seen those dudes? I wouldn't call them athletes.

The stones weigh in the neighborhood of 40 lbs each.

To carry those, while on ice, I would imagine requires a few athletic skills (strength, balance, etc)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Just checking to see if the OP is still refusing to open her diary, or as how many calories she eats.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »
    I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT I'M DOING IS RIGHT BUT IT'S NOT WORKING SO TELL ME WHY IT'S NOT WORKING BUT GOD HELP YOU IF YOU TRY TO SAY I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

The only TL;DR you need. ^
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Just checking to see if the OP is still refusing to open her diary, or as how many calories she eats.

She said she logged her food on Fitbit so she can't open her diary.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but curling is also an olympic sport and have you seen those dudes? I wouldn't call them athletes.

You obviously haven't seen Russia's Womens Curling team at last year's Olympics!! :o
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Well, it's apparently somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500-1800 calories but they're logged in her FitBit so we can't see them.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

We got a calorie range on pg 4, but she still mostly refuses to give us details or answer questions that might help.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    Options
    BoricuaUK wrote: »
    If I can manage on 1000 cals a day I can cut out 500, but I hope I won't get dizzy again, that is all.
    I'll see how it works for a while, thanks @rabbitjb

Lol

You're not gaining on 1000 calories a day.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    @acorsaut89 Depends on what level you play it. Like I said, I play both tennis and badminton and competitively. There is such a thing as pro badminton and I am doing it, only because it isn't as prestigious as tennis doesn't make it less real. I have sacrificed much to get to where I am and I also love it. There are a lot of training outside of badminton as well, like I mentioned, I swim and run and do weight training in addition, as of course badminton doesn't provide for everything.

@mccindy72 if you are taking it as an insult that is on you. I was genuinely happy for you that you found a good combo of things you can eat, not for the weight-loss but to relieve the IBS. As I said, I just started fodmap and need to adjust to it. I love broccoli and now I have to leave it out. Not sure how that is rude but sure whatever.

So this is funny . . . I wrote so much more than my question about badminton and the ONLY thing you answer is something to validate you and your situation . . .nothing else taken into consideration. I have sacrificed . . . my mom did, my neighbour did, heck probably the lady in front me at the grocery store on Sunday did too. We all have made sacrifices to get to where we are. You aren't the only one.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If I can manage on 1000 cals a day I can cut out 500, but I hope I won't get dizzy again, that is all.

Lol

She's not gaining on the 1800 tops she claims to be eating a day.

For the last time SCIENCE! PHYSICS! FACTS!

PS. Quietly enjoying this thread...........
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    Options

We got a calorie range on pg 4, but she still mostly refuses to give us details or answer questions that might help.

So, the truth is, she doesn't really know.

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

Lol

She could be maintaining on a poorly logged 1800, though. If her average TDEE is, say, 2100-2200
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the response in which OP suggested a scientific mechanism other than eating too much by which weight is not lost over time? No? Yet that supposedly can't be the answer or something.

Some people think they want help, but they don't.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    xr9wetaeba0h.jpg

This is all I have to say.
  • BoricuaUK
    BoricuaUK Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Really, I am the one being nasty? But people are insulting the sports I do, they are insulting me because I used a hyperbole and then saying I have said anywhere that science can be altered! Nowhere have I said "science can be altered". Nor have I taken every test possible, I am taking them. I had normal thyroid levels, but I did have surgery beginning of year cause by my digestive disorder so that I now have to eat meds for IBS and follow fodmap. Only because they haven't found the exact cause yet, doesn't mean there isn't anything even if it doesn't relate to weightloss. So making fun of someone who has awful symptoms isn't very nice.
    I've also said several times I will continue monitoring my food but everyone chose to not see that, but loved being nasty and attacking me personally.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You're the one making the passive-aggressive jabs at the nationality of a lot of people who've tried to help you.

Speaking of science, though, what's a scientific reason for failing to lose weight over time other than eating too much?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »

Lol

She could be maintaining on a poorly logged 1800, though. If her average TDEE is, say, 2100-2200

That's my point, if it's poorly logged it's not 1800.
This discussion has been closed.