Options

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Just remember one thing. It's not just counting calories. It's the quality of those calories. Like avoiding all the fun places we go to. Starbucks, DD, McDonald's, etc. Those are very bad for you. Or just be sure to choose the lesser of all evils. Like fraps and lattes for just coffee. A Donut for an Egg White Sandwich.

I totally agree with you. Fun is so overrated.

because dieting should be on par with being tortured during the Inquisition....

^^^^ You get it!

Gluttony is a sin, no?

So one must do penance.

(Since McD's and DD seem like the anti-fun to me, I guess I should go there.)

For the record, and because I may sound like a grouch, I'm not anti-donut. Someone in my office brought in donuts from Stan's this morning so I decided to eat half of one as my post-workout snack. I'm going to fit it in my calories. ;-)

Am I supported in this?

There are gluten free donuts. I just can't bring myself to try them. I think they'd be made of either lead or air and disappointment.

I have. Some are good, some are not. They are not as good as the gluten-filled kind, and they WAY more expensive. So kind of not worth it. The glazed kind, by Kinnickinnick (sp?) isn't bad, if you warm them up.

One of these days (when I'm healthy) I am going to hit the Kinnikinnick bakery and pick up some fresh cinnamon buns, donuts and cream puffs! If only it wasn't 30 minutes away, and I already spend so many hours a day driving...
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Just remember one thing. It's not just counting calories. It's the quality of those calories. Like avoiding all the fun places we go to. Starbucks, DD, McDonald's, etc. Those are very bad for you. Or just be sure to choose the lesser of all evils. Like fraps and lattes for just coffee. A Donut for an Egg White Sandwich.

^^^^ You get it!

Gluttony is a sin, no?

So one must do penance.

For the record, and because I may sound like a grouch, I'm not anti-donut. Someone in my office brought in donuts from Stan's this morning so I decided to eat half of one as my post-workout snack. I'm going to fit it in my calories. ;-)

Am I supported in this?

There are gluten free donuts. I just can't bring myself to try them. I think they'd be made of either lead or air and disappointment.
    Gluten free, glutton free :D
    No wonder that fad has taken off

There was a website that actually had a typo where it said glutton free cookies but meant gluten free. I sent them in a message and said "I think you mean gluten free, but if you have a glutton free cookie recipe, I'd be very interested."

:D

Haha! Sign me up, too!

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I juice all my calories, lol. ;) Please someone pat me on my back.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

Don't want to pat too hard. You might poop yourself. I hear liquid diets are good for that.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Yes I count them...because science ...lol..cico. Its the way to go! Eat at a deficit- weight loss
    Eat at a surplus,- weight gain :wink:
    So yes calorie counting, using a food scale, logging accurately are very important to me :)
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

Dem toxins......
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

^^^^ You get it!

Gluttony is a sin, no?

So one must do penance.

Am I supported in this?

I have. Some are good, some are not. They are not as good as the gluten-filled kind, and they WAY more expensive. So kind of not worth it. The glazed kind, by Kinnickinnick (sp?) isn't bad, if you warm them up.

One of these days (when I'm healthy) I am going to hit the Kinnikinnick bakery and pick up some fresh cinnamon buns, donuts and cream puffs! If only it wasn't 30 minutes away, and I already spend so many hours a day driving...

That's - f-in - amazing. Can I come?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    There has to be some benefit to living this far north! :) Home of Kinnikinick :grin:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    There has to be some benefit to living this far north! :) Home of Kinnikinick :grin:

Do you ship? LOL
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I don't count clean calories, only the dirty ones...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

^^^^ You get it!

Gluttony is a sin, no?

So one must do penance.

Am I supported in this?

Gluten free, glutton free :D
    No wonder that fad has taken off

There was a website that actually had a typo where it said glutton free cookies but meant gluten free. I sent them in a message and said "I think you mean gluten free, but if you have a glutton free cookie recipe, I'd be very interested."

I have a photo on my phone of a pizza menu that got dropped in my mailbox which boasts "glutton free bases!". If MFP ever fixed the app so I could upload pics from my phone, I'd post it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

I'm going to start washing all my calories, then I don't have to count them.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I don't count mine. I just weigh them all in cups, most some of the time. When I feel like it. Because that's the most accurate way. I just don't understand why I am not losing weight because I know I am eating 1200 calories and I am never hungry so I think I need to eat more. It must be starvation mode.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Well, you'd be better off if you just washed those calorie first.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Yes I've heard that thoroughly cleaning foods will remove 30% of the calories. It also helps remove those toxins. ( don't ask me which toxins though because I can't answer that )
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I count calories and I did lose some weight, still figuring out how to loose it though.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I only count the calories that come out of a box or a package. Or the ones I can't pronounce. Or the ones my ancestors wouldn't have eaten.

Mmmmm....grubs and long pig.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Yes I've heard that thoroughly cleaning foods will remove 30% of the calories. It also helps remove those toxins. ( don't ask me which toxins though because I can't answer that )

I thought cleaning foods removed 40% of the calories, so I guess my intake logging in my diary is underestimated again.....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I only count the calories that come out of a box or a package. Or the ones I can't pronounce. Or the ones my ancestors wouldn't have eaten.

I only consume things that were available in my grandmother's time. My lard pudding is amazing and that Thalidomide I took this morning is very relaxing..