WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Joyce~ on the subject of adult diapers,if he is willing to wear them..we got both kinds for DFIL, the tab ones they use at nursing home.. the pull on ones are more like underwear,...Faith (Jeans mom) wears those kind she has pretty bad incontenence.you can get them at BJs, Costco,Sams... they also make something that is just made for bowel incontenence. about the microwave.. if there is something that he usually has that is cooked for a certain about of time,say 1 minute or 2, take a little round colored sticker and put it on that ne button, Occupational therapist did this for DFIL when he was still at his own home... hope this helps.
    slept 9 hours but not fitfully.. was awake from 11-1 went into my room and slept ,did sleep on the expensive sheets, they were comfy.
    well the pellet stove is sold and my BIL came and got a bureau we had.. so slowly we are getting rid of stuff,,
    I have a hair appt on thursday but now I have to see if I can change it to weds a.m., because they didnt deliver the new pellet stove the truck broke down,so of course they will be here early on thursday... which throws my day off.. but Oh well.
    Faith (Jeans mom) supposed to pay me 20.00 a day to take care of her when I go up and do her stuff, so she called me yesterday she has early stage alzheimers.. and said she said that I said I told her she didnt need to pay me and she was going to send that money to a charity.. Oh well the money would have come in handy but .. she is paying it forward.. someone who needs it more than me..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Lunch at my daughter's went well. DGS#1 was supposed to join us but missed the train. He arrived before we left so we were able to get an update on Fresher's Week. DGD has arrived safely in Cambridge.

USA is so big and you have so many extremes of weather at the moment. Wouldn't it be great if we could share it round a little more? Our Indian Summer has fled this morning, the wind is howling outside, and raindrops are streaming down the windows. On mornings like this, I do not rush to get up, although I did do a Physio session at 7am. I like to get it out of the way when I am fresh. DH has gone off to his yoga, and I plan to sort through my Autumn/winter clothes before lunch. We are off to our 2nd lecture in the Peace Programme after lunch.

Lilian I love that you are making a card. I have been doing the same thing for many years. It's so relaxing. Have a great time at the party.

Sylvia and Beth All those lovely baked goods would be too tempting in my house :lol:

Katla What very sensible idea that is. I try to set achievable goals and celebrate every single one. I learnt that lesson the hard way and often rest on the plateaus.

Heather So sorry you got hacked. It's such a bother having to reset technology. I hope it's sorted now. Our planters are still full of colour, but we will have to get our winter planting done soon. I love to plant up with daffs and tulips for a spring explosion.

Michelle We have a really good thrift store in our local small mall. I love browsing there. I'm a great believer in Reduce! Reuse! Recycle! It's because I'm a post-war baby. We had rationing in the UK until I was 6 years old.

Annr Congrats on the loss! Love your experimentation. I must try that it sounds delicious.

Sharon in Lethbridge Sharon, you show remarkable restraint under extreme provocation. I don't know why some people feel the need to put others down like that. That man has serious problems with self-esteem if he needs to behave like that. No real man would be so crass.

(((Hugs))) and prayers to those who need them. Welcome to all the new folk.

Irish Terri
    smiley-happy110.gif
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Joyce SD love your profile picture. How did you download it onto your profile page? That might be a factor. The size of your photo could be a factor too.

Teresa Happy Anniversary!

Mary hope things are going better.

Heather like the idea of writing everything down that is bothering you and then burning it.

DSIL left yesterday. Now time to do that jigsaw puzzle/

:heart: MNMargaret
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    well DFIL is all fed, he was adorable this morning..
    I wrote a nasty note ,dont know if I will give it to Tom or not, sometimes it just is better to write it down and stow it away..
    tired of being stepped on like a bug, there is so much other bad cr@p going on in the world and the stuff he gets ornery at is just plain stupid.
    I did write in the note that ,I dont deserve to be treated with such disrespect . that any man with respect for himself would treat his wife with love and respect, treat her like a queen,do anything to make her happy..
    that is not in his make-up it was when we started dating,but he is just getting worse with age..
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Another day with possible rain so I have to wait to paint probably until We return from vacation. It might be too cold then. I am going to visit my DM Tuesday and Wednesday Thursday I have to Pack for our vacation and Friday we leave for 10 days. Unless I Pegion my sleep I don't know when I can get done.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    morning peeps -

annr- congrats on your loss!

