WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Sylvia I did ceramics at college, so I'm with you on the pottery, although did enjoy a course on Tiffany glass procedures about 15 years ago.

Becca I so agree with you about positive affirmations. When you tell your subconscious something with conviction, it believes you 100% and it works to find a way of making it so. I have proved this to myself time and time again. It's called Nuero Linguistic Programming (NLP). I learnt about it when I read 'Awaken the Giant Within' by Anthony Robbins of the Robbins Foundation.

Our tomatoes have to be grown in the greenhouse, but they are also at the stage where they need to be grubbed out. I will make green tomato chutney with the unripe tomatoes.

Janemartin Put me out of my misery! What is this with the Happy Hump Day? I have asked about it several times on other threads, but no answer was forthcoming.

Debbie Fabulous photo. I love your sense of adventure. We used to do those sorts of things when we were younger, but I tend to go glamping now as I like a bit of comfort these days.

Janetr I am delighted to see you awake and posting. Enjoy the euphoria while you can, and remember to pre-empt the pain, and take the meds on time for at least a week.

Chris I am also changing from summer to winter clothes. I had to try on 4 pairs of trousers last Monday before I could find a pair that didn't fall down, so I will only store those clothes that still flatter. I will alter those things that I still like which are not too baggy yet, I will also discard any winter clothes that are not flattering. No point in cluttering up the wardrobes any longer.

These are my October Goals.
    Most of them have been ongoing for several months, and I have had reasonable results with them.

Start weight: 210lbs (Spring 2013)
    Current weight: 167lbs
    Goal weight: 163lbs

Daily goals:

:star: Pre-log/follow through
    :star: balance carbs/protein/fat
    :star: 8+ cups liquids
    :star: 30+ minutes each Strength/flexibility
    :star: increase steps by 200+ daily
    :star: finish eating at 9pm weekdays
    :star: finish eating at 10pm weekends
    :star: post daily goals/progress - Just for Today
    :star: post progress - No Late Night Snacking
    :star: complete Hogwarts challenges
    :star: post weekly progress reports here

Irish Terri
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    September. Goals Evaluation

1. Increase weights on Stronglifts 5x5
    2. Weight lift at least 3 x a week
    3. 8 hour diet window
    4. 8 power foods
    5. 8 cups of water
    6. Follow night time snacking prevention methods
    7. Lose 5 lbs
    8. 10,000 steps on rest days

Quote- I know I can

Word - prioritize

I did good on everything except my form was not perfect with squats so I worked on my form instead of increasing weight. I did increase the weight up to 115 pounds but dropped back down to 90 pounds.

I have a hard time drinking eight glasses of water a day! That's why Iposted that picture of the lady with the wineglass saying it's so easy to drink 8 glasses of wine at dinner time!

I only lost 4 pounds this month instead of five but I am happy with that!

I have a hard time getting in lentils as a power food because I do not really care for beans so I usually eat peanuts but they are so high in calories that I cut them if I over eat on something else. I also don't eat as many berries as I haven't found many that have tasted sweet enough.

I have my nighttime snacking under control! Yay!

I got well over 10,000 steps on rest days I actually walked 152 miles this month. All in all I am quite satisfied with my exercise and eating healthy. I plan on keeping these goals for next month because I still need to work on them.

Mary from Minnesota
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    17gt0ukt1i13.jpg

Bernie has been trying to help me do my reading on the computer.....he wanted me to remind you that he likes to go to bed early so I'll be posting the new thread just before our early bedtime tonight.....I am surprised that all these words are spelled without extra letters since he keeps trying to step on the keyboard
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stat for the day-
    walk- from nails 2 hm - 24.07min, 1.2mi, no hrm on, est 100 cal

too lazy to get on the spin bike right now.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Chiming in with october goals:
    -Stay positive at work, don't succumb to the DRAMA
    -Log every day
    -Keep at the C25K training without overdoing it.
    -B.P. normal and md says i can stay off the meds
    -improve my bad cholesterol number by end of october

Karen from ny
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    It took forever to finish painting the cabin trim because it is a burgundy! It is a one bedroom cabin with kitchen living room and full bathroom.

wgwye890gypn.jpeg

After cleaning up and putting everything away I did not have time to start on the garage trim! I might have to wait till next week because we will be getting company tomorrow for the weekend. Hopefully we will still have good weather.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Cute cabin!
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Teri F in Milwaukee, don't give both concert tickets away. Have a contest between your 2 co-workers to decide who is to go with you. Draw straws, names from a hat, heads or tails, rock, paper scissors, etc. You win them and you should go. It sounds like it will be a wonderful concert. Enjoy! JMO

Chris in MA
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) Mary, I love your cabin.

:) Terri, I agree with Chris that you should go to the concert and find some random way to choose which of the co-workers will go with you,
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Irish Terri, do you mean that you don't know what hump day is? If that is your question, Wednesday is hump day of the week because it's all down hill from there. Monday and Tuesday are uphill.

I'm at the Y with the grands. All three are in the same gymnastics class, which was meant to make my life easier, but all the drama before they went in makes me question it. I told them all that they are to pretend they don't even know each other. Hopefully they will all be in separate groups. I know the boys are separate anyway, and he's the problem child. Sometimes he's a little brat! Sorry if that doesn't sound doting enough, but what's true is true.

Well, I'm going to spend some time in the weight room while they are doing their thing.

Good night all!

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Terri F, I think you should take neither one of those friends. Can you choose a relative or other friend?
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    Barbie, Bernie is beautiful.
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Terri. You. Should. Go. Maybe Chris' idea of a contest is good.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Barbie - beautiful kitty! What a great helper!

Sylvia - say it like it is! Nice that you can do something productive while you wait for them!

Terri - pick me! Pick me!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) Here is the link to the new thread for October....don't forget to click on the star at the top to turn it yellow to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10261957/women-ages-50-for-october-2015?new=1
  • snavemom
    snavemom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Becca from Oregon. I'm in Redding. I'm originally from San Francisco and San Mateo but we located up here to get away from the rat race. I love it here and I thought I never would because of the extreme summer heat. AC is a god-send.

The river is fine, has plenty of water. It's the watersheds - Lake Oroville has become the poster child for the GREAT California Drought. We'll be fine if El Nino pulls through - we might be having to build an ark.

Nice to meet you.

Annr wrote: »
    @snavemom Great picture! We too lived in N California down in Vacaville. We loved it, and we were close to our resort on the far side of Sac, (shh the clothing optional one). Only an hr away, so my self esteem loved it! My three sons were practically nude by the time we pulled into the place...
    How is Sac dealing with the water shortage? Gosh you all need rain!!
    Becca
    Oregon

• snavemom
    Options
    Irish Terri,

Ha we have a 34 foot motor-home, but our daughter is living in it, to the side of our house. She moved down here from WA and got a divorce from an abusive husband and she is starting over. So we get the van - Actually sleeping in the van, is a step up from what I had to do LAST summer! We all went tent camping in the wilderness, no toilets. No runny water. For just under a week. It was gRoSs!

Debby from Northern California.

Debbie Fabulous photo. I love your sense of adventure. We used to do those sorts of things when we were younger, but I tend to go glamping now as I like a bit of comfort these days.

• snavemom
    Options
    Love the cabin. Do you have pictures of the inside????

fanncy0626 wrote: »
    It took forever to finish painting the cabin trim because it is a burgundy! It is a one bedroom cabin with kitchen living room and full bathroom.

wgwye890gypn.jpeg

After cleaning up and putting everything away I did not have time to start on the garage trim! I might have to wait till next week because we will be getting company tomorrow for the weekend. Hopefully we will still have good weather.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota