WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    2873812puw2ayewr2.gif Janetr, where are you going on your trip?

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    10,500 steps
    98 minutes of dog walking
    lots of time on the computer and knitting and watching TV
    nap with hubby and the pets

<3 Barbie
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Barbie - We're headed to the far South East corner of Missouri to see my DMIL. She's just north of TN and just East of Kentucky. We'll mosey through the Ozarks and stop at Branson for a couple of days on the way back home. DMIL worked for 17 years as a cook for the crew of a barge on the Mississippi River. How cool is that? Love your little blue camper all reved up to go :)

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sitting here in bed with my quiet music from my wonderful friend Pandora slowing down, as if I wasn't slow enough. I. Guess tomorrow is the day although no one has officially said it today, just last Friday. His bag is packed, I underestimated what size of bag to put everything in, outfit set aside for him to wear tomorrow to leave hospital in, laundry basket bought and marked. I will do his laundry so I don't need to mark anything.just hope I have everything but we live very close to he rehab place. I am supposed to have fasting lab work for my neurologist every 6 months so I need to make some time before I eat tomorrow to try to get downstairs and get in line for lab work. I guess getting the suitcase in he car will be the biggest job. Well not actually, seeing the realization that I am picking a suitcase just like we do for vacation but it isn't a vacation at all. Although it will mean less work for me I guess what bothers me so much is that he is not coming home with me. I didn't buy into this 2 week thing that will end up over a month.

Just a blabbering which I do when I get tired. These new members are going to wonder what kind of a forum they are in! I will just scoot it over into the white side of the page!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Barbie - We're headed to the far South East corner of Missouri to see my DMIL. She's just north of TN and just East of Kentucky. We'll mosey through the Ozarks and stop at Branson for a couple of days on the way back home. DMIL worked for 17 years as a cook for the crew of a barge on the Mississippi River. How cool is that? Love your little blue camper all reved up to go :)

Janetr OKC

You'll be right by Sylvia!

• janetr7476
    Options
    Mary - Yes we will go close to where she is. I'm not sure exactly where she is at, but I know she talks about driving to Joplin and we normally drive thru Joplin on our way to visit DMIL.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Joyce - We love you and we understand your blabbering and our thots and prayers are with you, Charlie and your family. We all get blabbering when we get that tired and stressed. You made perfect sense to all of us. That in itself may be frightening lol Take care, try to rest and take care of yourself in this process.

Janetr OKC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @cory17 heehee I have an attitude when I posed.... My attitude is whyyyyy do I have to wear suits when I swim! Hahahaha.... Once you swim nude, having to put on a suit is LOATHSOME...

I do notice a change in how I carry myself these days. When I wake up, I always put my legs high in the air, so I can do some leg lifts, and see just how sore my knees feel. I know I can put my hands around my knee part, something I haven't been able to do. Of course my legs were up in the air, so gravity helped:-).
    Becca
  • Annr
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Joyce. You know that white part on the side of the thread is in a different dimension, like a Dr Who kind of thing....Keep putting your venting, blabbering (which you can do 24/7 no worries), but YOU can't put yourself there girl! (((((((((hugs))))) friend.
    Becca
    a Dr Who fan forever in Oregon...
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Becca - I LOATH having to get naked to shower!! lol

Janetr OKC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    So some of this is responses to old news, but I missed everyone so much I wanted to read it all!!!

Heather- great job on being the cricket chauffeur. Celiac (what we call that in the US) yuck! No gluten, is no wheat… that will be tough on a kid. LOL when you said you pick up accents, I spent 5 weeks in Great Britain in the ‘90s and when I came home my friends teased me that I had picked up so many sayings..

Becca – so the polka dots are not bad at all… I had imagined 3 inch dots! And Elk!!! Wow would do in fussy flowers, but so darn cool. Love your posts, I can just imagine you in Japan, did you find a Japanese nudist place? Great to see pics of your sons – Thanks for YOUR service, theirs too, but Moms and Dads are providing a service to their country by supporting the kids, re-arranging holidays, sending care, and being there!

L Cass, colleen, Lori, Elizabeth (great goals!) – welcome

Lisa – what a ride!!! Glad you are still here and going strong - you are amazing!

Katie – beanie wieners and old farts….. oh my – I am laughing so hard!!!

Sylvia – awesome that both the ladies were impressed and that DH was beaming

Janetr – Oh my on the news about DBIL and Sister, as for asking about your inheritance, my Grandparents always said the “bill for the funeral” They even had a bummer sticker that said spending the kids inheritance. And guess what when they died sure enough I paid for the funeral.

Betty – could you hook a ped. On your bra? I wear a fitbit and love it, but work from home in my own business – so the dress code requires a fitbit. LOL

Margaret – my SIL was in a 90 inpatient program and it saved her life, I hope it works for your son.

Joyce – be as angry as you want! The way those nurses acted – they deserved flying apples and carrots!! It is about time that the family showed up to be there for you and Charlie. Glad you had the family time, hang in there… one step at a time.

Pip – that shoulder looks horrible! Hope Bullwinkle is better quick!

Michele – good luck with all the company, I have never heard of peaches and cream corn… the corn at our farmers market is just named after the town that the farm is in… I do think A&A are being rude to be that late, but I have to say I know a lot of younger folks who don’t think anything of being late or super last minute… With all this company could you do something in the crock pot, or more like a casserole..lasagna or enchiladas?

Catburglr , skrace– welcome

Alison – great idea! Or hope on a plane to SF and I’ll meet you and spoil you for a week… airfare would be the only cost!

Klanders – so this is late but sending good vibs that you can get through the BBQ

Vicki – that was tough, but some only learn when there are consequences to actions.. do you think she might be a bully?

Heather – sending good thoughts to DDIL – take care! And stay in the moment.

Ok the go at the nappy reminds me of a family story… So I am the oldest kid in my family and an august baby, so in Sept after I was born my Mom goes out with friends for a couple of hours and leaves me with my dad. Well my dad had never changed a diaper (nappy) so of course I pooped in my diaper shortly after mom left. The smell got to much for dad so he took me out side took off the (cloth) diaper threw it out, and hosed me off with the garden hose and we just stayed outside and he would run the hose over me again every time I peed or pooped until mom got home.

Beth! Excitement!!!! They said they were sorry with actions not words….

September Goals:
    Walk everyday –try to hit 180 miles
    Log everyday –
    Twice a week do floor exercises
    Weekly fun things –
    W1 –
    W2
    W3 –
    W4 –

August Goals:
    Walk everyday –try to hit 180 miles MADE 178 –not bad
    1 plank every day and log here – goal more then 19 PITIFUL
    Log everyday – SEMI-PITIFUL
    Eat mindfully- occasionally
    Weekly fun things – SUCCESS!!!
    W1 – Visiting with niece Emily - a trip to SF
    W2 – BFF came for 2 days and a dinner party
    W3 – went to a banjo band concert – a first for me
    W4 – Dinner out with friends, hiked with my hiking group
    Kim from N. California
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Margaret, Gayle and Mary, have fun when you meet. Have a drink for me and I’ll work it into my day. :wink:

Yvonne, sorry the bug got ya. Hope you are on the road to recovery. All I can say about cucumber Gatorade is it sounds horrible enough that I won’t be trying it. Yuck

Cat, welcome. Congrats on your weight loss. We have a number of ladies here who are at their goal weight and just stay to maintain. It sounds like you have to be getting close?

Heather, it sounds like a God Sent that you were able to help with the grands. Bless your DH for attempting the nappy change when he didn’t know how. So sweet! I hope your DDIL is okay soon.

Gloria, some of us are really good at throwing a Pity Party when you need it. I feel it’s best to wallow in it and just get it over with, then we can toss the left overs in the corner over there by Janetr. She sweeps all our garbage and excess baggage out each day. Feel better whatever is going on with you. We are here for you.

Elaine, glad you had a good day with your son and didn’t melt in the rain.

DrKatie, you are so right about the Gatorade. ROFL

Joyce, I know this has been an ordeal for you with DH going into the hospital and now to rehab. Just remember that we are all with you when you are with him and when you are home alone. So you aren’t alone! Take care.

