CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Tiff - Don't you just hate when it doesn't taste that great ??? I hope the neighborhood is busy enough that you don't have too many leftovers !!!

All leftover candy will be donated to my work. Hopefully my coworkers will eat it all for me.
  • dunkut
    dunkut Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Help needed!! I have been carb cycling since July 1st, I have dropped 35 pounds but man the progress seems slow. I try not to get impatient as the progress has been awesome. I weighed 275 and now weigh 240. I do the turbo cycle and oddly enough my high carb day on Wednesday I always weigh the lowest. In the beginning my eating was perfect, now there is a random item here and there that I do log. I'm a big guy so my concern is I'm not eating enough?? Low carb days fall between 1500-1700 calories and high are about 2k-2100. I always have lots of calories to eat back but don't as I am trying to stick to the plan. Any thoughts are appreciated!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween Everyone ....I just wanted to pop in and say you all are doing amazing ..Keep it up :) As for me I have lost 3.2 pounds in 2 weeks since switching over to LCHF ....I hope you all have a safe Halloween (we aren't doing anything for Halloween this year due to both of us (daughter and I) having a nasty cold all week UGH
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere on these threads that there is a pattern of about a month or two months into a new way of eating, people sometimes get discourage bc they are not seeing the "signs" of success as much anymore. Whether its the scale moving, or the new pants size, or the ripped bicep, we start to tell ourselves that this isn't working and we need to change up the whole process, find a new diet, add 10 more workouts hours or worse yet, QUIT!.....when really all we need to do is dig in and continue on and give this change a real chance ..... just bc we are not seeing outward results, doesn't mean changes are not happening on the inside every day!
    Change begins from the inside out, whether its mentally or physically....

just my two cents.....

Thank you for this post! I needed to hear that!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    dunkut wrote: »
    Help needed!! I have been carb cycling since July 1st, I have dropped 35 pounds but man the progress seems slow. I try not to get impatient as the progress has been awesome. I weighed 275 and now weigh 240. I do the turbo cycle and oddly enough my high carb day on Wednesday I always weigh the lowest. In the beginning my eating was perfect, now there is a random item here and there that I do log. I'm a big guy so my concern is I'm not eating enough?? Low carb days fall between 1500-1700 calories and high are about 2k-2100. I always have lots of calories to eat back but don't as I am trying to stick to the plan. Any thoughts are appreciated!
    Yes it might be too low for you especially if you are doing heavy workouts. Also, I would check to see what your carb averages are.....are they under 100 gr? Everyone has to find their sweet spot on what that magic number to be. For me, it's around 20-50 grams of carbs a day.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    I read somewhere on these threads that there is a pattern of about a month or two months into a new way of eating, people sometimes get discourage bc they are not seeing the "signs" of success as much anymore. Whether its the scale moving, or the new pants size, or the ripped bicep, we start to tell ourselves that this isn't working and we need to change up the whole process, find a new diet, add 10 more workouts hours or worse yet, QUIT!.....when really all we need to do is dig in and continue on and give this change a real chance ..... just bc we are not seeing outward results, doesn't mean changes are not happening on the inside every day!
    Change begins from the inside out, whether its mentally or physically....

just my two cents.....

Thank you for this post! I needed to hear that!
    . Glad it helped !

• pwrfl1
    Options
    Yes it might be too low for you especially if you are doing heavy workouts. Also, I would check to see what your carb averages are.....are they under 100 gr? Everyone has to find their sweet spot on what that magic number to be. For me, it's around 20-50 grams of carbs a day.
    Also , if you haven't done a slingshot yet, I highly recommend it !
  • dunkut
    dunkut Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Also , if you haven't done a slingshot yet, I highly recommend it !

Low carb days are pretty solid, well below the hundred mark. 50 if I had to give an average. I have done slingshots as suggested, but am more than likely due for one. I am happy with the progress but just feel like I should hit 2lbs a week. Hate the thought of eating more but I know it works lol

• sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I chose Halloween as a HC/reward day so I could eat some candy. I was sooooo excited for the reese's cup…had it…and it was just ok. So I went it for some other chocolate--milky way. Should be dreamy…it was ok. SO WEIRD. Kinda disappointed but actually quite thrilled! Maybe I lost my taste for chocolate?? I know I liked it, but I didn't get that high I used to, the kind when you just crave more and more and more. I hope this is good news :)

• Db8688
    Options
    sarahruss2 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that I chose Halloween as a HC/reward day so I could eat some candy. I was sooooo excited for the reese's cup…had it…and it was just ok. So I went it for some other chocolate--milky way. Should be dreamy…it was ok. SO WEIRD. Kinda disappointed but actually quite thrilled! Maybe I lost my taste for chocolate?? I know I liked it, but I didn't get that high I used to, the kind when you just crave more and more and more. I hope this is good news :)

As you adjust to healthier food choices your taste buds adjust too. And eventually your body will respond negatively to too much sugar. Excellent planning BTW! :)
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I wish I felt that way haha! I put a hurting on some Halloween candy this weekend. In fact, I'm still trying to get rid of it and just get it away from me. Candy is BY FAR my biggest weakness :#
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I wish I felt that way haha! I put a hurting on some Halloween candy this weekend. In fact, I'm still trying to get rid of it and just get it away from me. Candy is BY FAR my biggest weakness :#