damnit - i do have one good hand to beat someone up ya know.

welcome sislee and teresamarie!

grandmallie - u r a good soul. as far as the note, i would "accidentally" leave it out and when he finds it just say, "oops, i was writing my feelings down, i didn't mean for you to see it, oh well, now you know"

I am terrible at taking pills or remember to take them when I should. I bought a multi-vitamin for over 50 women and I am going to try to taken them. I have them in front of my desk. this morning I was really itchy and I was rubbing that area, we were at the gym already. I looked in the mirror and I noticed it was red in a corner and I was touching an exposed part of the would, Kirby repositioned the gauze and added more tape (scotch tape all we had) to hold me over til after class. put cortisone cream around where I needed it and put new gauze and tape on it and not putting the bra strap over my shoulder at all. we will c how the day goes, my hand is tired already from this typing and the work day hasn't begun. I started laying down to sleep a couple of days ago. tweaked the pillow situation and seems to be going ok. I got a followup appointment on the 9th. it will be interesting 2c what he thinks.

hope everyone has a good day, type to ya later.
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well, this is my second time around with this site. First time I lost 40lbs. I managed to put back on 30lbs. 15 days ago I started walking 3 miles 5 days a week and eating a negative of 500 calories daily. I have lost 3lbs already. YEA ME! Love my fitbit and this site. Carol
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    PIP-I became allergic to adhesive tape and started to get red and itchy around my wound area. I can no longer use certain adhesives. It sounds like you are doing well physically and being able to exercise is a good thing! You are so lucky to have such a loving care giver!

Mary from Minnesota
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Sharon ... I think it might be good that you don't shoot! :wink:

Joyce ... Underwear type are more comfortable (I'm told) and less diaperish ... He will be more likely to wear them.

When the sun pops out it is a beautiful day as trees are really starting to turn colors. Hoping to buy some pumpkins this afternoon. Some of you might remember me trying to make a fall display in the planter on my house ... Above my head? I think I learned last year to use a ladder instead of lifting a heavy display over my head and getting bonked with gourds! :smiley:

Have a great day!

Beth in WNY

YannieJannie ... Where are you???
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    a0h3dkjoork0.jpg

smiley-happy032.gif Joyce from SD, I experimented with your profile picture and can't figure out why it doesn't show up because it seems like a normal jpeg photo....it might be the size (possibly too small)...try some other pictures that you have on your computer and see what happens.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy032.gif DJ, I haven't heard much about the fires but I know that Jake hasn't made any comments about smoke in the air making it hard for him to breathe.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Did 1 more segment of the ab DVD that I have (about 10 minutes), held plank for 2 min 45 sec, then one hr extremepump class. I do wish they'd start the class on time, not 10 minutes late. I do find that I need to workout some on my own because we don't work triceps as much it seems. The plan for tomorrow is to do these 2 workouts that I found, one for the elliptical and one for the treadmill. Each is 30 minutes. I'll give that a try.

Joyce - I remember my father used the diapers that were like underwear. He was afraid that the tabs would come loose and spill the contents. There have been times when I've burned popcorn in the microwave and the whole house stunk. I would put a small dish of baking soda and water in it. I've also put a small dish of lemon juice in it. Our new microwave has a sensor in it and stops heating when it senses the humidity being released from the food (or lack of it)

Liz - hope you feel better soon, glad you had such a good day

sislee - welcome and wow on that loss. Good idea - to take it slowly. Don't get discouraged if those last few pounds take a while to get off, they will.

Teresa from AZ - welcome! Happy anniversary, too.

Sharon - "nothing physical" for pip. My dirty mind started to wander. Wonder how Kirby feels about this.....lol

Alison - your heart is so very big. Sounds like you wrote a good note there

Carol - stay with us and you'll see a great loss. Congrats on your loss so far

Michele in NC

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Janetr, birthday.gif birthday.gif birthday.gif

Liz, I do feel bad with all this rain because I know so many places are still in a severe drought. Too bad we can’t spread it around, but then I say the same thing about boobs. ??? Did I understand correctly that your daily calorie goal is 1900?? Wow. Did MFP assign that to you or a doctor?

