Real women have curves.

Char231023
Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
I was curious on what everybody's thoughts on this were.

I personal can't stand this reference. To me it just screams FA which I don't agree with at all. Most overweight women want to lose weight. Why not just because society says you should be a certain size but also because they are uncomfortable being the weight that they are.

This whole FA thing seems to me to be a cop out. Well I can't lose weight or exercise so I am going to be fat and have health problems, but that's ok because I love my curves and you have to accept me. NO! I say get off your *kitten* and do something that will improve your health and well being. Weather it be walking a little bit more or eating less. People need to start taking responsibility for their weight. You let your self get into an unhealthy state.

I am sure I am going to get some differing opinions here, but I wanted to share my reasons for rejecting FA and the whole "real women have curves" thing.

I might even get flagged, but i had to get this off my chest.

I also understand there are medical reasons for weight gain. This is not what I am addressing.

Replies

• GlenzioFitness
    GlenzioFitness Posts: 255 Member
    It depends what curves we talking about here, if its anything like the obese models being promoted as having a perfect body then definitely not
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    My first thought is that it's just exclusionary and assumes that only one look is the right look. That's just not the case.
  • tylahquartez323
    tylahquartez323 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Yes but most people misinterpret this this doesn't mean 200 lb women it means fit with curves ie Ana Cheri :p
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    I love curves on a woman, but what size curves are you talking about, healthy curves or curves with their own curves going on? Two different types in my opinion.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    A "real woman" is a woman who exists.

Skinny-shaming and fat-shaming both suck and are detrimental to women in general.

The end.

Agreed!!!
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Yes but most people misinterpret this this doesn't mean 200 lb women it means fit with curves ie Ana Cheri :p

I have also heard that when people look at girls that compete in fitness competitions. People using that term That they aren't really women because they don't have curves. To me that is outrageous.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I personally love an athletic and fit look with some curves...I like Michelle Jenneke's curves...

xL1S5i0.jpg

michelle_jenneke_hipshake_loop.gif

that said, real women come in all different shapes and sizes...and people have a variety of preferences.
  • idrinkalotofwater
    idrinkalotofwater Posts: 251 Member
    All humans should be considered real.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    hunter0922 wrote: »
    It gets on my nerves how "larger" women bash smaller girls nowadays.]

Why does anyone have to bash on anyone?
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Char231023 wrote: »
    This whole FA thing seems to me to be a cop out. Well I can't lose weight or exercise so I am going to be fat and have health problems, but that's ok because I love my curves and you have to accept me. NO! I say get off your *kitten* and do something that will improve your health and well being. Whether it be walking a little bit more or eating less. People need to start taking responsibility for their weight. You let your self get into an unhealthy state.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I think the FA movement is absolutely ridiculous - an excuse to live an unhealthy lifestyle and never have to improve upon their physical fitness and eating habits.

I also hate the phrase "Real women have curves" because it implies that women who are not curvy are somehow not "real women." In my opinion, the "realest" women are those who work hard to not only have a body they are proud of visually, but a body with strength and abilities to also take pride in.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    I came in here to rant about hating that term. Thank you for being on my side. No one wants to hear me rant anyways.
  • zuzi_
    zuzi_ Posts: 554 Member
    oh I don´t like it at all.. curvy girls don´t like slim, and slim don´t like that with curvy ones.. its your body, its part of your identity and you are free to choose, what you want

I love my muscles, how I am getting stronger, how my abs are showing, but in the same time I like my chest, hips and butt whats are more on curvy side..

Peace and don´t judge people because of their body shape.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member

Skinny-shaming and fat-shaming both suck and are detrimental to women in general.

The end.
    ^^^this^^^
    I have friends who are naturally rail thin and built like 12yr old boys and friends who are round, and friends with big butts, friends with no butt. Last I check we all used the same bathroom, all were happily married and are all very much real.
  • zuzi_
    zuzi_ Posts: 554 Member
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    zuzi_ wrote: »
    oh I don´t like it at all.. curvy girls don´t like slim, and slim don´t like that with curvy ones.. its your body, its part of your identity and you are free to choose, what you want

I love my muscles, how I am getting stronger, how my abs are showing, but in the same time I like my chest, hips and butt whats are more on curvy side..

Peace and don´t judge people because of their body shape.

People are going to judge. I know what it takes to be fat and remain fat. I also know what it takes to be fit and to maintain muscles. I will judge someone's work ethic based upon that. I can't help it.

I understand.. but you can´t change nothing by judging it.. you are not responsible for other people.. its their choice, not yours..
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member

The end.

+1