Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • snavemom
    snavemom Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good morning and happy last day of September. Time sure flies, it doesn't seem possible that it should be Oct. I'm happy because it is cooling down. Where I live, our summer temperatures rarely go below 105. The hottest this summer was 117. Today will be 80 - I call that perfect and we even get some cool temps in the early morning. I'm loving it.

h8r8lgey7y1q.jpg

This is the Sacramento River looking west.

My husband starts his week off on Friday. We plan to take the dog and go to Yosemite, and Bodie (A ghost town) and do some antiquing in the gold country. Don't know when we are leaving - we're going to just go - not make any reservations anywhere and we'll bring sleeping bags in case we want to sleep in our van. I hate packing and all the pre-prep before going on vacation. I'd much rather, just GO and wing it. Believe that will be the adventure.

I love kitty pictures this morning and that black lab...I think was Pip. Adorable.

To keep up, I will probably check in morning and evening. I am finding it is more fun, having some friends to read about. Have a great day Ladies

Debby from Northern California
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oooooh this lawn man has been here nearly four hours on our 500 sq yards. The lawn looks terrible right now, but he sure was thorough! ! ! ! He's now sitting down with a cup of tea. :)

Carol - it WILL pass. You know that. <3 Sooooo hard when friends move on, even best FF. I agree with the others - just do one small thing towards sending out a resume.

Oh, my timer is beeping! Love H x

He's just rung the bell and told us he's given us a free reseed! He said 'Don't tell them!' Amazing what a cup of tea can do! He was here 4 hours 20 minutes. :) The info we got says it might take until the spring to recover!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hi, just stopping in quickly. Down today. I'm struggling with the fact that I'm always struggling with the whole weight thing. Just so tired of it.

Wishing everyone a good day.
    Cynthia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    morning peeps -

fanncy - hubba hubba on the new profile pic. guess i have competition, should post my thong pic w/my nice tanned tight *kitten*!!! lololol

kirby didn't wake us up, he forgot about spin class today. well at least i have a spin bike here and i can spin later n at home! took a pain pill, i'll tell you about it later

got to run errands w/the kirbster, type to ya later
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Katla- I think that the hotel idea would be a great plan! You might be a big help to her.

Irishterri- thanks! That is an updated picture that I did not know how to put onto my profile. Finally learned!

Penny- even though you are not using a barbell you are still doing Stronglifts for yourself. That is why you are so ravenous because you are building muscle! Good for you!

Sylvia- you are extremely busy! I hope you get your printer fixed really soon! I wish I could come and help you get ready for your group of teachers. (((hugs)))

Vicki- thanks, yes they will be staying in the cabin! We all get a little more privacy that way. Everybody that has come up so far enjoys being in there. I hope your day goes well at work! Overtime is good!

Chris-I do things that I'd like for fun now that are considered exercise by others, like walking or swimming but I am not doing it at a rigorous pace just for enjoyment. You might want to fill that hour that you are used to doing the elliptical with walking or even riding a bike but you just don't have to push yourself and you can still count it as exercise calories burned. You could even do the elliptical but you don't have to do it as a strenuous level.

CarolNC - just a suggestion for your exercises when you're pushing the ball up the wall push off from your heels and tighten your butt which will strengthen your back, glutes and hamstrings as well as quads and abs. Hopefully you are feeling better!

I got my walk in! Yeah! I met the 150 mile goal for the month! Now to finish painting the second coat on the cabin trim. I will send a picture when I'm done!

Mary from Minnesota
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Katla and Carol, I have celiac. It was undiagnosed but I was very symptamatic for 50 years. I am certain that my severe arthritis was caused by it- lack of proper nutrients to keep the cartilage healthy. I am also certain that my sugar addiction is because of the undiagnosed celiac- over time food came out looking like it did going in so I know I was only digesting sugars and carbs. I have multiple other health issues that are the consequence of malnutrition- three hernias, sleep apnea from lack of tissue resiliancy, sensitive nerves so I had carpal tunnel surgery twice and still have problems, my feet go to sleep in skates, ski boots or other boots, etc etc etc.

