Thigh Gap ?

Options

Replies

• whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I used to be obsessed with this when I was anorexic. I naturally have one even before weight loss. Like others are saying, it's genetic. I would pick a different goal :)
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Beast created by someone else's face
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise this app had to changed it's name to my fitness bitc* jees guys I asked for help not to be torn apart !! I think you most of you rethink what you want out of this app is it too make you feel better ripping people if so at least have the balls to have troll in your name !! Seriously If I ever wrote on any of your posts giving you advice or help well you can now put it where the sun doesn't shine

TTFN

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    I think the replies are relatively polite (especially compared to other threads here) so you are being a huge hypocrite when you post something like this. And since you already chided everyone might as well do something to deserve it - I hope your thighs get even bigger. Then you can embark on some other ridiculous venture because it doesn't seem like you are here to get healthy (which IS what most people want out of this app). Good luck.
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The fact that a "thigh gap" is now indicative of being skinny is pretty disturbing. It sounds like an unrealistic goal for women who happen to carry their weight in their hips and thighs. Based on their body shape I am sure some women would have to be severely underweight to "achieve" this new sacred goal. NOT TO MENTION, there are some fat women with thigh gaps, so this thing that thigh gaps equal thin is pretty insane. At 5'11", when I dropped weight before maybe 50lbs, guess what? I had a thigh gap. Still obese with a thigh gap. This trend is disturbing to me & this craze has the potential to lead many women down a dangerous path. So in summation, thigh gap or no thigh gap being healthy and happy with your body is key. If your thighs happen to ::gasp:: touch its okay.
  • blackgirlfit
    blackgirlfit Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i think thigh gaps r cute when the woman is already somewhat curvy... perfect example of this is Beyonce. She recently dropped some weight and her legs are so lean. for a woman that is a pear shaped.. she was able to achieve the gap. i think it all depends on if u have wide set hips or not.

Beyonce-As-Mrs-Carter-in-HM-2.png
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    i think thigh gaps r cute when the woman is already somewhat curvy... perfect example of this is Beyonce. She recently dropped some weight and her legs are so lean. for a woman that is a pear shaped.. she was able to achieve the gap. i think it all depends on if u have wide set hips or not.

Beyonce-As-Mrs-Carter-in-HM-2.png

Anybody can achieve thigh gap with photoshop....
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this.. if it happens good, if not oh well, you'll be ok. You can just start a routine and find out. I'm working on slimming my legs, but given my muscle mass and whatnot I don't think I'll be apart of that group.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    i don't believe there is a definite way, I know that if you try to slightly stick your butt out more it will work! also i know that exercising will burn fat (obviously) and if there is apparent fat, then you may have more of a gap because of fat burn. Also you could try and tone up the lower thighs because it may appear like there is a gap there if your lower legs are larger! if you need apparel to work out in go to http://www.footoftherockies.us/ because they offer nice cloths at a great price! hope this helped! :)

It's against site rules to advertize in the forums and that seems to be the only reason you are here.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    my thighs finally don't touch, but i had to lose 40 pounds to achieve it. keep in mind i did no exercise either so *~*
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i formed a thigh gap after i got under 110 lbs.
    depends on your build though, some people are super skinny and will never have a thigh gap, others are even classified as overweight and will have a thigh gap. dont force your body to have something if it isn't built for it.
    and when is the last time you heard someone say, "damn look at the thigh gap on that girl, so sexy." yeah that's what i thought
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yeah but how do YOU know she doesn't have the bone structure? Most overweight girls don't know they will achieve the thigh gap until they lost the proper amount of weight. My friend who lost a lot of weight before her legs from her calves to her the top of her thighs touched. She lost weight and gained a thigh gap. She's always wanted one and never knew she could have one until she tried. So OP could be able to get one, since you won't know unless you try.
  • skittle316
    Options
    actually no Beyonce just has extremely wide hips, so does her sister. Beyoces thigh gap is what most would call a real one because she has pretty big thighs she still has a gap. While most girls a pretty thin to have one.
    hope this works
    tumblr_mesuudbQ5w1rqgjz2o1_1280.jpg
    I find it funny that people use beyonce as this symbol, that girls cam have big curvy thighs that touch and still be beautiful/sexy when she has thigh gap.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The other day I put on some really really tight denim shorts just to see if they would fit yet, and they gave me a thigh gap. They barely zipped but I wore them around the house just because I could but yeah they were so tight that they were pulling on everything and gave me insta-thigh gap.
  • skittle316
    Options
    lol i'll actually answer your question unlike everyone else. With my experience with weight loss, really cardio is what will thin out your legs and get rid of extra fit. Mainly do a lot of walking I say 1-2 hours and like 30-60miutes of running for ultimate fatloss. What most people here don't bother doing, is reading that you said that you don't like your thighs rubbing together. It's ok since even you don't have the structure if you loose enough fat of your legs, eve if your thighs touch when you stand with them together. They won't when you walk, most of the girls I know are skinny like super skinny(like in my college class only 1 girl has a thigh gap), don't have thigh gaps but there legs don't touch when they walk. Also squats can also build lean muscle mass, if you to this girls tumblr f0rever--in--paradise.tumblr.com
    she has the tinniest legs but the biggest butt because she squats, and weight trains. Like legit people call her anorexic.

To give you probably the best advice out there, find girls who lost a lot of fat from there legs or even better try making your on custom wokrout plan to see what will suit you. If the end results gives you a thigh gap then good on ya for accomplishing what you wanted if not you'll still have killer lean,toned sexy legs plus your legs won't rub when you walk so you still accomplished your goal :) I think one of the worst things people can tell someone when they want to change there body is "you can't". Especially with thigh gaps if there overweight/chubby, you won't know unless you try.
  • playgun
    playgun Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The other day I put on some really really tight denim shorts just to see if they would fit yet, and they gave me a thigh gap. They barely zipped but I wore them around the house just because I could but yeah they were so tight that they were pulling on everything and gave me insta-thigh gap.

I luv u!
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options

I luv u!

Back off, she's mine!

I have a thigh gap, I wasn't trying for it or working at it, it's just there. I am very curvey and have wide hips., it looks good in jeans, but I can't honestly say anyone has ever complimented me on it lol
  • playgun
    playgun Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I luv u!

Back off, she's mine!

I have a thigh gap, I wasn't trying for it or working at it, it's just there. I am very curvey and have wide hips., it looks good in jeans, but I can't honestly say anyone has ever complimented me on it lol

Hey, don't I know you?
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Laura, I'm sorry you've received so many unhelpful responses, people can really be insensitive at times. It's a fine goal to have. You're just going need need to focus on losing weight in general though. You can't determine where the weight and inches will come from though. Brisk walking, jogging, and exercises that work your hamstrings, glutes, and quads will help to firm up your legs and probably give you the look you are after. I hope you make your wish come true. :)
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant I was at the weight I am now. Same amount of muscle and same measurements. Only difference is my butt is slightly flatter and I have a little bit of a thigh gap. Explain that. I blame child birh maybe? I really don't care about the thigh gap. I want my booty back :sad:
  • nikki_zz
    Options
    It is definitely possible to get a thigh gap without being unhealthy (for SOME people) -- you can checkout http://thighgapworkout.org to learn how