WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    "Great Idea!! Can I shoot them at my husband when I take each off??...If you say its ok...then he can't blame me.
    Becca
    Trickster in Oregon"

I say go for it, but be prepared for revenge (at least that's how it would happen in my house). >:)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    hummmmm there isn't many places to retreat to in this small apartment.....I need to rethink this rubber band deal......
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Sylvia - Hey my house too!!! lol Thanks for sharing.

Becca - :) Good job for the the jiffy popcorn under the comforter. Will ask the hubby next time if he's popping pop corn. lol

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :) Where did my day go????? It obviously goes faster with Jake home than it did when I was alone. I read all the posts, was happy to see Cynthia among us again, cheered for Terri getting through the colonoscopy in spite of the delay, thought encouraging thoughts for pip and janetr as they prepare for surgery, laughed at the thought of Sylvia and her haunted house, and thought loving <3 thoughts about how all of you have added to my life. Jake did a lot of the dog walking so I have fewer steps today but I ventured onto the exercise bike while watching some of my recording of DWTS and pulled a few weeds.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.54min, 14.8amph, 2.9mi = 100c
    Spin- 40min 79r 96w 11g for 20min, 14g for 20min, 15.6mi = 257c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.23min, 15amph, 1.3mi = 86c
    ride dome 2 hm- 15.28min, 10amph, 2.5mi = 163c
    other- filling up dog bin 14.20min = 48c
    total cal 654
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,373 Member
    Options
    pip - you should talk about dirty birds! You know what they say "it takes one to know one"....lol

janetr - maybe that was one of the things that didn't for some reason get posted. anyway, the Y I was at before moving here had a bulletin board where you could advertise for an exercise buddy. Maybe your Y has that, or perhaps its something you can suggest to them?

Did an hour of a body pump DVD. God, I didn't realize how much I missed the body pump, what they have down here is a type of body pump but not the program. Anyway, the guy to look at our microwave will be here tomorrow, just not sure at what time. We also have a Newcomer board meeting. So I plan to do some Incline Intervals tomorrow, and depending on when the guy is going to get here will depend if I go to the board meeting or not. If he's going to get here between 10 and 2, then I won't go. But if we're scheduled for between 2 and 4, then I will.

Joyce - will Charlie eat yogurt? That's pretty soft. How about ice cream? Jello can get soft in the mouth. You are such a wonderful person

gaw... - have a great trip. What books will you be listening to?

TerriRichard - congrats on the loss

Vince loves his cargo pants. He had a few pairs of jean cargo, but for some reason they don't make them in jeans any longer. Everything is camoflauge or beige or something else. However, he found a few on ebay and he bought them all. However, he did wear them on the metro when we were in France years ago and he was pickpocketed. I had to laugh in a way. Before we went he was convinced that I'd be the one who got pickpocketed since I'm so very trusting. But it was him who was. Personally, I like my pants to be more form fitting

CynthiaT - I for one want to see you in here more often. I don't get on the newsfeed very much, unfortunately.

Lisa - yuk -- cockroaches in the salad bar!!!! So sorry about your crew chief. What a day you've had!

Beth - if your son does lose his job, maybe it's really for the best if his boss is that way

DJ - I know it's my own fault, but when we were buying the freezer Vince kept asking me if I wanted to larger one. The medium size one was the size we had and it seemed to do fine so I was certain it would be big enough. Now how I wish I'd gotten the bigger one! That's just me, I want people to feel comfortable here. I didn't know that Steve wasn't a fan of chocolate so I made a lemon bread earlier in the day for him. That's just something that I'd do.

janetr - what a wonderful NSV being able to climb that mountain!

Heather - why would your solicitor want an old electrical certificate? I can sort-of understand if it was an up-to-date certificate, but an old one????

Mia - I also am sorry that you don't have anyone in the VA/NC area. Oh well..... Sometimes I will order crab or lobster knowing that I'll be spending a lot of time getting the meat out. Interesting, huh? when we were investigating where in NC we wanted to live, I remember Vince looked online and saw that it had been something like 20 years since newton had a hurricane. I bet if you googled things like "weather history of NO" you'd probably get some hits.

Linda/IA - that's wonderful that Donald Trump came to your daughter's homecoming!

terri - you take your crochet on the flight with you? Can you take a metal hook or does it have to be a plastic one? Thanks for the hint about checking for your driver's license frequently. Fortunately, I always take a pocketbook with me, sometimes a big one.

