CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Help ! I just found out I will be traveling for the next two weeks, and I won't be able to cook my own meals. Although I'm excited for the travel, I am super anxious on what this will do for my weightloss. I've been doing so good too ! Any tips or advice is much appreciated !

If you have the opportunity portion out snack baggies of raw nuts for snacking. If there is a mini fridge at your hotel. Pick up a few healthy snacks. If you know you are going to be eating at a restaurant in advance - look up the menu online so that you can see what your options are. If they have a fitness center plan time time to use it. If not scope out a place to walk even if you have to break it up in to 10-15 segments at a time. If you like protein bars pick up some - they are great fillers when you're on the road.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Help ! I just found out I will be traveling for the next two weeks, and I won't be able to cook my own meals. Although I'm excited for the travel, I am super anxious on what this will do for my weightloss. I've been doing so good too ! Any tips or advice is much appreciated !

If you have the opportunity portion out snack baggies of raw nuts for snacking. If there is a mini fridge at your hotel. Pick up a few healthy snacks. If you know you are going to be eating at a restaurant in advance - look up the menu online so that you can see what your options are. If they have a fitness center plan time time to use it. If not scope out a place to walk even if you have to break it up in to 10-15 segments at a time. If you like protein bars pick up some - they are great fillers when you're on the road.
    Thanks DB! These will really help !
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Great News ! I'm down a pants size !
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Thanks Laura. I agree about the meat. I'm always trimming all the fat and blood spots off of the chicken I eat. I can't even eat steak because I can see the fat.

Omg yes! That's how I am exactly. I've branched out into eating steak but it has to be perfectly cooked with no visible fat or weird looking pieces. If a piece of chicken even has a slightly darker spot I can't eat it. And don't even get me started if I happen to bite into a piece that has that weird, hard tendon crap hidden in it! UGH! Gag!

Exactly!!! Yuck!!!!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options

That's amazing! I tried on my size 10's and 9's and I was able to get them on, but they are too tight to wear. I was able to walk my 10,000+ steps on Tuesday in a dress without my rash guard shorts and I didn't get the painful rash I used to get so that was a mini victory for me.
  • pwrfl1
    Options

That's amazing! I tried on my size 10's and 9's and I was able to get them on, but they are too tight to wear. I was able to walk my 10,000+ steps on Tuesday in a dress without my rash guard shorts and I didn't get the painful rash I used to get so that was a mini victory for me.
    Heck yeah ! That's awesome! A few weeks ago I tried on a pair of jeans, they were snug but I wore them out anyways....I could not wait to get them off ! Those same jeans are actually feeling pretty good now.....I went to the mall to try on dress slacks today and that's when I figured out I was a size smaller than when I tried the same slacks in August !!!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options

Heck yeah ! That's awesome! A few weeks ago I tried on a pair of jeans, they were snug but I wore them out anyways....I could not wait to get them off ! Those same jeans are actually feeling pretty good now.....I went to the mall to try on dress slacks today and that's when I figured out I was a size smaller than when I tried the same slacks in August !!!

That is the best feeling ever isn't it? I love when I go down a size because it shows all the hard work I've put in is working.
  • Db8688
    Options

Awesome! What a great feeling!

Woo hoo! Happy dance! Great job!
  • pwrfl1
    edited November 2015
    Options

That is the best feeling ever isn't it? I love when I go down a size because it shows all the hard work I've put in is working.
    . Absolutely !!! Thanks Tiff !

• pwrfl1
    Options
    Thanks DB !
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options

