CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    tiffkittyw wrote: »
    Today I'm doing a high carb day. I just started thyroid medication so around 10 am I will have my protein shake for breakfast, lunch is tuna with light mayo on a 100 calorie sandwich thin, dinner is bean and cheese tostadas, snacks are Greek yogurt, Apple, 100 calorie popcorn, and a high protein granola bar.

I forgot to ask you..Are you following Chris Powell's plan or have you modified the concept to fit your goals?

I modified the plan to meet my needs. For example, I always have fat on my high carb days. I can't live without cheese :smile: I also do not eat all the veggies, I just don't enjoy them that much. I use salsa as a veggie LOL!
  • PlayYourCarbsRight
    Options
    Today I'm doing a high carb day. I just started thyroid medication so around 10 am I will have my protein shake for breakfast, lunch is tuna with light mayo on a 100 calorie sandwich thin, dinner is bean and cheese tostadas, snacks are Greek yogurt, Apple, 100 calorie popcorn, and a high protein granola bar.

I forgot to ask you..Are you following Chris Powell's plan or have you modified the concept to fit your goals?

I modified the plan to meet my needs. For example, I always have fat on my high carb days. I can't live without cheese :smile: I also do not eat all the veggies, I just don't enjoy them that much. I use salsa as a veggie LOL!

So salsa is not a veggie? LOL! I feel you about the cheese! As I'm trying to come up with a plan closely aligned to Chris' I'm like this is alot of vegetables!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    rizateena wrote: »
    HI all, I have started LCHF diet last week. Im on thyroid meds and metformin for PCOS. I am not diabetic. Really want to lose weight :|
    Welcome ! Glad you found us ! How are you liking LCHF?

Sue
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Sarah, how are you doing so far ??
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Sarah, how are you doing so far ??

Pretty good, thanks! My parents were visiting for 4 days, so that really was 4 HC days (one really a cheat day!) and so now that they are gone, I'm back to LC (2nd day today) but my appetite is just pretty big. I think if I can eat just a small no carb dinner tonight, I'll be right back on track.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    It may be too early to report this but the I believe the Slingshot worked....down a couple pounds this morning. Will confirm later this weekend !
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It may be too early to report this but the I believe the Slingshot worked....down a couple pounds this morning. Will confirm later this weekend !

Awesome! I showed a gain this morning so I don't know what will happen tomorrow. I could be retaining water due to the change in my work out and my new medication :neutral: I get discouraged though since today I turned down Olive Garden and donuts so I feel I should be rewarded with a loss LOL!
  • pwrfl1
    Options

Awesome! I showed a gain this morning so I don't know what will happen tomorrow. I could be retaining water due to the change in my work out and my new medication :neutral:I get discouraged though since today I turned down Olive Garden and donuts so I feel I should be rewarded with a loss LOL!

Oh Good! I'm not the only one that thinks this way !!!!

Your body will probably be going through a few adjustments for awhile. Go with the flow, it will all even out !
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Wow! I know everyone is different, but can you please tell (remind) me what cycle you were doing and how long you did the slingshot for (a full week?).
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Sarah, I do turbo, but like Tiff, I attempt to be pretty low on low carb days. (keto). That to me is the easy part. High carb days really should be adding a starchy veggie etc...but my down fall is the sweets and baked goods....so I'm working on that. I did the Slingshot for 5 days....again not according to Chris' program. I ate whatever, first couple of days ( over the weekend, another tough time for me ) and by Mon -Wed...it was cleaner but had things like tortilla chips, popcorn. In all honesty, I'm in the middle of moving, so I have random things in my pantry that I'm trying to use up. So probably not considered a true slingshot, but my body seemed to respond well. Today, I'm flushing a lot of fluids, which Chris says is normal and a welcome sign of the low carb days, which I wasn't doing very much of right before the slingshot.
    A caveat for me is my DH's doc just informed him that he needed to drop some weight and suggested to cut out breads, sweets and baked goods.... Well, yeah ! I've been saying this for awhile, it took a different messenger I guess. Lol. This will be a lot easier on me for sure !!!

Sue
  • Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Awesome
    It may be too early to report this but the I believe the Slingshot worked....down a couple pounds this morning. Will confirm later this weekend ! /quote
    That's great! :-)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Thanks DB!
  • Dharma143
    Dharma143 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am on week two of carb cycling. I lost almost half a pound the first week, and gained it back this past week. I cannot get the scale to budge successfully. I am in my mid forties and weigh 130. At 5'1" I feel better around 115. I strength train and cardio walk. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Dharma, I would love to help but need more info.....first off, what do you think went wrong ? Second, How was your macros ? Water ?, Let's start there and see if we can help you figure it out?

• eemaries
    eemaries Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to carb cycling and today is my first day of the Chris Powell Method. :# Feeling optimistic but skeptical so I was happy to find you here!
  • Db8688
    Options
    sarahruss2 wrote: »

Wow! I know everyone is different, but can you please tell (remind) me what cycle you were doing and how long you did the slingshot for (a full week?).

I do classic but Fri thru Sunday are the tough days. I'm a sugar addict so for now I'm teaching myself to eat yogurt and fruit in place of the sweets
  • Db8688
    Options
    I didnt pin these since I wasnt sure about all the recipes http://www.familycircle.com/health/weight-loss/diet-plans/mini-meals-weight-loss-diet-plan/[/ii ]
  • Dharma143
    Dharma143 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pwrfl1, I average 8-12 glasses of water a day. How do you correctly figure macros? I cannot figure what will work.i am starting fresh today low carb.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    eemaries wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm new to carb cycling and today is my first day of the Chris Powell Method. :# Feeling optimistic but skeptical so I was happy to find you here!
    . Welcome and we are glad you found us !!!

• pwrfl1
    Options
    Thanks DB , lots a good ones in the article! So this is the week you get measured for work ?! Let us know how it goes! How was you weekend , were you able to stay on track better ??