Michele in NC
  • mparker1216
    mparker1216 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mia where are you in MI?
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I missed about Janetr colonoscopy. hOw was it????

Cynthia, I am so sorry you feel like that. I am on another forum and feel the same way. There is another regular member who hadn't posted for awhile and some one posted a 'where is Sally' thread. It went on and on about how everyone missed her. The whole time all this time has gone on with Charlie I have not gone over to that forum just because it is harder to here on m iPad. So I went over there last night and there was not a one mention about me being gone. So. Kind of know how you feel. But I would forever miss that beautiful head of hair in your profile pic. I just picture you as this beautiful, fun loving woman, on the iPad, it is just so much easier for me to enlarge the page and everyone's picture are cut off. I am glad to see you now. I also have to confess that I have skimmed a lot and most of my postings have Ben rather selfish about myself. I hope you continue to stay with us.

Charles so weak today. He starts this pill tonight to increase his appetite. Blood pressure is low, 80/40. I hope he doesn't end back up in the hospital just to get some fluids but I can see it in the near future. Knowing health care, they may jut send him to the infusion center for a 1 bottle of IV fluids. Tomorrow I have N appointment for a hair cut and then choir practice and that is leaving his twice. He wanted a tamale tonight so I bought him the Hormel tamale in the can from the grocery store like he wanted. He ate two of them along with some left over green beans and about 6 grapes. Pretty good considering what he has been eating but it was the only meal he has had all day. Some have asked about items like Boost or yogurt. Right now if a ythng has. Sweet taste to it he will not eat it at all. And even p,a in yogurt he says no to. So yogurt is out.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    745455rvacxjsot2.gif
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I want to thank you all for your advice on my back. Feel so much better n have made arrangements to help transfer mom. Had OP today , after care for ED rehab. They think maybe I shouldn't count calories!!! I really have to think this one over. Rehab doesn't want diet thinking, we are to normalize food. Just a hair frustrated, tomorrow another day!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • janetr7476
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Michelle - Thanks, I will try that at the Y and see if they have a board like that. I won't be back there now until six weeks from the surgery, but I'd love to find someone to walk with. Thanks on my NSV, it was just exhilarating for me to be able to do that. :)

Joyce - Terri had the colonoscopy yesterday. Terri said all went well with her. I'm having my left knee replaced on the 29th. I had my right one done the 26th of January.

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting me straight Janetr. Was it fun setting some one straight. something you had always wanted to do?????
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Joyce - Um, not really lol Guess I'm just a stickler on stuff like that. Sorry :) Hope things get better quickly for you and Charlie. It's been a lot for you both. Prayers and (((hugs))).

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Found out tonight that my ex-husband, who has been on dialysis, decided to stop them. He is not doing well at all, they don't think he will last more than a few days. Hospice is coming to the house and he is on morphine and totally out of it. It makes my heart sad. Life is short, we need to make the most of it. As Barbie says, "Live in the Moment".

Love to you all, good night.

Janetr OKC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    aw Janetr thats what I think about when I run too!!! Actually I only run if I am being chased by a killer bee, or in some sort of danger! To run for pleasure?....I just can't get it in my head.
    Becca
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Becca, I thot I deleted that cuz of the off color words lol You must have read it before I did. I thot it was funny, but didn't want to offend anyone. I DON'T run either. Can't imagine ever thinking its fun.

Janetr
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: My knee is much improved thanks to less weight to carry around and deliberate strengthening exercises but I'm not going to pound it on purpose. I don't run unless being chased by monsters or killer bees, either. :laugh:

Janetr: Sorry to hear about your ex husband. :broken_heart::heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    A friend posted this on Facebook and I wanted to share.

qxh627s1j0vj.jpg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,312 Member
    Options
    Awake early. I got up and read my detective book set in the Shetlands.

Ruminating over my tablet and my rental. :sad:

Michele - it's a complete puzzle to me what solicitors have in their heads. :ohwell: I just want it OVER!

DH will be watching rugby this afternoon. I will finish the food ordering for the party. That will be one less thing to worry my silly head about. At least I slept most of the night. Also got to check something with the will invoice.

Morning is the best time for me to do almost anything, but if I do other pressing things I don't get my writing done. Always a conflict. Today I will do my writing after I have rung the will people.
    Feeling jumpy.

Lots of love, Heather UK