My son will be moving in over the weekend! Friday afternoon his brother will be here to help.
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh, I read and I read and think I am to the bottom of the posts only to hit refresh and find so much more to read. But, I am happy to be part of such an active and involved group. ;)

Weather has turned cooler today and the high is only expected to be 64F. It’s a little colder even where my daughter attends college. She texted this morning to complain of the cold, because she had to wear a jacket to her 8AM class. I’m being a bit lazy at work today. Today is the day I was scheduled to travel to Buenos Aires for a business trip. Alas, our project is running over budget and my trip was cut. My boss and co-worker are handling the onsite portion of the project. On the good side, they have the experience and actually know what they are doing where I’m still learning 6 months into this job. It would have been a good learning experience, but better to send those who can do versus those who would have to watch and learn.

Heather – All the talk of sloe gin reminds me of my teenage years. I used to work at a Dairy Queen and we would take their Mr. Misty slushes and add sloe gin. Then off to the drive in and no one would be the wiser. I didn’t just admit to underage drinking did I? Well, I think the statute of limitations has run its’ course on that activity. I'm sure your homemade sloe gin is much superior to what we were drinking as teenagers. :)

JanetR – Glad you are feeling good after surgery. <3

Fragmoss – Welcome. I would certainly be tempted if I were to work in a coffee/donut shop. Then again, I would burn off a lot more calories than I do at my desk job. How long have you been vegan? Was it a difficult adjustment? I think I’m funny too, but my family often disagrees. That’s OK because I don’t mind laughing at myself. Oh, and my shoe size is 7.5. :)

Joyce – So glad you found both your Fitbit and your iPad. It’s gotten very hard to live without our technology hasn’t it? Sorry that Charlie is still having issues with his blood pressure. You are a wonderful wife and caretaker.

DJ – That is my younger daughter in the pic. She will turn 16 in about 3 weeks. She is growing up way too quickly for me.

Lisa – You’ve not only done your best, but look back to day one and all that you have accomplished. Even if they decide to close the restaurant, you should be proud! B)

Well, I should actually get something done today. Type to you later...

Linda/IA
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump day!!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @snavemom Great picture! We too lived in N California down in Vacaville. We loved it, and we were close to our resort on the far side of Sac, (shh the clothing optional one). Only an hr away, so my self esteem loved it! My three sons were practically nude by the time we pulled into the place...
    How is Sac dealing with the water shortage? Gosh you all need rain!!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    Well today was my TOPS meeting, and yep I gained .50 lbs. Not as much as some of the ladies did! It was NOT a great week for most of us. There were 23 that weighed in, and only 3 ladies lost. The lady with the greatest loss of the week was 1 lb. so that tells ya something! Sometimes I think I am just too strange for them. I mean the lady that did the program was talking about positive ways of thinking, how to mentally flip your way of going down this journey. So at the end I added that I read an article about the correlation between your mind and your brain. There is studies shown that if you tell your brain positive things ie: "I am 145 lbs, willowy, and full of grace" (my phrase I use to think positively) your brain cannot distinguish between that phrase being fact of fiction. Your brain only knows facts, so it will actually try to make that phrase true (within your body). Its like the ultimate way of positive thinking, via your brains synapses making connections. Its quite remarkable! I got a lot of eye rolls on that information.
    We also got info on a new contest we will be starting in January. Its called exotic birds. So there are many different ways of obtaining points, losing weight that meeting=10 points, having a journal= 10, etc. Then there are going to be teams, and we will have locations where we will be bird watching. Other ways of getting points is to do a skit about your location, or talking about what kind of birds you have at your location. Ways to spend your points is to use them to buy things like, boots, binoculars, passport and a guidebook. It should be interesting. Anything to get us ladies to get modivated and lose weight eh? :-)
    We then continued to argue on when we should be starting this contest. Many of the ladies just wanted after the holidays because its just too hectic. I for one thought that HAVING the contest would make the holidays LESS stressful, more accountable, but I was out voted (by a paper ballot that took MORE time).
    One of the ladies that doesn't quite talk to me anymore, (because I am walking these days with a lady that she doesn't care for), paid me $1 to write out the contest rules that were posted on a board for everyone to jot down. Really? Hey if she wants to waste a dollar to have me write the blasted rules then whatever. Presently we need to do laundry, and we have no quarters to do it. I HAD asked on Monday (the lady that I wrote out the rules for) if I could possibly use her washer and dryer this week, on a day that would be at her convenience. She said that I could only do two loads on Tuesday. I quizzed my teenager on if he could PLUUEASE make it clothes wise to payday, and he said he could. So then I called her back and said I did appreciate her offering but that we could make it thru. *sigh* DRAMA...
    She was there for me kind of, which I should be grateful for but the vibe I get from her is plain snubbing. I didn't do anything, but she doesn't like the person I walk with twice a week. Childish, and petty!!
    My friend that posed the contest today, and was told we would put it off wasn't really happy either. Her and I are mentally sisters, and I love her! The leader matched up weight buddies for the months of October and November. I was picked last and had no one to buddy up with. So of course my friend said that I could join her buddy group.
    Went to my garden and looked at all the moldy tomatoes gathering bugs. Rain and tomatoes don't mix. Should I just let my plants rot into the soil? All I have is flowers (pansies) and tomato plants. I have a plot (wood around the soil). Should I pull everything (except the flowers)?
    Well enough ranting and venting. Love you friends!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Becca ... I sure do wish you lived nearby! I love the way your mind works!

