WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• relater2000
    relater2000 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well, after rebooting several times and banging the darned thing it has suddenly decided to behave itself and is charging. I didn't do anything I hadn't done several times before apart from banging it so maybe there is a loose connection.
    Anyway, all cross fingers it stays ok for a bit. I am attached to the thing by an umbilical cord. :laugh:

Great British Bake Off tonight. :bigsmile:

Heather in the UK, hoping her tablet <3 behaves itself.

Heather,

I recently had to buy a new charging cord for my iPhone that stopped charging with the older cord. Maybe something similar is going on with your tablet???

Elaine in Lansing
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,766 Member
    Options
    a quick hidee ho before im off to work..
    went and picked up my new glasses,amazing <3 how much clearer things seem to be lol, they are progressive so with even the little tweek they had have to get used to them, picked Tom's up too, if he needs adjusting he can take them over anytime..
    went to see DFIL and he had breakfast in bed, also went to see Dorothy yesterday and thought that would be it, but went in this morning and she was up and talkative.. so sat with her for a 1/2 hr and went and got her a cup of coffee..
    the more and more I think about it ,I am thinking of trying to find a job as a type of companion or something for the elderly, that seems to be where I fit it, It doesnt pay much so will have to look into such things that might pay a bit more...
    stunning first day of fall here in New England, dont know how the colors will be as it has been extremely dry at least here in Connecticut...
    Pip~ thinking of you and will send up a prayer tomorrow morning as you go in for surgery.. with you being in such great shape I know you will recover quickly ;)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Well here it is Wednesday already. I am working the short shift 7-3 today. Then at 3 I get to go into my director and have my yearly review. I know so far 4 other people and talked about the boss and all the problems. I just pray I can do it and stay calm. I just have to remember to just state the facts as I know them and how they effect how I do my job.

Janetr--Congrates on the NSV and thanks for sharing the picture, you look great. Sorry to hear about your ex. I know when my ex passed away I did feel a loss. We had been divorced for along time and both remarried. But a part of me still cared, just not enough to stay married to him.

Joyce--Sending HUGS and prayers. You or Charlie are not having much to smile about lately.

Cynthia--Sorry you feel no one was listening to you. Time just gets away from me and somedays I just can not keep up.

Lisa--The more I read about that place the more I think eating out is not worth it. Sure hope the manager thing gets worked out soon. Just read about your evening last night. I do hope they get things working so you can be out of it. Hugs!

Maryann--Beautiful picture.

We went over to visit a freind that is having hip surgery on Monday. She had one hip done acouple years ago and now having the other one done. She is having it done the new way and is a lot like laser surgery and they say she will be up walking the same day and home in 2-3 days.

Meg--Just heard there is flooding down there in Omaha. Hope you are doing ok.

Heather--Hope you get the problems with your tablet worked out. I am thinking my fitbit is having problems. A couple times lately I have charged it and within 2-3 days it goes completely dead. So today it is home on the charger.

Becca--Sometimes what they don't know won't hurt them.LOL

Terririchard--Beautiful sunrise.
    Well I am caught up for today. Sending hugs and prayers to each of you. You are what keeps me going.

Blessings, VICKI GRAND ISLAND-NE
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: For one thing, solicitors/lawyers have $$$$ in their heads, both yours and theirs. We need to get this done, too. :ohwell:

Cynthia: My neighbor has had knees and hips done over the years. Last time his surgeon wouldn't operate until he lost weight so he did, but gained it right back after surgery. :noway:

Brenda: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. :flowerforyou:

IrishTerri: What a beautiful sky! Congratulations on getting back on track. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: My Paternal Grandmother was widowed young and supported her family by working at lunch counters until she opened her own restaurant. She did very well and employed mostly family members. Not one of her children went into the food industry. :noway:

Gayle: I agree with Heather about calorie counting. I had to weigh and measure my food for a very long time because portion control was my primary eating issue. I generally made good choices but ate too much. Now I estimate fairly reliably. If I start to gain, I get out the food scale and dishers. I plan to continue logging my food forever and expect to be here as long as MFP and I both exist. :heart:

Pip: I had surgery on my foot a few years ago to remove a bone spur and I watched the operation. It helped to keep me calm & I found it very interesting. Watching surgery on a shoulder would be a bit more challenging, I think. How could you twist around to see? When I had my gallbladder removed they gave me a video of the surgery so I could watch afterward. Perhaps the doctor will give you a copy of the video. :flowerforyou:

