Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,146 Member
    Options
    snavemom wrote: »
    Love the cabin. Do you have pictures of the inside????

fanncy0626 wrote: »
    It took forever to finish painting the cabin trim because it is a burgundy! It is a one bedroom cabin with kitchen living room and full bathroom.

wgwye890gypn.jpeg

After cleaning up and putting everything away I did not have time to start on the garage trim! I might have to wait till next week because we will be getting company tomorrow for the weekend. Hopefully we will still have good weather.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

We are going to remodel the inside this month. Will post as we progress.

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    And, because even the worst week or even month is improved by kittens... thought I'd share... hard to think the world is such a bad place when these guys peek over the armrest... Mouse is in the top photo checking out what's happening on my side of the couch, Squeak is checking out what's making the clicky noises in the bottom one. They're coming on gangbusters, gained weight, learning to be affectionate. They also trained to the litterbox the first day. Really enjoying 'em.

7op5f3jummv0.jpg
    [/q. U UN
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,226 Member
    Options
    Sylvia I did ceramics at college, so I'm with you on the pottery, although did enjoy a course on Tiffany glass procedures about 15 years ago.

Becca I so agree with you about positive affirmations. When you tell your subconscious something with conviction, it believes you 100% and it works to find a way of making it so. I have proved this to myself time and time again. It's called Nuero Linguistic Programming (NLP). I learnt about it when I read 'Awaken the Giant Within' by Anthony Robbins of the Robbins Foundation.

Our tomatoes have to be grown in the greenhouse, but they are also at the stage where they need to be grubbed out. I will make green tomato chutney with the unrepentant tomatoes.

Janemartin Put me out of my misery! What is this with the Happy Hump Day? I have asked about it several times on other threads, but no answer was forthcoming.

Debbie Fabulous photo. I love your sense of adventure. We used to do those sorts of things when we were younger, but I tend to go glamping now as I like a bit of comfort these days.

Janetr I am delighted to see you awake and posting. Enjoy the euphoria while you can, and remember to pre-empt the pain, and take the meds on time for at least a week.

Chris I am also changing from summer to winter clothes. I had to try on 4 pairs of trousers last Monday before I could find a pair that didn't fall down, so I will only store those clothes that still flatter. I will alter those things that I still like which are not too baggy yet, I will also discard any winter clothes that are not flattering. No point in cluttering up the wardrobes any longer.

I found this on the screen when I logged in this morning so not sure if I posted it or not. Oh well! In for a penny!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,226 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Becca I so agree with you about positive affirmations. When you tell your subconscious something with conviction, it believes you 100% and it works to find a way of making it so. I have proved this to myself time and time again. It's called Nuero Linguistic Programming (NLP). I learnt about it when I read 'Awaken the Giant Within' by Anthony Robbins of the Robbins Foundation.

Our tomatoes have to be grown in the greenhouse, but they are also at the stage where they need to be grubbed out. I will make green tomato chutney with the unrepentant tomatoes.

Janemartin Put me out of my misery! What is this with the Happy Hump Day? I have asked about it several times on other threads, but no answer was forthcoming.

Debbie Fabulous photo. I love your sense of adventure. We used to do those sorts of things when we were younger, but I tend to go glamping now as I like a bit of comfort these days.

Janetr I am delighted to see you awake and posting. Enjoy the euphoria while you can, and remember to pre-empt the pain, and take the meds on time for at least a week.

Chris I am also changing from summer to winter clothes. I had to try on 4 pairs of trousers last Monday before I could find a pair that didn't fall down, so I will only store those clothes that still flatter. I will alter those things that I still like which are not too baggy yet, I will also discard any winter clothes that are not flattering. No point in cluttering up the wardrobes any longer.

I found this on the screen when I logged in this morning so not sure if I posted it or not. Oh well! In for a penny!

These are more up to date.

Janetr These kitties are adorable.

Mary That is a fine cabin.

Sylvia That seems so obvious now that I know. I'm not always the most observant person. I know what you mean about DGCs. You love them, but they can be very wearing.

Becca I remember the first time we went on a nudist beach in France. We hadn't realised that here was a nudist area at the end of the beach, but embraced the freedom. Younger daughter (8 years old) was unfazed. Elder daughter (11 years old) stomped back to the car and refused to come back and join us.

I will post this in the October thread as well.