Joyce SD, I hear you about trying to lose weight and ending up heavier than when you started. The thing for me is when I did that it was because I went on a diet. When I reached my goal, I’d go off my diet and here came the weight. This time I am not on a diet but a new lifelong journey. When I reach my goal I will continue the journey and just make small adjustments until I find the right was to eat and maintain. I have never been able to lose 60 pounds on a diet but have done it with this new healthy lifestyle. And I’m not finished yet. We can do this so for sure, don’t give up.

Sislee, welcome. Or I guess it should be, Welcome Back? Great going on the 22 lb loss. That is a wonderful start. Come here often for support. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Joyce, does the microwave only smell when “he” uses it? busted.gif Yes, I think cremating meat could be the cause. Maybe he could put the microwave on thaw to start with? Poor thing must have gotten really hungry.

Teresa, welcome! This is a great place for support and it sounds like you have a good plan. We are happy to have you join us.

Heather, I hope you know that your nonsense is not nonsense at all. Family problems are upsetting to all of us. It is especially sad that this has to come at your DH’s party time. I do hope ya’ll can throw it in the pile and move on. You have our love and support. ((((Hugs))))

CathyM, it’s never too late. Have a great month!

Sharon, OMG you did have a day full of every emotion. Try to focus on the good ones. I did have to laugh when I pictured you going into your sleeping DH and slapping him silly. boo.gif

Allison, I thought sheets that expensive would put you to sleep? Sorry for the restless night. Good that you are getting rid of stuff and I hope you can reschedule the hair appointment.

NMMargaret, I like the idea of working on a puzzle. That sounds relaxing. My DD does them all the time. I might have to get one and get started.

Allison, it sounds like a good note. You should give serious thought to giving it to him.

Pip, you are just amazing. I still can’t believe you went back to work after just a week. Keep healing!

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Well, it rained pretty hard all night last night. It seemed to stop shortly before noon but is supposed to rain more later and overnight. If the forecast is right, it will end by noon tomorrow and can start the dry out. The pictures from around the area are unreal with water up to the roofline of homes in some areas. My good friend’s DGD lost a close friend that drowned. It’s really sad. I just hope the worst is over and am thankful that we didn’t have any problems at our house. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Janetr - Happy Birthday! Have a great day celebrating!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    [ <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Janetr ... Happy Birthday!!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Janetr - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, :drinker:

My 2 turkey burgers each for dinner were delicious. I grind them with frozen spinach etc. I meant to put one of my birthday dried Mexican chillies in them, but, having soaked it, I forgot to use it. I ended up folding in the chopped chilli afterwards. :bigsmile: We always keep two back for cold lunch the next day.

We had our "worry" session at 5 pm for 20 minutes. Thrashed the whole thing through again. Then DH went off to meditate. I think the sessions are working for me, but it goes much deeper for him. He might try the writing it all down technique tomorrow afternoon. ;):)

My Portsmouth friend asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with her on Wednesday. :drinker: She is going to pick me up and drive to my very favourite gastropub. Lovely. <3 I will be hearing all about her moving traumas. :laugh:
    Still haven't got the electricity key from the letting agent. Emailed them again today. Now waiting on tenterhooks for exchange. :ohwell:

Ordered some balloons today with 70 on them. The flashing 70 banner arrived today. :D We also have lots of sparkly lights for the dancing in the barn. DH has made a Party Play list. His younger daughter has made another.

Tomorrow I have yoga, followed by a quick coffee in the pub to celebrate our teacher's 50th birthday. I think someone is bringing cake, but I won't be eating any. I'm trying to lose the 2 pounds I have put on for the party. Today was my first alcohol free day for a long time and I am well under limits. It's all around my middle and I am wearing a VERY clinging velvet long dress. Ugh! Then in the afternoon I have my flu jab. DH isn't going to have one. Then in the evening I have the W I . We are supposed to bring scarves, hairpieces and eyeliner to use with a visiting makeup artist. Hmmmm. ?.?

Rain, rain, rain, but nothing like SC's awful weather. At least my grass seed will sprout. :laugh:

Love Heather UK
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    http://thejigsawpuzzles.com/
    With a houseful of cats, I cannot do traditional jigsaws, but I do one or more of these a day. Note that you can set the number of pieces on the puzzle you choose.