I didn't quite make it to the end of the posts but it is time to leave for yoga. I hope everyone has a great day.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,647 Member
    Options
    think of me at 8am PST. that's the time of the surgery. check-in is 6:30am PST.
  • joanl9
    joanl9 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow! Hope you have a quick recovery.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'll be thinking of you Pip.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am back from my mother in-laws. We had unexpected company last night. A couple of snow birds that are heading back for Florida later this week. The summer has gone extremely fast and fall is now here. I wish I was a Snowbird! I am not looking forward to winter. I told my husband I want to get a snowmobile whether we get a lot of snow or not that might make winter a little more fun. The walking and bike trail that we Live on now is also a snowmobile trail.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Pip - Thanks on understanding about the ex. We have always been great friends. Much better at that than a married couple. I too made sure that the day my surgery was scheduled I'd be the first. I hate waiting and being told they are running behind schedule, etc. For sure I will be thinking of you, that's 10:00 am here so I'll be sending healing, calming thots your direction. You'll be running again before ya know it. I on the other hand may never, ever run :)

Heather - the grands are just so beautiful. I have to say I've never seen a birthday cake with no frosting on it tho. :)

Katla - my doctor told me almost 5 years ago that my knees were bone on bone and needed to be replaced, but that I really needed to lose weight first. I weight 283 lbs at the time. So I would lose 20-30 and gain it back. That was a lot of the reason for the decision to have bariatric surgery. I had the first knee replaced one year after that surgery and now, eight months later, doing the second knee. Between all the surgeries, its the best thing that has ever happened to me. :)

Janetr OKC
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I am back from my mother in-laws. We had unexpected company last night. A couple of snow birds that are heading back for Florida later this week. The summer has gone extremely fast and fall is now here. I wish I was a Snowbird! I am not looking forward to winter. I told my husband I want to get a snowmobile whether we get a lot of snow or not that might make winter a little more fun. The walking and bike trail that we Live on now is also a snowmobile trail.

Mary from Minnesota

I'm with you!!! Too many winters, love the change of seasons, but winter is long!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,647 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,311 Member
    Options
    Janetr - She had a proper "Frozen" birthday cake for her party which she still talks about. I don't think she is deprived. :laugh: This was just an extra to mark the day. She's too young to know the party wasn't her actual birthday. She had all her presents then. <3 And a great big family party. :love:

PIP PIP PIP PIP - will be thinking of you early pm our time. :bigsmile:

Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2015
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »

Mary from Minnesota

I'm with you!!! Too many winters, love the change of seasons, but winter is long!! Gayle Minneapolis

I love the change of seasons too! But winter at 40 below is way too cold to go out and do things. So I could take one day of it and call it good!

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Thinking of you!
  • janetr7476
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Mary in MN - We don't even freeze here until around the first week in November and rarely get below zero. Come visit any time. Well except January cuz we're going to AZ to escape the "cold". Your temps are making me feel like a weenie lol

Heather - I did see the beautiful "Frozen" cake and I know its often necessary to have their birthday parties on a day different from the actual day. And you're right, the kids for sure don't care or even realize the difference. Actually I prefer not a lot of sweet frosting on the cake. :)

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Mary in MN - We don't even freeze here until around the first week in November and rarely get below zero. Come visit any time. Well except January cuz we're going to AZ to escape the "cold". Your temps are making me feel like a weenie lol

Janetr OKC

I know! I don't know why we have to have such frigid cold! The last couple of years were unbelievable. We need to take more vacation to warmer areas during the winter time. We might take you up on the visit!

Mary from Minnesota
  • mparker1216
    mparker1216 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Irish Terri beautiful picture!
    Terry where do you work that you can ride the bike if you're early? Thanks
    Maryann in Michigan
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Mia - New Orleans is a blast, but it is HOLY COW hot and humid in July. Last time we went was in June, and I told my husband we're going at a different time of year next trip!

Linda - Wow, how do you keep up with all that coming and going and doing? Thank you for the reminder about paying attention and listening to other people's stories. It's so easy to get focused inward and get the blinders on.

Mollywhippet - Thought it was just my house where that old lady lived! I know that can't be me...

Michele - Cargo pants and cargo shorts get a bad rap. I don't know why some people are so opposed to them... they're just pants with some extra pockets. My husband will probably never give them up.

I gained back a pound this week, and I know exactly why. Discipline has slipped around here since I got sick a couple of weeks ago. I'm well now, and I no longer have permission to lounge about and eat whatever I want... I'll fix it and be back on track for next week's weigh-in.

-Yvonne in TX
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Heather – Hooray for your tablet. Cute pictures ! ! !

DJ – Haha ! You are so right. Need and want are 2 completely different things when it comes to shopping, especially at Big Lots. My co-worker even said “if you are just in it for the walk then just walk there and back and don’t shop.” Then she held her breath for about 5 seconds, and we both started laughing our heads off. Thanks ! ! ! I love when the patients here think I’m crazy for laughing at nothing. :p

Maryann – I work for a clinic that is in the Miller Brewery. We have a Fitness Center in the same building, right across the hall from my desk.

Terri in Milwaukee
  • janetr7476
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Janetr OKC

I know! I don't know why we have to have such frigid cold! The last couple of years were unbelievable. We need to take more vacation to warmer areas during the winter time. We might take you up on the visit!

Mary from Minnesota

That would be great fun!!

Janetr OKC