Irish Terri
  • madamebaco
    madamebaco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    And, because even the worst week or even month is improved by kittens... thought I'd share... hard to think the world is such a bad place when these guys peek over the armrest... Mouse is in the top photo checking out what's happening on my side of the couch, Squeak is checking out what's making the clicky noises in the bottom one. They're coming on gangbusters, gained weight, learning to be affectionate. They also trained to the litterbox the first day. Really enjoying 'em.

7op5f3jummv0.jpg
    [/q. U UN
    Oh my goodness! That has to be so much fun! I love kittens so much. Nothing sweeter or more entertaining! I would foster, but my 13 year old pair would probably not be a safe bunch to be around for those babies!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :) Here is the link to the new thread for October....don't forget to click on the star at the top to turn it yellow to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10261957/women-ages-50-for-october-2015?new=1
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    CynthiaT60 wrote: »
    Hi, just stopping in quickly. Down today. I'm struggling with the fact that I'm always struggling with the whole weight thing. Just so tired of it.

Wishing everyone a good day.
    Cynthia

I am a little late on commenting on this... Hope you got out of your slump. I know how you feel. When this happens to me, I step back and look at what I am doing and eating and tell myself I am doing the best that I can right now and I am in this for the long haul so I will make a conscious effort to move more and drink more water. Me personally - I don't want to cut out anymore food....and do work full time so the "move more" means that I will actually get off my *kitten* and go for a walk.!!

Take care Cynthia

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Chiming in with october goals:
    -Stay positive at work, don't succumb to the DRAMA
    -Log every day
    -Keep at the C25K training without overdoing it.
    -B.P. normal and md says i can stay off the meds
    -improve my bad cholesterol number by end of october

Karen from ny

Oh dear - you and I are twins!! Except I don't have the BP issue. There is so so much drama at work...eeekkk yuk.

And - how are you going to lower your bad cholesterol number, I need some help?

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options

:) Here is the link to the new thread for October....don't forget to click on the star at the top to turn it yellow to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10261957/women-ages-50-for-october-2015?new=1

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I came from the hospital yesterday, a day early. Physical therapy told my doc that I was their "poster child". My left leg looks like an elephant leg. I'm sure I'll feel much better when the swelling begins to go down. Home Health nurse will come today just to evaluate me. Then starting Monday a Physical Therapist will come 3 days a week for four weeks. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. I'm doing well

Janetr OKC
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    t4127.gif
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    Joyce I'm so glad you found both items! If I lost either one I would just have to go without because I could not afford to replace either one :(

Fragmoss I used to wear a size 8 shoe also :D BTW what would you like us to call you and where do you live?

Allie I've read all of the Stephanie Plum books also and just got #21 from the library. When my daughters used to take my grandsons and give me a weekend off I would go to Red Robin with my book and sit in the bar with all the other adults (I only drank diet coke). Sometimes I would start laughing outloud and wonder what people were thinking. I always thought Ice Cube would make a good Ranger when he was younger. I have to say I was disappointed in the movie. It's always hard to see a movie after you read a book because the director of a movie has a different idea of what characters should look like and it's usually WAY different than how I saw them.

Janetr so glad to see you are back home and your surgery went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Pip so glad you are doing so well! I'm not far away so if you need help with that ponytail, french braids, a bun, I have lots of experience having raised 2 DDs.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

Glo - good to "see" you. Please come visit us on the new October thread.
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    t4107.gif
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    I'm hiding from completing my food diary because today I had 4 slices of bread (I seldom eat bread) and 2 ice cream sandwiches! For some lazy reason I just did not want to cook today! I know I won't do it again tomorrow but right now I'm not ready to see my numbers :# On an up note I did lose another 2 lbs this month. :)

About popcorn - I also used to get the microwave popcorn until my daughter told me they had purchased an air popper and how much her 10 yr old was enjoying it. Well being a kitchen gadget junkie I had one down in the back of one of my cupboards so I dragged it out and made some popcorn. A quarter cup of popcorn makes somewhere between 6-8 cups of popcorn onto which I put 1 TBS of butter and some seasoning salt or a sprinkle of powdered ranch. I love it and the boys love it and and 2 cups = only 87 calories + the boys like to make it themselves! It's a Win Win Win all around.t4106.gif

Thanks for the tips about refreshing and the way to edit after posting! t0218.gif