Keep gaining weight but doing everything right

Options

Replies

• BoricuaUK
    BoricuaUK Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Here is the point, even if I said no no no and no forever, there is no need for people to start bullying me. I think making fun of badminton is kind of a low blow.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    BoricuaUK wrote: »
    Really, I am the one being nasty? But people are insulting the sports I do, they are insulting me because I used a hyperbole and then saying I have said anywhere that science can be altered! Nowhere have I said "science can be altered". Nor have I taken every test possible, I am taking them. I had normal thyroid levels, but I did have surgery beginning of year cause by my digestive disorder so that I now have to eat meds for IBS and follow fodmap. Only because they haven't found the exact cause yet, doesn't mean there isn't anything even if it doesn't relate to weightloss. So making fun of someone who has awful symptoms isn't very nice.
    I've also said several times I will continue monitoring my food but everyone chose to not see that, but loved being nasty and attacking me personally.

Where do you feel like everyone was attacking? And everyone was nasty? We want to report all of them, if so.

Or... I dunno... could it be you're being (naturally) defensive when confronted with questions regarding your exact intake? It's ok to be defensive. It's a natural response to a mirror being held in front of you that you don't want to look in.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    For that lady who doesn't think Pro Badminton is a serious sport. I don't see any overweight ppl in these matches:
    https://youtu.be/Pz1f5h85DZ8
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Here is the point, even if I said no no no and no forever, there is no need for people to start bullying me. I think making fun of badminton is kind of a low blow.
    But making fun of being an American is peachy?

I now vote "troll."

• WBB55
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    For that lady who doesn't think Pro Badminton is a serious sport. I don't see any overweight ppl in these matches:
    https://youtu.be/Pz1f5h85DZ8
    I actually was considering taking up competitive badminton before I decided to first try roller derby.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

So is making fun of Americans.

Did I miss the response in which OP suggested a scientific mechanism other than eating too much by which weight is not lost over time? No? Yet that supposedly can't be the answer or something.

Some people think they want help, but they don't.

From reading her posts I gather she's convinced it's some sort of undiagnosed medical condition
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I made fun of curling and ping pong too. But, I'm a fat American.
  • WBB55
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I made fun of curling and ping pong too. But, I'm a fat American.
    An american who doesn't know what portion sizes are, don't forget that part.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here:
    Screen-Shot-2015-01-21-at-09.02.48.png

Because being useful clearly isn't helping, I'm just going to embrace being "nasty".
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    For the person that doesn't know pro badminton exists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdX50KdkdIg
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I'M HERE, I'M HERE! What have I missed?

tumblr_n27bkzkn3k1rfkogxo1_250.gif

You're in the wrong fo....Nope, nevermind. This is definitely an attention horse thread.
  • BoricuaUK
    Options
    Thanks, that fat american remark was also in response to a nasty remark made by someone else first.
    I have no need to start things, but I will defend myself.
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

So is making fun of Americans.

Did I miss the response in which OP suggested a scientific mechanism other than eating too much by which weight is not lost over time? No? Yet that supposedly can't be the answer or something.

Some people think they want help, but they don't.

From reading her posts I gather she's convinced it's some sort of undiagnosed medical condition
    Doesn't matter if it is a medical condition. If she's not losing weight, she's eating more than she's burning. Period. Now, maybe a medical condition skews the numbers, but it still comes down to eating too much.

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ok people. I get it. Badminton really is a sport. For me, it was just something we played at my grandma's house when I was a kid 30 years ago. I did like that you guys called me "the lady" who didn't know....I'm a lady. Damn right.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    1338154336424_5050259.png
  • BoricuaUK
    Options
    Bur at this point, what is happening now is that you are bullying me. I am one person and the majority are now making fun of and twisting everything I have said.
    I hope you have achieved what you wanted.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I'M HERE, I'M HERE! What have I missed?

tumblr_n27bkzkn3k1rfkogxo1_250.gif

3439783.gif
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Ok. I didn't really read this since all these "why am I gaining weight" threads are the same, but are we sure this is for real. Is there really such a thing as Pro Badminton? That's actually kind of funny. I'm sure this is offensive, but in my mind badminton is in the same sports category as ping pong.

Badminton was actually an exhibition game at the Olympics.

Both badminton and ping pong can burn a lot of calories. Both require you to fit.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Disputing your assertion your body is defying the laws of physics and you disagreeing is not bullying. And generally, when people are told the thing they're right about is wrong, they resort to the GIFS and memes because it's generally all downhill form there anyway.
  • DeguelloTex
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Bur at this point, what is happening now is that you are bullying me. I am one person and the majority are now making fun of and twisting everything I have said.
    I hope you have achieved what you wanted.
    You're still not listening, so no.

Maybe they have a different definition of "bullying" among those raised in Sweden, but telling you the truth isn't bullying.

This discussion has been closed.