Thigh Gap ?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It is definitely possible to get a thigh gap without being unhealthy (for SOME people) -- you can checkout http://thighgapworkout.org to learn how

Just no.

ETA: yes it is possible for some people to have a thigh gap without being unhealthy (I have one and have since I left the overweight category of BMI) but NO to pretty much everything on that website.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely bizarre how many people have a problem with this. Since when does everyone get to judge what people are aiming for? How many of you are working really hard for a flat stomach, or big arm muscles? Not everyone has the same subjective opinion of what looks fit or beautiful! I know personally that as I lose weight, my thighs will get slimmer, so it's a really good measure of my progress if a gap appears between my thighs.

Because some women will starve themselves to an unhealthy weight to attain a thigh gap. As I said in another thread, I will only get a thigh gap if I'm seriously underweight (just over 100 lbs at 5'8)
    And many of the models who appear to have a thigh gap don't actually have one. They're standing with their butts out.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely bizarre how many people have a problem with this. Since when does everyone get to judge what people are aiming for? How many of you are working really hard for a flat stomach, or big arm muscles? Not everyone has the same subjective opinion of what looks fit or beautiful! I know personally that as I lose weight, my thighs will get slimmer, so it's a really good measure of my progress if a gap appears between my thighs.

Because some women will starve themselves to an unhealthy weight to attain a thigh gap. As I said in another thread, I will only get a thigh gap if I'm seriously underweight (just over 100 lbs at 5'8)
    And many of the models who appear to have a thigh gap don't actually have one. They're standing with their butts out.

I agree, and I wish we'd add a flat stomach to that, actually. I have to get too skinny (really) to have mine 'flat', and even then my muscles stick out enough that it doesn't look like some flat stomachs that women may strive for.

It's unhealthy and bizarre to strive for a figure that literally doesn't fit your body structure. Even with fat, if it takes an incredibly low BF% to get there, women shouldn't always consider that a reasonable goal. Men can run lower body fats safely, but women have physiological and often psychological reasons (more ED problems) not to try to go there, usually.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    aw meanies made her deactivate
    /scold
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I really don't get why this is important? Someone's going to have to explain this to me.

Me too, please!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    1377546879000-Hotdog.jpg

No thanks to the hot dog legs.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Anyone realize this is a 6 month old thread?
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg
    Lol youre my heeeroooooo
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Laura, I'm sorry you've received so many unhelpful responses, people can really be insensitive at times. It's a fine goal to have. You're just going need need to focus on losing weight in general though. You can't determine where the weight and inches will come from though. Brisk walking, jogging, and exercises that work your hamstrings, glutes, and quads will help to firm up your legs and probably give you the look you are after. I hope you make your wish come true. :)

Working your quads, hamstrings and glutes will give you great legs and bum, but, thigh gap? ....probably (or, from personal experience, absolutely) not.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hey Im trying to loose a stone and my desire is to have a thigh gap is this silly its something i've always wanted not to feel my thighs touch when walking has anyone managed to lose enough inches to get there thigh gap also do you think squats and cardio will do this for me thanks :)

uhh, what ?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Psssst

This thread is really old and the OP has deactivated.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    sorry i can't get my dang quotes to work today but here it is quoted:

"I can definitely say that I've noticed a hot woman and said to myself, "Wow, nice thigh gap!". I saw one last weekend that was incredible; she had the nice heart shape and ummm.... that beautiful thigh gap, and ...." end quote

One thing I have noticed is that guys often think the thigh gap is the space at the top of your thighs below your crotch, which many find hot (the little triangle of light). Women think the thigh gap is a bowed out shape in the middle of your legs that make you look very leggy a model (not my thing). I don't know how heart shaped butt and women's perspective of thigh gap go together because they would nearly be mutually exclusive, as far I can visualize, but I am open to correction. For women's version, you need a wide set of hips that does not narrow down to the heart shape but stays bowed out.
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options

Every time someone posts this I wonder why they don't form an MFP expiration date board and get special profile pics to show they're checking these dates and making sure we're all safe from old threads.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

Every time someone posts this I wonder why they don't form an MFP expiration date board and get special profile pics to show they're checking these dates and making sure we're all safe from old threads.

Are you volunteering?

I'm sure with your wit and charm droves of people would join that group the instant you created it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I post it because most people don't realize that it is an old post. They get pulled in and start trying to advise the OP who, 8 out of 10, either hasn't logged for awhile or has deactivated. But thanks for playing. :flowerforyou:
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    Well I don't want to hijack this zombie thread but I think there are two types of posters on MFP: 1) those who use the search function and add to old threads to keep information in one spot and 2) those who like new threads to keep the topics more current and specific to the original poster. It's just personal preference, but I am in the first category and like to party with the zombies. :smokin: :drinker:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Psssst

This thread is really old and the OP has deactivated.

I really really love your bat pic LiftHeavy. :laugh:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    It is definitely possible to get a thigh gap without being unhealthy (for SOME people) -- you can checkout http://somesketchywebsite.org to learn how
    Awesome first post.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Well I don't want to hijack this zombie thread but I think there are two types of posters on MFP: 1) those who use the search function and add to old threads to keep information in one spot and 2) those who like new threads to keep the topics more current and specific to the original poster. It's just personal preference, but I am in the first category and like to party with the zombies. :smokin: :drinker:
    Type 3 is a spammer, human or bot, that does keyword searches for forum threads relevant to a site or product the spammer (human) wants to promote... then registers an account with the forum and spams the thread. Witness the previous page.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I can definitely say that I've noticed a hot woman and said to myself, "Wow, nice thigh gap!". I saw one last weekend that was incredible; she had the nice heart shape and ummm.... that beautiful thigh gap, and ....

Really man? You notice that specifically? I'm not judging, just surprised that you would notice something that specific. Do you mean that you just like wide hips? Maybe thin legs?