Options

exercise.png

10/1--Workout B & walking
    10/2--Workout C & 3.24 miles
    10/3--10.48 miles
    10/4--rest day
    10/5--4.5 miles
    10/6--Workout A
    10/7--4.42 miles(Whoop whoop! Even though it's warmed up again, my pace was good.)
    10/8--Workout B
    10/9--Workout C & 3.02 miles
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Missed out reading the posts yesterday so now I have a bunch to catch up on.

Did 8 miles this morning with great weather - watched the sun come up

924cf53225a18ab_black.png

Now back to catching up on everyone's posts! ;)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I've arrived at my place...waiting on the friends. Long journey even though it was 'only 3.5 hrs'. . Oof excited about tomorrow though!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    To everyone racing this weekend...GO OUT AND KICK SOME BUTT!!!

@ddmom0811, I could never pare down to 100 items, but it would be a fun mental exercise to do it on paper. As I get older, and after going through the possessions of 3 deceased relatives, I do get very frustrate with all the stuff I have and am trying hard to get rid of the things I don't need or really want. I love your new profile picture, btw.
    @skippygirlsmom, ain't no such thing as dancing too much!
    @elise4270, I hate wearing glasses when I run so I wear my contacts. Normally I would only wear contacts on the weekend because I need readers if I wear them work, but I'll put them in just for a run.
    @snha, you're making me feel guilty. It's my 5 month running anniversary and the most exercise I got today is clapping at my son's soccer game. (they won 2-1, and finished the season with a 14-0-2 record. My son played goalkeeper in 9.5 games and allowed an average of 0.74 goals in per game. Now he switches to indoor boarded soccer in two weeks.)
    @kareF, please DO gloat! We love to hear about everyone's successes! So glad to hear about your pain free run! It sounds like you had a moment of running enlightenment. That is awesome!

Time for me to go to bed. I have a looooong run in the morning!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I've arrived at my place...waiting on the friends. Long journey even though it was 'only 3.5 hrs'. . Oof excited about tomorrow though!
    ....probably NOT appropriate to wish "break a leg" to a runner, but as a performer, you'll "get" the reference....

GOGIRLGO!

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    To everyone racing this weekend - run fast and have a great time!!

@Elise4270 - While I could wear my prescription sunglasses when I run (they are Nike sport frames), they make me sick to my stomach so I don't wear them. Instead I have regular Smith Optics running sunglasses with interchangeable lenses depending on the lighting conditions and I love them! They aren't too big but have great coverage and they stay in place.

It is HOT here again - I did get an early run in this morning before it got too hot (107F today!!) so now I am going to whine... I need/want to run 12 miles tomorrow, the overnight low is only supposed to get down to the mid 70s and be mid 80s soon after the sun comes up :( I am really done with this hot weather. I was loving it being cooler and getting some nice running in. Now I don't even want to get up to go tomorrow and doubt I will get in 12 before it is too hot. Damn - it is making me SO cranky!! I will just go out and do however much I can whether it is 3, 6 or 12... at least it is a run!

Date.......Miles......Total
    10/01.......8.45........8.45 - +Strength Training
    10/02.......0.00........8.45
    10/03.......6.12......14.57
    10/04.......4.47......19.04
    10/05.......5.39......24.43 - + Agility
    10/06.......4.70......29.13 - + Strength Training
    10/07.......0.00......29.13
    10/08.......5.12......34.25
    10/09.......7.57......41.82

exercise.png
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Saw a hot air balloon on my run this morning. A beautiful sight in an orange sky.

exercise.png
  • JamalIgle
    JamalIgle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 120-130 miles.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I tapered this morning and completed 7.18 miles.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    10/1: 8 miles am and 6.2 pm with the Thursday crew
    10/2: Rest day
    10/3: 10 miles with Saturday crew
    10/4: 13.1 - Princeton Half Marathon (new HM PR!)
    10/5: 5 miles recovery style
    10/6: O Holy Rest Day........
    10/7: 7 miles hills
    10/8: 10 miles (am), 6.4 miles (pm) with the Thursday crew
    10/9: Rest day
    10/10: 20.5 miles

Did the first 7 or so with a group and the rest solo. Got off to a rocky start having to meet the group half an hour late after their first 3 mile loop because my Garmin was almost dead when I put it on (after charing it, I unplugged it but didn't put it on the sleep screen, so it was on the activity screen all day killing the battery). Charged it to 50%, ran with the group, peeled off for my own route and tacked on some bits here and there to get the 3 miles in. Ended up with an extra half mile, but was feeling good! Did 18.5 at a 9:00 pace -- then I got a low battery warning so I saved the run because I figured I could remember/guestimate the rest if the watch died. Then I did 2 miles at an 8:23 pace, the watch didn't die (was around 10% when I got home though), and now I am going to put my feet up!

All in all: 62 mile week, thanks to a HM and a long run in the same 7 days. My lower back is sore, my feet hurt, and I am totally exhausted, but this was a weekly mileage PR by about 7 miles! Moved today's long run from Sunday to Sat so that next week is only 44-48 miles, so hopefully I'll be feeling fresh for the Baltimore HM next weekend!

