CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow carb cyclers, I just wanted to share that I won the weight loss contest at my work. I lost 12.96% in 8 weeks :smile:
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Hey fellow carb cyclers, I just wanted to share that I won the weight loss contest at my work. I lost 12.96% in 8 weeks :smile:

Woo hoo! Congratulations!!! :)
  • Db8688
    Options
    That pizza looks yummy. Now I want some pizza, ugh. The struggle never ends.

Oops sorry! I can remember when I could eat all of the Cinnamon sticks by myself! Now I don't really like pizza type foods that much. Cheeseburgers are my fixation these days.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks DB!
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

THAT IS FABULOUS. CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks Sarah.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Way to go Tiff !!!!! That's fantabulous !!!!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks Sue.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options

Even without the official win your result is awesome. That win on top - Fantastic result! Well done and congratulations
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Tiff , what did you win, besides a healthier You ?!! I think vacation days would be a fantastic prize ! Lol
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Wednesday !! Half way there to the weekend....Last weekend was the beginning of deer season. While , I don't hunt, I happen to live on 20acres of mixed woods that backs to 80 acres of state land. These parcels have not been hunted for years until Saturday. We had some family hunt, and was able to limit out by the second day. So now I have jalapeño burgers, deer sausage sticks and jerky on order. Right up my low carb alley.
  • Db8688
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Wednesday !! Half way there to the weekend....Last weekend was the beginning of deer season. While , I don't hunt, I happen to live on 20acres of mixed woods that backs to 80 acres of state land. These parcels have not been hunted for years until Saturday. We had some family hunt, and was able to limit out by the second day. So now I have jalapeño burgers, deer sausage sticks and jerky on order. Right up my low carb alley.

I haven't had deer in decades but my oldest daughter lives in the mountains and they love deer meat. Her husband usually bags a couple each year. This year he begged her to come along - she did - thinking this might be a great opp to get some time to herself and enjoy some reflection time in nature. She wound up bagging her first deer. Dropped it with one shot. A couple of years ago they were out in the woods and she killed a bobcat - again - dropped it in one shot. Her husband gave her the nickname sniper wife. :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »

I haven't had deer in decades but my oldest daughter lives in the mountains and they love deer meat. Her husband usually bags a couple each year. This year he begged her to come along - she did - thinking this might be a great opp to get some time to herself and enjoy some reflection time in nature. She wound up bagging her first deer. Dropped it with one shot. A couple of years ago they were out in the woods and she killed a bobcat - again - dropped it in one shot. Her husband gave her the nickname sniper wife. :)

" Sniper Wife ". I literally laughed out loud over this !!! I love it!! It's been forever since I've eaten deer. It will interesting to see how these taste, as there were varying ages taken down. I'm all for anything seasoned like sausage...
  • Db8688
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »

" Sniper Wife ". I literally laughed out loud over this !!! I love it!! It's been forever since I've eaten deer. It will interesting to see how these taste, as there were varying ages taken down. I'm all for anything seasoned like sausage...

Plus side is Deer is so much healthier than the meats we pay dearly for in the grocery store.! I never tried the sausage but I used to like a good roast. Seems like we used to cook it in the pot roast bags that come with seasoning mix. Bon apetit! :smiley:
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Omg yay!!! That's awesome! Way to go, girl!
  • SpectacuLaura
    Options
    No deer meat for me lol... I'm actually super picky about meat and I have to examine every single bite before I eat it. Venison, veal, duck, rabbit, lamb- NOPE. Even with plain old chicken I always end up with a small pile of "bad pieces" that my husband takes care of for me haha.
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Thanks Laura. I agree about the meat. I'm always trimming all the fat and blood spots off of the chicken I eat. I can't even eat steak because I can see the fat.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    I'm not quite like you guys when it comes to meat, however I do like things like pepperoni or beef sticks, so whether it's made out of deer or beef , or a combo, as long as it's seasoned well I'm in. My man on the other hand is super picky....I've craving a good steak for ages, and he's not feeling it, so no steak for me. Either. ........yet! Lol
  • SpectacuLaura
    Options
    Thanks Laura. I agree about the meat. I'm always trimming all the fat and blood spots off of the chicken I eat. I can't even eat steak because I can see the fat.

Omg yes! That's how I am exactly. I've branched out into eating steak but it has to be perfectly cooked with no visible fat or weird looking pieces. If a piece of chicken even has a slightly darker spot I can't eat it. And don't even get me started if I happen to bite into a piece that has that weird, hard tendon crap hidden in it! UGH! Gag!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Help ! I just found out I will be traveling for the next two weeks, and I won't be able to cook my own meals. Although I'm excited for the travel, I am super anxious on what this will do for my weightloss. I've been doing so good too ! Any tips or advice is much appreciated !