Options

Replies

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    tl;dr: op has anger issues around overweight people

No that not it. I don't have anger over people giving up on their health because, now people are using terms like that to make it acceptable to be obese.

apparently obese people are only okay and acceptable if they are actively trying to change themselves or as you would say 'better themselves and get healthy'?

FA pisses you off why?? because fat people are encouraged to feel good about themselves? to accept themselves? instead of hating themselves as violently and relentlessly as society does? lol okay

I wonder how often you judge and scold a thin person for being lazy and not 'working out' I wonder how concerned about their health you are

It does piss me off to see a lazy skinny person not working out. I think everybody should use fitness as a way to improve their health.

• ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    It does piss me off to see a lazy skinny person not working out. I think everybody should use fitness as a way to improve their health.

Why are you pissed off by someone else not working out?
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat girl that agrees with the OP.

If you're built like Christina Hendricks, you're curvy.

Built like Tess Holliday, you're just fat.

They are both beautiful and shouldn't hate themselves, but guess what? One of them is very unhealthy and not setting a good health example. Health-wise, it's just not good to be fat. Especially that fat.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

No that not it. I don't have anger over people giving up on their health because, now people are using terms like that to make it acceptable to be obese.

apparently obese people are only okay and acceptable if they are actively trying to change themselves or as you would say 'better themselves and get healthy'?

FA pisses you off why?? because fat people are encouraged to feel good about themselves? to accept themselves? instead of hating themselves as violently and relentlessly as society does? lol okay

I wonder how often you judge and scold a thin person for being lazy and not 'working out' I wonder how concerned about their health you are

lol riiiiiiiiiight im sure it really gets you fired up seeing a thin person who does not work out eh

dga3jzjtwg2l.gif

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    A "real woman" is a woman who exists.

Skinny-shaming and fat-shaming both suck and are detrimental to women in general.

The end.

I agree with this. But I also find using "curves" to describe obese women pretty sad.
  • Char231023
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »

I was answering a question about if my concern was just a bout overweight people or if I would also have to same concerns about a lazy skinny person not working out.
  • crssftlv
    crssftlv Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the fa movement is or care to lol. I do know that I have curves, I'm also fit. I could work circles around alot of people on this site... yes, I'm challenging you! It's genetics plain and simple... for me anyway lol so yes some women have curves :p
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I was answering a question about if my concern was just a bout overweight people or if I would also have to same concerns about a lazy skinny person not working out.

Right but I'm still just not seeing where your anger is coming from in any of this. Why does a heavy person being heavy interfere with your life?

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

People can be active and fit and not work out.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat girl that agrees with the OP.

If you're built like Christina Hendricks, you're curvy.

Built like Tess Holliday, you're just fat.

They are both beautiful and shouldn't hate themselves, but guess what? One of them is very unhealthy and not setting a good health example. Health-wise, it's just not good to be fat. Especially that fat.

Bingo!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few hostile posts on this forum (not just this thread) referencing the FA movement as if there's this huge contingent of people out there refusing to lose weight and actively promoting obesity. I mean honestly, how many of these people are you possibly interacting with that you are this incensed about it? Even if an overweight person really is like, "eff it, I'm just gonna stay this way", why does that bother someone else? Because of the nanofraction of a penny that it could make your insurance go up?

I would imagine most people are promoting self-love which is not mutually exclusive to wanting to get healthier and lose weight. I don't think that finding ways to not hate yourself, at whatever size, is a cop-out. Weight loss isn't the solution to a lifetime of happiness.

You make so much sense. You must be grown, lol!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    crssftlv wrote: »
    I don't know what the fa movement is or care to lol. I do know that I have curves, I'm also fit. I could work circles around alot of people on this site... yes, I'm challenging you! It's genetics plain and simple... for me anyway lol so yes some women have curves :p

Fat Acceptance....

and yeah...who cares? this kind of stuff is just silly.
  • Char231023
    Options

People can be active and fit and not work out.

I agree you don't have to workout to be active and fit, my words are getting misconstrued. We were talking about a LAZY skinny person.

I love this I finally started my own real debate. Instead of my usual crap I post.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

You get pissed off at strangers not doing what you do.

Ok. Thank you for proving my point.

• Char231023
    Options
    crssftlv wrote: »

Is this challenge to me or to everybody. Like I said having boobs and a butt are not what I was referring to.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Real woman have curves.. it's a dumb saying cuz it's trying to shame people into liking something they may not. It'd be like saying, Real men have hairy butts/ no *kitten* / chicken legs / small feet..
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Somewhere down the line, someone probably said something that made OP feel not "womanly" enough, and now she's directing her childish anger to a group of people that affect her life in no way whatsoever.

It's okay, OP. You're real. We see you.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Real woman have curves.. it's a dumb saying cuz it's trying to shame people into liking something they may not. It'd be like saying, Real men have hairy butts/ no *kitten* / chicken legs / small feet..

Oh man, don't me all hot and bothered now.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

Oh man, don't me all hot and bothered now.

Real men smell like B.O / have tiny fingers / pick all their boogers.