Katla... I might explain to DSIL that your son was hoping you could join them for Thanksgiving, but then make it very clear you want to come and lessen her workload. A hotel is a great idea.

Debby ... Beautiful photo ...

Cynthia ... I know just what you mean, but have no advice to give ... If I did, I wouldn't know what you mean ... Hang in there!

Another rainy day ...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Linda - what a shame about Buenos Aires. That is one place on my bucket list. :love:

Becca - How different we all are! I can't think of anything more difficult and stressful than your TOPS group. And I hate competitions. But whatever works for each of us is the way to go. You thrive on it. The older I've got, the more I want a quiet life and difficult people are not on my bucket list. :laugh: Think I'm very antisocial.

My yoga friend is having a bit of anxiety and depression at the moment. Feel sad for her as she is such a lovely person. She didn't make it to yoga yesterday so I texted her to ask her where she was. I thought she had gone on an impromptu holiday as they have an RV. No, she is in retreat at home, "lying low" as she puts it. :'( She is prone to it, but can normally put a brave face on.
    My London friend is also feeling sorry for herself. Doesn't want to chat. :'(

Tomorrow I will get to grips with the solicitor's letter. Might ring them up first. Hope it doesn't keep me awake. Anger is very corrosive. I must just bear in mind that every step, however gruelling, gets me closer to getting rid of the place. So that is good. Isn't it? ? ? :ohwell:

Love Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Becca- you're totally right about programming the brain. I can't remember what it is called but we used to use that technique in teaching.

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Options
    One thing I do most every day is thumb thru my index cards. On them are positive affirmations, sayings. mantras, and just great words of wisdom. I am re-programming!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Heather-very grueling! But I think you will handle it just fine! You always do a fantastic job at everything.

Mary from Minnesota
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ! ! !

Following is what I typed before lunch, then I had to take some ICD-10 coding classes on my computer, so most of this might be old. Please accept my apologies, and know that I will do my best to get caught up again tonight and tomorrow.

Yvonne – Hugs. I HATE financial trouble. It makes some people so upset or uncomfortable when you bring it up.

Janetr – good to see you awake. Take care during the rehab. Hugs ! ! !

Joyce – what a traumatic day with all your electronic items. I’m so glad you found everything again. Hugs (for both you and Charlie) ! ! ! // Now the bp again? More Hugs !