86.2/220

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    10/1 - 8 miles
    10/2 - 5 miles
    10/3 - 5.1 miles
    10/4 - rest day Allen's son is in the Nat'l Guard and was supposed to jump yesterday. We were headed there when they cancelled the jump :-1:
    10/5 - 10.1 miles
    10/6 - 5.1 recovery miles
    10/7 - rest day
    10/8 - 6.6 miles of hilly hills :smiley: not big hills just rolling up and down and up and down
    10/9 - 5 miles my first mile I thought was crappy because I thought my watch said 10:50 and it felt like 10:50. Turned out it was 10:05 which I didn't realize until I pushed harder and my next split was 9:47. Ended up with a 9:49 pace... so happy especially after dancing too much and too late at the Miranda Lambert concert last night!
    10/10 - 5 miles - 9:55 pace don't know what's gotten into me. Ran with Skip who is home from Disney.

49.9 of 120 miles

3h4f4v5ajxmf.jpg

Hope everyone running this weekend had a great one or has a great one.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @snha super !
    @kareF great job on being painfree that is what matters not time
    @jorocka can't wait to hear about your HM
    @shanaber sorry the heat is still there kicking butt. :disappointed:
    @clarewho love hot air balloons
    @kristinegift congrats on the mileage PR
    @stoshew71 how was the dash?
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    Oct 03      6.0      6.0
    Oct 04     11.2     17.2
    Oct 06      4.3     21.5
    Oct 08      6.3     27.8
    Oct 10      8.3     36.1

exercise.png

The weekend! So I can run outside again ... beautiful, cool day. Stopped at the high school halfway through my long run to watch my niece's field hockey game, before switching my Garmin back on and finishing the route.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I thought about doing that. With distance correction I can't see close. But I may re-try that. I had multi focals, but they aren't perfect.

@shanaber I like the glasses idea... I think I'll look into them. I wear single vision correction, luckily the don't bother me. I have simulation sickness, fast movement in movies, cars, trains passing, etc. When I first started running.

@ddmom0811 No doubt! You cant have too much running gear! I guess it be like living in a dorm with 100 things. Probably be okay once you adjusted.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So quick up date. We are alive. I'm feeling a little pulverized and my stomach is now giving my grief... But I crossed the line around 1:58. I did a happy dance... Okay it wasn't a hair dance. It was a straight end zone fist pumping F+++KYESSSSS kind if reaction. Super happy e are done. Very happy I accomplished my goal.
    Pictures and more later!
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I took the last few days off due to shin splints. Was feeling good this AM so I did W6D2 and it went just okay. I ended up walking the last two min of the running portion. Oh well.

MTD - 16.5
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka, way to kick some *kitten*!!

I just finished an 18 mile run on a beautiful rails-to-trails trail. I'm very excited about my pace. 10:32 overall and get this.. Miles 14 through 17 I decided to run hard managed about a 9:00 pace for those three miles! That's about what I want to average on my HM. There may have been a mile and a half stretch at 8;40. I won't know for sure until I dump the data to my pc tomorrow.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    So quick up date. We are alive. I'm feeling a little pulverized and my stomach is now giving my grief... But I crossed the line around 1:58. I did a happy dance... Okay it wasn't a hair dance. It was a straight end zone fist pumping F+++KYESSSSS kind if reaction. Super happy e are done. Very happy I accomplished my goal.
    Pictures and more later!

Way to go! Super time!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka - YAY!!! Fantastic run and a great PR! Doesn't it feel great!?! Can't wait to see the pics!
    @7lenny7 - I have read so much about rails to trails, I hope one of these days to be where one is and take advantage of it, especially in the north west!
    @skippygirlsmom - You are becoming a little speedster! I would blame (or give credit to) Skip's coach!
    @Clarewho - that would be awesome to see a hot air balloon!
    @ddmom0811 - my daughter has been trying to get me to 'streamline' and go minimal and I just ask 'why?' besides she hasn't been able to do it herself. I have way too much running and workout 'stuff' but I do use it all and besides I don't have to buy clothes for work (wear my sweats or workout clothes in my home office) so I can spend on running gear instead - right??

I managed to get in just under 11 miles today instead of my planned 12. With the heat I am not unhappy and am pleased I got it in. I went a different more shady route today that took me on streets over to a bike path I haven't run for a while. I actually felt great the first 8 miles until I turned around for the last 2 to go home. The wind that I had been fighting against had actually been keeping me surprisingly cooler and when I turned with it to my back it felt like the temp went up 10-15 degrees. I actually was going to try to get in the extra distance to get to 12+ but I turned off the trail and headed home instead - it was just too hot. I jumped in the pool to cool off and while it has gotten colder from the cool nights earlier in the week, it still felt wonderful!
    Hobbes the Vizsla did not get to go because of the heat and is still pouting. I will make it up to him with an active rest day tomorrow at the beach even though it isn't much cooler there he can run off leash with me on the cool sand.

Date.......Miles......Total
    10/01.......8.45........8.45 - +Strength Training
    10/02.......0.00........8.45
    10/03.......6.12......14.57
    10/04.......4.47......19.04
    10/05.......5.39......24.43 - + Agility
    10/06.......4.70......29.13 - + Strength Training
    10/07.......0.00......29.13
    10/08.......5.12......34.25
    10/09.......7.57......41.82
    10/10.....10.90......52.72

exercise.png
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka - That's awesome, way to go!!

This morning is the first run I've done in the absolute pouring rain. Call me crazy but I actually really enjoyed myself. I can't access my ticker for some reason but I'll update it on Monday.

10/01: 4.34
    10/04: 4.92
    10/06: 4.96
    10/08: 1.69
    10/10: 4.78

Total: 20.69 of 50

Have a great rest of the weekend and good luck to everyone racing!