Pwrfl1
    Do as DB8688 suggests, get moving early (walk, gym, yoga, hike, stair climb, watch a sunrise etc) Food wise, I ask for all sauces and dressings on the side, estimate volume of food before I start and subdivide so I know what is reasonableto eat and what to leave. Rest can be doggy bagged. If you are serious then you can not eat bread, beer or salty crackers, they just lead to me eating more of them but maybe your thing is dessert. I lost 4 pounds in a 2 week trip when my colleagues put on 6 to 8 each! Reason was Doctor had me on low sugar diet so that seriously limited my choices but surprisingly did not impact my fun. First trip I have not been drinking with my girlfriend's! ! Hope that helps
  • eemaries
    eemaries Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Congrats!!! You're doing awesome!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Pwrfl1
    Do as DB8688 suggests, get moving early (walk, gym, yoga, hike, stair climb, watch a sunrise etc) Food wise, I ask for all sauces and dressings on the side, estimate volume of food before I start and subdivide so I know what is reasonableto eat and what to leave. Rest can be doggy bagged. If you are serious then you can not eat bread, beer or salty crackers, they just lead to me eating more of them but maybe your thing is dessert. I lost 4 pounds in a 2 week trip when my colleagues put on 6 to 8 each! Reason was Doctor had me on low sugar diet so that seriously limited my choices but surprisingly did not impact my fun. First trip I have not been drinking with my girlfriend's! ! Hope that helps
    . Thank you ! It's good to know that you can come off a trip and still show a loss on the scale! I will def ask for things on the side, and hope my estimating is on par !!

• pwrfl1
    Options
    eemaries wrote: »

Congrats!!! You're doing awesome!
    Thank you very much !
  • Db8688
    Options
    Pwrfl1
    . Thank you ! It's good to know that you can come off a trip and still show a loss on the scale! I will def ask for things on the side, and hope my estimating is on par !!

If you aren't bold enough to carry measuring utensils then make you a cheat sheet from the Powell book just to reinforce what a proper portion is.
  • kauffman68
    kauffman68 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks DB! I guess we will have to do trial and error with net carbs.

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    BTW salad
    Pwrfl1

If you aren't bold enough to carry measuring utensils then make you a cheat sheet from the Powell book just to reinforce what a proper portion is.

You have me laughing! Thank you!! I can imagine sitting with our leadership team at a Tex-Mex restaurant with a fancy set of coloured measuring items including a scale. Love your suggestion of knowing a portion.

Personally, I look at the slab of meat (Texas!) placed in front of me and mentally or physically put my first cut at the point where one portion of it, is the size of my palm. If I choose to eat more than that, it is then a conscious choice. Also I always assume at least 1 tablespoon of oil was added in cooking. If I screw up the estimate of the salad there is only a few calories impact.
  • Db8688
    Options
    I found a lot of information on the Keto Cycling Diet at a site called ruled.me. You can even download a 30 day plan (donations are requested but not required). I lost 8lbs the first week of my keto routine BUT - I gained a whopping 5lbs back over the weekend. This was a result of binging on processed carbs. (Thank you mom for giving my daughter who doesn't like sweets that baggie full of chocolate chip cookies.) Lesson learned and moving on.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    I found a lot of information on the Keto Cycling Diet at a site called ruled.me. You can even download a 30 day plan (donations are requested but not required). I lost 8lbs the first week of my keto routine BUT - I gained a whopping 5lbs back over the weekend. This was a result of binging on processed carbs. (Thank you mom for giving my daughter who doesn't like sweets that baggie full of chocolate chip cookies.) Lesson learned and moving on.
    I like that site too! It's amazing how quick things can change on the scale like that, but what is equally as nice is how it will go lower fairly quickly. A couple of days of carbs under _____( insert your number here) will get you back where you want to be. Heck you will probably be lower than the 8, since you cycled up this weekend!!!!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    BTW salad
    Pwrfl1

You have me laughing! Thank you!! I can imagine sitting with our leadership team at a Tex-Mex restaurant with a fancy set of coloured measuring items including a scale. Love your suggestion of knowing a portion.

Personally, I look at the slab of meat (Texas!) placed in front of me and mentally or physically put my first cut at the point where one portion of it, is the size of my palm. If I choose to eat more than that, it is then a conscious choice. Also I always assume at least 1 tablespoon of oil was added in cooking. If I screw up the estimate of the salad there is only a few calories impact.
    . This had me chuckling too- I'm just going to wing the estimating by using the Powell method of using palms =cups....I did think about packing measuring cups, but knew that would probably put DH over the edge....I'm already packing my scale !!! Lol. I'm addicted to Happy Scales, and weighing daily....it really helps me to keep on track. However I only record once a week.