Options
1313233343537»

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    dunkut wrote: »
    I am still cycling. I actually bought Chris and Heidi's new book and started the "extreme cycle" at the end of December. It's been fantastic for me, funny how going from the turbo Cycle to extreme has worked so much better. I am finding my body needs the carbs to be successful at losing weight! Lost 8 lbs in January and am down about 45 overall!
    Congrats on 45 pounds lost !!! I haven't looked at their new book yet. What's the difference between turbo and extreme ?
  • dunkut
    dunkut Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Extreme cycle is four high carb days followed by 2 low carb and then a "reset day". They don't promote a complete cheat day, just one reward meal at lunch. You also don't eat carbs at dinner ever, regardless of high or low carb day. That is different from the previous book. Thanks about the loss, it's been great and frustrating at the same time but I really like cycling and it seems to work!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Extreme cycle is four high carb days followed by 2 low carb and then a "reset day". They don't promote a complete cheat day, just one reward meal at lunch. You also don't eat carbs at dinner ever, regardless of high or low carb day. That is different from the previous book. Thanks about the loss, it's been great and frustrating at the same time but I really like cycling and it seems to work!

Wow, four high carb days ? That is different than the previous two books. I'm happy that it's working out for you. Do you have much to lose ?
  • dunkut
    Options
    Yeah 4 and then my reset day tends to be high carb. I have a bit more to lose unfortunately. I started at 280 and am 236 now. I would like to get under 200 or until my tire is gone lol whichever comes first!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Yeah 4 and then my reset day tends to be high carb. I have a bit more to lose unfortunately. I started at 280 and am 236 now. I would like to get under 200 or until my tire is gone lol whichever comes first!
    That's fantastic ! You're half way there!!! How many calories are you taking in?
  • dunkut
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 1600-2000 and that's based off following the guidelines in the book. I use mfp to log it, the macros line up and the calorie are pretty spot on from his recipes and projections.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    @dunkut. Sounds like you've found your sweet spot !! Keep it up!
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Thanks for the info an congrats! I may try this myself!
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread. Very helpful. Why not start a group though so newbies like me don't have to scroll through so many pages? It seems like there's certainly enough interest! :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    I just found this thread. Very helpful. Why not start a group though so newbies like me don't have to scroll through so many pages? It seems like there's certainly enough interest! :)
    Yep you're right, there has been a lot of interest.....I started this thread several months ago after watching the Powells transformations on tv over the summer. It was a great introduction to the world of low carbing for many of us. I'm now working on going even lower carb as that seems to be working better for me at the present moment.

If anyone would like to start a carb cycling group...please feel free....I would certainly be a member, but don't have time right now to be a moderator.