CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Tiff- How is your adjustment to your meds going ?
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Laura- 6 days till your costume reveal, how are you feeling ? I bet you look terrific !
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »

It's going better than I expected. I lost a pound last week. I googled reviews on the medication and many people have gained weight so I was concerned for a moment :smile:
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »

It's going better than I expected. I lost a pound last week. I googled reviews on the medication and many people have gained weight so I was concerned for a moment :smile:
    . That's fantastic ! Very happy to hear that ! Are you low carving today ?

• tiffkittyw
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »

. That's fantastic ! Very happy to hear that ! Are you low carving today ?

Today I am high carb, I've been doing low carb on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday's.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Slingshot update : Worked for me, lost 2.4..... The scale moved for me, but to be really sure about this process, I think the next couple of weigh ins will give a clearer picture. :) Feeling pretty good today!
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    Slingshot update : Worked for me, lost 2.4..... The scale moved for me, but to be really sure about this process, I think the next couple of weigh ins will give a clearer picture. :) Feeling pretty good today!

I'm happy to hear it works. I will be eating at maintainance Thanksgiving weekend while I visit my parents in Las Vegas. I hope I lose weight and don't gain that week.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Tiff- Sounds like a great plan for Thanksgiving....I think I will do the same. Thank you for reminding me to plan ahead for that heavily calorie laden holiday !! (:
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks DB , lots a good ones in the article! So this is the week you get measured for work ?! Let us know how it goes! How was you weekend , were you able to stay on track better ??
    Weekend was great. I stuck to yogurt , kashi go lean and banana as my sweet treats plus I found some Cinnamon popcorn that helped too. Screening is Thurs am @ 7:15 so I'm trying to keep low carb and low sodium till then just to see if that helps.
    Awesome loss with the slingshot BTW! :)
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Omg, I am craving loaded fries so bad right now, but my rewards meal isn't until tomorrow! The craving is so bad I'm thinking of reasons to have it tonight, half an hour before I go to bed!!
  • Db8688
    Options
    sybabe35 wrote: »
    Omg, I am craving loaded fries so bad right now, but my rewards meal isn't until tomorrow! The craving is so bad I'm thinking of reasons to have it tonight, half an hour before I go to bed!!

Try having some protein a along with a big glass of water and head off to bed.
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »

Thanks for the encouragement Db! I took a shower and went to bed. I woke up and did some core exercises (9 minute missions). My craving has died down. I'm looking forward to the comedy show tonight with some loaded fries. I'm going to try to restrain from eating the entire plate!
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Laura- 6 days till your costume reveal, how are you feeling ? I bet you look terrific !

Well after trying on my costume, I'm feeling a little better about it. Still have some insecurities of course, but I'm getting super excited and I'm going to rock it no matter what!
  • SpectacuLaura
    Options

That's great!! Glad it worked out for you :)
  • Db8688
    Options

Thanks for the encouragement Db! I took a shower and went to bed. I woke up and did some core exercises (9 minute missions). My craving has died down. I'm looking forward to the comedy show tonight with some loaded fries. I'm going to try to restrain from eating the entire plate!
    Awesome! And the best part is you earned it! Enjoy!
  • pwrfl1
    Options

Well after trying on my costume, I'm feeling a little better about it. Still have some insecurities of course, but I'm getting super excited and I'm going to rock it no matter what!
    . Good for you ! I'm sure you are going to rock it, and more importantly have loads of fun !

• pwrfl1
    Options
    Thanks DB , lots a good ones in the article! So this is the week you get measured for work ?! Let us know how it goes! How was you weekend , were you able to stay on track better ??
    Weekend was great. I stuck to yogurt , kashi go lean and banana as my sweet treats plus I found some Cinnamon popcorn that helped too. Screening is Thurs am @ 7:15 so I'm trying to keep low carb and low sodium till then just to see if that helps.
    Awesome loss with the slingshot BTW! :)
    . Thank you ! Sometimes you just have to trust the process...anyways, I'll be thinking about you Thursday ! I'm sure you will rock the tests !

• Db8688
    Options
    I was feeling down the other day and made the comment to my daughter that I was tired of struggling and not seeing results. Her reply was "But mom you have seen the kind cf results you get if you stop working out." Smart girl! I'm working harder now and paying attention to what and how I eat.
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    eemaries wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm new to carb cycling and today is my first day of the Chris Powell Method. :# Feeling optimistic but skeptical so I was happy to find you here!

How did the first couple of days go for you?
  • SpectacuLaura
    Options
    I was feeling down the other day and made the comment to my daughter that I was tired of struggling and not seeing results. Her reply was "But mom you have seen the kind cf results you get if you stop working out." Smart girl! I'm working harder now and paying attention to what and how I eat.

It's always nice to have someone give you a good dose of reality (especially if it's something you kind of already knew). It helps to get that kick-in-the-butt from an outside source sometimes :smile: You're doing great though, DB! No reason to feel down on yourself!

Whenever I get too caught up in my own negative thoughts, I try to remind myself that this is not a race. There is no deadline. It's not a competition. Life is going to happen and I'm going to eat too many Fun Size Skittles sometimes and I'm going to do 12 reps instead of 15 some days at the gym and I'm going to enjoy myself at family gatherings and have one too many glasses of wine. Life is going to happen no matter how disciplined we are. Just gotta keep on trying and never give up. B)