I hope you all had a safe and happy day. Our cook out was nice and especially the fact that I didn’t have to cook. My friend was going to meet us there and I told her we would be there by 12:30. She showed up a little after 2:00 as we were about to leave. Oh well, ya snooze, ya loose. I had to read fast as there were so many posts when I logged back on, so I didn't respond to many of you but I'm thinking of you all.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    as5811 wrote: »
    miriamwithcats - Aww, that's too bad about your cats. We have an old cat (21 yo), we got as a kitten. She out-lived her sister. She has no major problems. She doesn't groom herself as much & won't let us do much. The vet says she's the oldest cat she has right now.

Elizabeth - I took hrt for 3 years, kept getting very tender breasts after awhile. Doctor kept switching perscriptions - finally said enough. Had 2 friends develop breast cancer related to hrt. Family doc suggested Vit D3 & calcium (developed a calcium deficiency). Still get night sweats - cooler night shirts a plus. Exercise helps me, too.

Daughter headed back to her home. House is quiet now. DH will be on edge till he knows she got there okay.

Now back to my goals - a new week.

Annie
    PA

I'm on a cream hrt, my dr said it's safe, but I don't know???? I started to spot n this did stop it. Afraid to stop n afraid to continue. I thought they would have this alllll figured out before I reached this age!!!
  • Annr
    Options
    Janetr......I haven't had this "lifestyle" all my life, and in fact grew up quite Lutheran, my-mom-would-dress-in-her-closet upbringing. Hopefully my Mom is looking down at me and not freaking out too much during the summer... My eldest sister, I SWEAR had a prayer circle going for me, because I had become a nudist and started my evil ways. I would state simply, "I just like to walk in the sun without my clothes on sister". It is now a topic we don't discuss.. hahaha.. I suppose you COULD drag the bottle of TIDE and have at it, jumpin up and down washing those clothes ya have on!

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    @GodMomKim Oh I wasn't a nudist until I had kids and was really fat...hahahahaha just kidding. Actually we started attending the "clothing optional resort" when my sons were 13, 8 and 4. I was turning 40 and wanted to shake things up maybe... I remember in Japan I would see business men reading the newspaper with pictures of nude ladies on the pages like it was nothing. But at the beach ladies would be wearing underwear under their swimming suits so nothing showed. It was a conflicting country in that respect.
    Becca
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just finished reading several pages of posts to familiarize myself with everyone but now am too tired to type it all. I wrote notes. I will type them here tomorrow :- )
    I did walk up the road to a neighbors and visited, it was delightful 'cause her Hubby had air conditioner on high. I only have fans to try and cool the house. It got to 91 F today and very muggy/humid. That is HOT and STICKY for Maine.
    Still have a lot of cals. left so need to go find something. Heat making breathing bothersome so will look for something cold.

Goals:
    Eat up to 1,000 cals min./day
    Space eating out over 8-12+ hours
    Exercise/activity in 'clips' as tolerated
    Sort some 'stuff' daily to make room in house for son's significant other and son.

Mae in Maine
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    DJ - LOL! I think you're going to have to do a lot of exercises!

Mary from Minnesota
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Insomnia is my companion again. Hope to get some sleep before time to get up. LOL I tried two nights in the bed as PT requested but had to move back to the couch last night just so I could get se sleep.

Praying for sleep...

Carol in NC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Janetr......I haven't had this "lifestyle" all my life, and in fact grew up quite Lutheran, my-mom-would-dress-in-her-closet upbringing. Hopefully my Mom is looking down at me and not freaking out too much during the summer... My eldest sister, I SWEAR had a prayer circle going for me, because I had become a nudist and started my evil ways. I would state simply, "I just like to walk in the sun without my clothes on sister". It is now a topic we don't discuss.. hahaha.. I suppose you COULD drag the bottle of TIDE and have at it, jumpin up and down washing those clothes ya have on!

Becca

That's funny. Its not the the idea of being nude, its seeing all that body there :) With my clothes on I can ignore it more easily. You keep us all looking for the next laugh on here. Thanks for being Becca, we wouldn't have it any other way.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Carol in NC - oh I understand insomnia. I average weekly around 4.5 hours a night. Then I'll break it and sleep for 7 or so one night. ugh Praying for sleep for you too my friend. Gentle (((hugs)))

Janetr OKC