• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    kkenseth wrote: »
    I'M HERE, I'M HERE! What have I missed?

tumblr_n27bkzkn3k1rfkogxo1_250.gif

You're in the wrong fo....Nope, nevermind. This is definitely an attention horse thread.

Can someone please give me a synopsis of the last five pages worth of comments, arguments, and LOLz?

No. I had to read the whole thing, so you should too.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    BoricuaUK wrote: »
    Bur at this point, what is happening now is that you are bullying me. I am one person and the majority are now making fun of and twisting everything I have said.
    I hope you have achieved what you wanted.

If you start weighing your food, yes, we've achieved what we wanted. But if you don't, you'll just keep NOT losing weight. And we'll keep losing weight. Whether you weigh your food is really only up to you. We can't twist your arm.

Also, public forum. I don't think anyone was bullying you, per se. It's just... well... you sound very combative to basic thermodynamic principles.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Bur at this point, what is happening now is that you are bullying me. I am one person and the majority are now making fun of and twisting everything I have said.

Do you have an understanding of calorie surplus, deficit and the basic means by which weight loss happens? If no, then what I want has not been achieved.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

No one has been mean. They told you the hard truth and you didn't want to believe it.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I hope you achieved what you wanted. Clearly, it wasn't to gather useful knowledge on why you've gained weight, but that's not here nor there. You are doing everything right like you told us in the title.
  • robspot
    robspot Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So, to summarise

You are a professional badminton and tennis player
    You gained 15kg in a year
    10kg of that gain may have been the result of a deliberate weight training programme
    The other 5kg was unintended
    You eat 1500-1800 calories at all times whether training or not
    When not training your weight stays the same
    When training (average of 3 hours a day) your weight increases

I'm afraid I don't know of any phenomena that can explain this
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Ok. I didn't really read this since all these "why am I gaining weight" threads are the same, but are we sure this is for real. Is there really such a thing as Pro Badminton? That's actually kind of funny. I'm sure this is offensive, but in my mind badminton is in the same sports category as ping pong.

Badminton was actually an exhibition game at the Olympics.

Both badminton and ping pong can burn a lot of calories. Both require you to fit.

I bet OP is very fit. I couldn't do what she does. But, even fit professional athletes can over eat and gain weight.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks, that fat american remark was also in response to a nasty remark made by someone else first.
    I have no need to start things, but I will defend myself.

So one person was supposedly nasty and you retaliate by insulting a whole nation? Well. Okay then?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    robspot wrote: »
    So, to summarise

10kg of that gain may have been the result of a deliberate weight training programme

It's like a riddle. "What thing becomes more on your plate the more you eat it?"
  • WBB55
    Options
    robspot wrote: »
    So, to summarise

It's like a riddle. "What thing becomes more on your plate the more you eat it?"
    Denial?
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You're still not listening, so no.

Maybe they have a different definition of "bullying" among those raised in Sweden, but telling you the truth isn't bullying.

Maybe it's something that comes along with knowing a portion size . . . I'm not really sure, I'm a fat neighbour to the Americans who don't know portion sizes.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Here is the point, even if I said no no no and no forever, there is no need for people to start bullying me. I think making fun of badminton is kind of a low blow.

Disputing your assertion your body is defying the laws of physics and you disagreeing is not bullying. And generally, when people are told the thing they're right about is wrong, they resort to the GIFS and memes because it's generally all downhill form there anyway.

CatWave.gif
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    @acorsaut89 Depends on what level you play it. Like I said, I play both tennis and badminton and competitively. There is such a thing as pro badminton and I am doing it, only because it isn't as prestigious as tennis doesn't make it less real. I have sacrificed much to get to where I am and I also love it. There are a lot of training outside of badminton as well, like I mentioned, I swim and run and do weight training in addition, as of course badminton doesn't provide for everything.

@mccindy72 if you are taking it as an insult that is on you. I was genuinely happy for you that you found a good combo of things you can eat, not for the weight-loss but to relieve the IBS. As I said, I just started fodmap and need to adjust to it. I love broccoli and now I have to leave it out. Not sure how that is rude but sure whatever.

Either you're incredibly naive, or being deliberately obtuse. You came on this thread looking for reasons as to why you aren't losing weight. When people said it's because you are eating too much, you said that's not it because of your medical issues and 'special diet'. I'm telling you that's not the case because I have similar issues and a special diet, too. Your weight loss issues have nothing to do with your medical issues or your special diet, they are because you are eating too much. I was insulted because although I am trying to explain that to you, you continue to disagree and make it sound as if you are somehow worse off because you are new to the special diet.
    Adjust? Let's not get into comparing lists of foods we have to give up, that's just sad. Obviously there's still food we can eat.
  • WBB55
    Options
    Here is the point, even if I said no no no and no forever, there is no need for people to start bullying me. I think making fun of badminton is kind of a low blow.

Disputing your assertion your body is defying the laws of physics and you disagreeing is not bullying. And generally, when people are told the thing they're right about is wrong, they resort to the GIFS and memes because it's generally all downhill form there anyway.

Speaking of defying laws of physics.

3lEDZF.gif
    71fe304da875c72618d7f96b04b1fccd.jpg

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options

PYnRve6.jpg
  • BoricuaUK
    BoricuaUK Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have stopped saying no for a long time now, the last two pages have been all of you bullying me and making fun of me.
    Is everyone feeling good now? Does it help if I say I don't feel well at all? Can we end this now?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    brinkmjl wrote: »
    You should check out Gary Taubes book "Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About it." He talks a lot about other reasons besides "you're eating too much" that people gain weight. He looks at case studies such as marathoners that have run the equivalent of 3 times around the globe, and yet still gain weight. It might help you gain another prespective about the chemicals in your body that cause weight gain beyond the simple calories in, calories out model.
    On a deficit no. If there's a hormonal or health issue, possibly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why not just accept if you are gaining weight over time then you are in surplus, its most likely you are eating more than you think, burning less or have set your calories at an incorrect level. Thats fundamental. It is that simple. until you are open minded enough to accept that, then you cnat really get closer to the answer you need.

Youve been asked loads of questions but give the impression that the basics of your calorie control are ineffective, hence your results. People are trying to help you.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

Let's just simmer down with the dramatics. You posted looking for help. People wanted to help by giving good, general advice. You declined all of it insisting that you are somehow outside the laws of thermodynamics and your some kind of weird medical case that should be studied.

You proceeded to insult Americans and deny every single piece of solid advice anyone gives.

If you aren't willing to listen then why post? That would be like hiring a coach and then not listening to anything he says, insisting you know the sport better.
This discussion has been closed.