Real women have curves.

Options

Replies

• paddles34
    paddles34 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    ..... but we really need to be more positive in general. Have confidence in yourself. When you are working on yourself, you really don't have time to worry about what everyone else is doing.

BINGO!
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Ugh...I can sense this about to get real ugly. I wish that women would support each other more. The whole real women have curves thing is not helping...it is just another way to pit one group against the other. And I happen to be a "curvy" girl...not obese and working towards being healthy and more fit. There's so much damn negativity out there as is without women bashing each other. I know I may sound like a cat poster, but we really need to be more positive in general. Have confidence in yourself. When you are working on yourself, you really don't have time to worry about what everyone else is doing.

^ my pal!
  • chickiechickie
    chickiechickie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't like the term "real women", period. Any time such a phrase is used, you can bet the following declaration is crap.

I think, for me, the problem is defining what "curves" are. I think today's trend of pushing obesity as "curviness" is detrimental.
  • CarolinaCricket
    CarolinaCricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A "real woman" is a woman who exists.

Skinny-shaming and fat-shaming both suck and are detrimental to women in general.

The end.

mhiggi02 wrote: »
    My first thought is that it's just exclusionary and assumes that only one look is the right look. That's just not the case.

+1
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    zuzi_ wrote: »
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    oh I don´t like it at all.. curvy girls don´t like slim, and slim don´t like that with curvy ones.. its your body, its part of your identity and you are free to choose, what you want

I love my muscles, how I am getting stronger, how my abs are showing, but in the same time I like my chest, hips and butt whats are more on curvy side..

Peace and don´t judge people because of their body shape.

People are going to judge. I know what it takes to be fat and remain fat. I also know what it takes to be fit and to maintain muscles. I will judge someone's work ethic based upon that. I can't help it.

I understand.. but you can´t change nothing by judging it.. you are not responsible for other people.. its their choice, not yours..

I don't think he is trying to "change" anything. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and perceptions of others. It is automatic and usually based on life experience.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Be happy with yourself and everything else will follow.
  • zuzi_
    zuzi_ Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    oh I don´t like it at all.. curvy girls don´t like slim, and slim don´t like that with curvy ones.. its your body, its part of your identity and you are free to choose, what you want

I love my muscles, how I am getting stronger, how my abs are showing, but in the same time I like my chest, hips and butt whats are more on curvy side..

People are going to judge. I know what it takes to be fat and remain fat. I also know what it takes to be fit and to maintain muscles. I will judge someone's work ethic based upon that. I can't help it.

I understand.. but you can´t change nothing by judging it.. you are not responsible for other people.. its their choice, not yours..

I don't think he is trying to "change" anything. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and perceptions of others. It is automatic and usually based on life experience.

but what you earn by saying someone doing it wrong? maybe its natural to mankind, but it doesn´t mean, we have to do it..
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

but what you earn by saying someone doing it wrong? maybe its natural to mankind, but it doesn´t mean, we have to do it..

I am having trouble following your line of thought. Perhaps it is getting lost in your translation. We all judge involuntarily, whether we vocalize it or simply keep it to ourselves. Yes it is natural and, like I said, I feel based on our own unique life experiences.

If someone DOES vocalize their judgement to someone it doesn't always have to be a negative experience. One or the other, and possibly both, parties may learn something from it. Isn't that the point of living, to live, love and learn?
  • tylahquartez323
    tylahquartez323 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    I just like a big fat curvy booty :smiley:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    real women come in all shapes and sizes
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I personally love an athletic and fit look with some curves...I like Michelle Jenneke's curves...

xL1S5i0.jpg

michelle_jenneke_hipshake_loop.gif

that said, real women come in all different shapes and sizes...and people have a variety of preferences.

I love how when this question gets asked men post a picture of chicks who weigh 115lbs, when in reality alot of the women are referring to much less graceful curves that associate themselves with people weighing 200+ pounds. I could work out 3 hours a day 7 days a week and still not look like this chick without a boob job because genetics failed me :/

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    A "real woman" is a woman who exists.

Skinny-shaming and fat-shaming both suck and are detrimental to women in general.

The end.
    this. anyone who values a woman, who rates her 'real woman' status on whether or not she has a body you'd like to get into bed, is something i'm not allowed to type on a polite site like this.

real women, like real men, are people with integrity.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I personally love an athletic and fit look with some curves...I like Michelle Jenneke's curves...

xL1S5i0.jpg

that said, real women come in all different shapes and sizes...and people have a variety of preferences.

I love how when this question gets asked me post a picture of chicks who weigh 115lbs, when in reality alot of the women are referring to much less graceful curves that associate themselves with people weighing 200+ pounds. I could work out 3 hours a day 7 days a week and still not look like this chick without a boob job because genetics failed me :/

The ACA will probably start covering those soon...
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    real women come in all shapes and sizes

Yeah some of 'em leave a big huge wet mess, some are more subtle.

:o
  • soldiergrl_101
    edited August 2015
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

xL1S5i0.jpg

I love how when this question gets asked me post a picture of chicks who weigh 115lbs, when in reality alot of the women are referring to much less graceful curves that associate themselves with people weighing 200+ pounds. I could work out 3 hours a day 7 days a week and still not look like this chick without a boob job because genetics failed me :/

Why not the military already does, the Air Force offered me one as a Morale booster :/ ....mind you I had to pay for my own Lasik so I could see lol
  • angelxbaby714
    angelxbaby714 Posts: 939 Member
    Options

08gd4o8vb6nn.jpg

Idk these mean girls memes go perfect with some of these forums. :)
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

xL1S5i0.jpg

Why not the military already does, the Air Force offered me one as a Morale booster :/ ....mind you I had to pay for my own Lasik so I could see lol

Who's morale, exactly?
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options

xL1S5i0.jpg

Who's morale, exactly?

Supposedly for the female troops morale but im sure there are other motivators seeing as its the commander who signs off on it

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

xL1S5i0.jpg

That is very true. Curves in the sense of boobs and butt are not what the people preaching the "real woman" argument are getting at. Having a butt and boobs is not the same as being overweight.

The whole fat is fabulous thing . No it isn't. Its unhealthy, and you are just making excuses.