I sounded too angelic in my last post. I think I will always love chocolate. One thing I have on LC days is "left over" from my complete LCHF days when I needed fat bombs (food with low/no carbs and low protein and very high fat) is coconut oil melted with unsweetened cocoa powder and stevia. Also do melted coconut oil mixed with almond butter and stevia. I end up with two bowls of melted gooey heaven and I line a cookie tray with parchment paper and pour the chocolate on it and pop in the the freezer. After 20 minutes I pour the almond butter mixture on top and back to the freezer. Once all frozen, I break it into pieces (like candy bark) and its delicious -- not low cal but definitely finds a place in my day on LC days and keeps me sane. It probably the reason I didn't go nut with the Halloween candy.
  • SpectacuLaura
    Options
    sarahruss2 wrote: »

I sounded too angelic in my last post. I think I will always love chocolate. One thing I have on LC days is "left over" from my complete LCHF days when I needed fat bombs (food with low/no carbs and low protein and very high fat) is coconut oil melted with unsweetened cocoa powder and stevia. Also do melted coconut oil mixed with almond butter and stevia. I end up with two bowls of melted gooey heaven and I line a cookie tray with parchment paper and pour the chocolate on it and pop in the the freezer. After 20 minutes I pour the almond butter mixture on top and back to the freezer. Once all frozen, I break it into pieces (like candy bark) and its delicious -- not low cal but definitely finds a place in my day on LC days and keeps me sane. It probably the reason I didn't go nut with the Halloween candy.

Those sound really good! I might have to try those out (once I can successfully get the candy tossed out or given away haha)
  • tiffkittyw
    Options

I'm with you Laura. I've been eating 500+ calories of candy a day. I need to get it out of the house ASAP.
  • Db8688
    Options
    This is a really good article about dialling in th macros for your body typehttp://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Well here we are at the beginning of another month and time to reaccess what's been working in this Way of Eating for me. The next two months throw down some serious carb damage and I want to be prepared as much as possible to be on the losing end of the scale come Jan 1........does anyone have any particular insights that is or isn't working for them ?
  • SpectacuLaura
    Options
    Well here we are at the beginning of another month and time to reaccess what's been working in this Way of Eating for me. The next two months throw down some serious carb damage and I want to be prepared as much as possible to be on the losing end of the scale come Jan 1........does anyone have any particular insights that is or isn't working for them ?

I'm in the same boat- trying to plan ahead and be prepared for all of the holiday madness and not let it derail my health and fitness goals. At least for me, I've found it's much too hard to just simply refrain from enjoying any of the unhealthy food/drink at parties and family gatherings. It's just not realistic for my lifestyle. But I also have found that when I mentally give myself free reign to do whatever I want as a "cheat meal", it ends up spilling over into a 5 hour cheat binge and I feel terrible the next day. So I'm going to focus my efforts on finding that happy middle.

My plan is to eat lots of protein and get in a good workout on days when I have a party to attend or know there will be a big family meal. I want to allow myself to have fun and relax but also mentally note ahead of time that I'm going to skip the (gluten free) bread or only have 2 glasses of wine, etc.

I'm also going to focus on going easy on myself over the next 2 months. It's supposed to be a time to reflect on what you've done and accomplished throughout the year and spend time with loved ones. There's no point in adding to an already stressful time of year with added pressure on myself to lose a certain number of pounds each week. If I come out of the holiday season having not GAINED a single pound, it'll be ok.

...And then come January 1st, I'll be back to full beast mode ;)
  • tiffkittyw
    Options

Unfortunately I do not have any insight. Halloween proved I have no self control and next Saturday the scale will reflect the damage I've done. It doesn't help that my husband's new job requires him to travel so he is gone this week, and will be gone a week or 2 every month this winter and I'm an emotional eater. I need to get control of my eating for comfort. I also travel 1 day this week and will need to balance my airport lunch with the rest of the day's calories. I've pre-logged the rest of the week so I just need to stick with it. I brought the left over Halloween candy to work this morning so it's out of the house. I'm going to try and get as much exercise in as possible over the holidays which will be hard in Vegas for thanksgiving, but I will try to go on a walk each day. Otherwise I won't be too concerned if I have one 3,000 calorie day for both holidays if I cut back on calories 1 week prior to save up for that day.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Laura, I think you have a good outlook for the coming months. A few years ago, I was in full weightloss mode, and all I remember from that Thanksgiving was how I had to weigh in the next morning! I don't remember, any of the good food that was lovingly prepared, the conversations, NOTHING ! And that is truly sad......I want to be mindful of what the holiday is about and most importantly the people I'm spending it with....weigh ins be damned ! On the flip side of this, I know I still need to be accountable to logging in daily, exercising, etc...to keep the other days on point.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »

Unfortunately I do not have any insight. Halloween proved I have no self control and next Saturday the scale will reflect the damage I've done. It doesn't help that my husband's new job requires him to travel so he is gone this week, and will be gone a week or 2 every month this winter and I'm an emotional eater. I need to get control of my eating for comfort. I also travel 1 day this week and will need to balance my airport lunch with the rest of the day's calories. I've pre-logged the rest of the week so I just need to stick with it. I brought the left over Halloween candy to work this morning so it's out of the house. I'm going to try and get as much exercise in as possible over the holidays which will be hard in Vegas for thanksgiving, but I will try to go on a walk each day. Otherwise I won't be too concerned if I have one 3,000 calorie day for both holidays if I cut back on calories 1 week prior to save up for that day.
    . Tiff....I know all to well about emotional eating when husband is out of town. It took me awhile, but I finally put together a game plan for when he travels....I use this time to do two workouts a day....I pre cooked some really healthy meals that he doesn't care for and ate that through out the week, I put all his " junk food " either in the freezer or in opaque containers in the pantry, I make a point to contact girl friends I don't get to see very often, I chose a good read for the evenings, and soak in the bath tub if I have time..... I treat it as my" ME Week". Good job getting that candy out of the house....that's a huge step....And walking in Vegas is great way to stay active out in the sun !!!!