Michele – Thanks for the suggestion about the bed and box spring. I will bring it up to my Dad and Aunt.

Barbie – A co-worker said to me today “ Walk a mile in my shoes, and you will probably find yourself at a Bar”. Granted, this is a little different than your friend, but it does send some thought into my brain. If I had to end that sentence it would be “ . . . in the bleachers of a baseball field.” I’m glad you were able to put your life into perspective. It’s nice to find the glass ½ full. Hugs for your friend.

Gloworm – That happens to me to. I think I’m caught up, then I post my reply and see ½ dozen more posts that I didn’t read. It made me feel incompetent, until I realized I just didn’t refresh before posting.

TerriR – congrats on you loss ! ! !

Lisa – a whirling top of stove popcorn popper. That sounds amazing. DH is sold on full-fat microwave popcorn, but I’m certain DD would love that. I think I have her Holiday (Christmas, except she is wiccan right now) present decided. // When the restaurant needed to use written tickets, were they duplicates? We used to have self-carboned tickets, so the waitress cashed out with a different ticket than what was left in the kitchen for the cooks. If they didn’t match-up, it was pretty obvious who was skimming. We also noticed that if the registers were OVER on a persons shift, that person was also probably skimming, and just forgetting how much money they were taking.

Allison – I have been looking on my phone for free download of audio books. So far all of them that I have found either don’t list anything that interests me, or require a credit card which makes me nervous that they will eventually charge me. I would love any suggestions from anyone. I never considered my local library.

Penny
    – interesting story about the rationing. Thanks for sharing. // I would presume that a person’s chances of dying in an avalanche would increase significantly if that person lived in a location where the conditions are right. I can’t imagine too many people in Florida die from an avalanche. ROFL at myself.

Vicki
    – I have done similar work in the past. It is hard at the beginning, but eventually I learned how much peace I was offering the family. It is an admirable thing that you are doing. Hugs ! ! !

Chris
    – what a successful shopping trip. Congrats ! I am hoping to get to Goodwill soon. My shirts are starting to look silly, and DS needs a few collar shirts for his bowling (I hope to get an em

I was the correct caller today, and won Third Row tickets for Natalie Cole Christmas. The problem that arises is that 2 of my co-workers want to go with me, so I have to either win more tickets, or let them go and I miss it. Sad and excited at the same time.

Now it is time to fix all the mistakes everyone made while I was taking my CBT and try to get out of here within about 15 minutes. Planning to stop at my favorite grocery store on the way home for produce and chicken fajita meat.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri F. in Milwaukee
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh Becca - Your TOPS group sounds like it is so filled with drama. And your story of being picked last reminded me of grade school and being picked last for kick ball games. :'( Well, I'm glad you have found a friend and are able to join her buddy group. And if you lived closer to me, you would be welcome to come use my washer/dryer anytime.

Linda/IA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Annr: I wonder whether your TOPS meetings are giving you positive support. The "ladies" don't sound particularly positive or helpful. I hope I'm wrong. I wish you the best. :flowerforyou:

bwcetc: I've been thinking about doing just as you suggest, and calling DSIL about Thanksgiving. I'm procrastinating and haven't done it yet, though. I need to woman-up and call her. :ohwell:

It is beautiful outside today, but I'm cold. I need to put on a sweater or jacket. The trees across the channel from us are still green, but fall is definitely creeping in. I hope you all have a great day.

Here is my September goals report:
    September Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow. Done. :flowerforyou:

2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength. I am making good progress and have exceeded my 3 day average every week except while travelling. :flowerforyou:

3. Have fun every day. This is the best goal, ever. :bigsmile:

4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more! I'm making it consistently. :flowerforyou:

5. Eliminate alcohol. Done. :flowerforyou:

6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly. This goal is worthwile and will stay with me. My averages are good. :flowerforyou:

Sometime this evening Barbie will post a link to the new October thread. See you there.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png